Club interaction and engagement - catchy eh?

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Somewhat of an overreaction I think. 

It seems like it has been lifted from the twitter match text feed in an effort to get a report out quickly. Yes it does have a few errors with tense but generally it reads well.

"... before Desire Segbe Azankpo had a from a tight angle saved..."

"... Eoin Doyle flicked a long ball onto Woolery inside the penalty area, but the forward couldn’t keep composed as his strike goes over the bar."

"... as a dangerous low cross from the right found Iacovitti at the back post, but somehow, he failed to hit the target however the offside flag as raised."

"... from out wide landed at the feet of Keshi Anderson and he strikes at goal. "

"...he drove towards goal and he curled his effort into the bottom corner to score and meaning this was his ninth goal in nine consecutive games for the Irishman."

Overreaction or just another example of the low standards we have come to expect/accept with our club?

I often have a read of my niece's English homework - she's 13 and writes better than that. It's poor in my view, although I accept we have greater worries as a club!

The changing from past tense, mid-sentence, is particularly amateurish.

He/she should of gone to a proper skool if he/she wants to right reports.

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

"... Eoin Doyle flicked a long ball onto Woolery inside the penalty area, but the forward couldn’t keep composed as his strike goes over the bar."

"... as a dangerous low cross from the right found Iacovitti at the back post, but somehow, he failed to hit the target however the offside flag as raised."

"... from out wide landed at the feet of Keshi Anderson and he strikes at goal. "

"...he drove towards goal and he curled his effort into the bottom corner to score and meaning this was his ninth goal in nine consecutive games for the Irishman."

Overreaction or just another example of the low standards we have come to expect/accept with our club?

I often have a read of my niece's English homework - she's 13 and writes better than that. It's poor in my view, although I accept we have greater worries as a club!

The three Rs are basic skills taught in schools: reading, writing and arithmetic :getmecoat:

9 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Reads like his last job was offering to share the loot of a West African dictator in exchange for Bank details. 

33 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think I opted in, as I used to get emails to 2 accounts, but now they only go to one. 

One of the marketing people ran a campaign to gather email addresses so that a newsletter could be sent out. I thought possibly Guy Walker but he left 9 years ago! It will be separate from the customer database.

Regardless, there must be a database (that isn’t the TicketMaster one) with people who didn’t renew with some sort of contact details be it phone, address or email. Chunk it up and get on the phone, send a letter or email. I see that they have been sending free tickets to *some* lapsed ST holders though. 

42 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think I opted in, as I used to get emails to 2 accounts, but now they only go to one. 

31 minutes ago, underdog said:

I must admit I do too

I guess I  might have opted to unsubscribe but I don't remember doing it.

Which email does it come from?

Hemingway summed it up in one of his novels....

”....how did you go bankrupt?” Mike asked 

“two ways” Bill replied, “gradually, then suddenly”

It’s not just financial, it’s a metaphor for our general well being. We haven’t quite reached “suddenly” but we have absolutely nailed the gradually part.

18 hours ago, rudemedic said:

FWIW I've had an automated weekly update from the club every week since the start of the season. A few in the summer and every week for the 2019 portion of last season. 

Have any of you that haven't received an email checked your spam? 

Is that the weekly newsletter?

As if it is, it’s an EFL mailing list, not a club one

Edit: just seen the email above, yeah that’s from the EFL, not directly from the club. The EFL do most clubs websites so when you sign up/create an iFollow account or whatever, you’re opting in with them

16 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

One of the marketing people ran a campaign to gather email addresses so that a newsletter could be sent out. I thought possibly Guy Walker but he left 9 years ago! It will be separate from the customer database.

Regardless, there must be a database (that isn’t the TicketMaster one) with people who didn’t renew with some sort of contact details be it phone, address or email. Chunk it up and get on the phone, send a letter or email. I see that they have been sending free tickets to *some* lapsed ST holders though. 

The only databases I had at Latics were taken from Ticketmaster’s software, as that would log all the details and store all customer information, and then we are able to pull that data into excel format

The system in place to collate the data is great, but logging it all is what’s difficult. When you have people buying tickets for the first time, but there’s only yourself selling tickets and massive queues before kick off, the aim is to get fans into the stadium, not collect their information. The problem is that the Ticket Office at Oldham is poorly staffed so it’s impossible for one person to gather all the data and implement it into Ticketmaster’s Sport XR software at peak times

And even if you did, Latics would have to invest in a decent mailing tool and somebody to do the marketing for them, whether it be somebody full time or an external business

5 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

The only databases I had at Latics were taken from Ticketmaster’s software, as that would log all the details and store all customer information, and then we are able to pull that data into excel format

The system in place to collate the data is great, but logging it all is what’s difficult. When you have people buying tickets for the first time, but there’s only yourself selling tickets and massive queues before kick off, the aim is to get fans into the stadium, not collect their information. The problem is that the Ticket Office at Oldham is poorly staffed so it’s impossible for one person to gather all the data and implement it into Ticketmaster’s Sport XR software at peak times

And even if you did, Latics would have to invest in a decent mailing tool and somebody to do the marketing for them, whether it be somebody full time or an external business

The ticket office was poorly staffed when you were here Billy. It's worse now as it's only part time as you know.

Archived