Take your pick

So far, in conjunction with some of my old scouting colleagues, seven forwards have been identified who could do a good job for Latics from January.

1. Premiership club southern u23s,  Stocky build, good movement in and around the penalty area, goal poacher.

2. Premiership club southern u23s,  6ft 3ins old fashioned centre forward, decent goal scoring record.

3. Championship club northern u23s,  6ft, very highly rated by fans, good goal scoring record.

4. Championship northern u23s  6ft 3ins, youth international honours, good goal scoring record.

5. Division 2,    6ft 1ins, very mobile, unsettles defenders,decent goal scoring record.

6. Non league, 6ft 5ins, not quick but superb in the air, decent goal scoring record.

7, Non league, Strong, quick, prolific goal scorer.

This doesn't mean we will get any of them of course as some will be on good loan wages or fees required, but all are worth enquiries. 

Who do you fancy from those descriptions?

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So far, in conjunction with some of my old scouting colleagues, seven forwards have been identified who could do a good job for Latics from January.

1. Premiership club southern u23s,  Stocky build, good movement in and around the penalty area, goal poacher.

2. Premiership club southern u23s,  6ft 3ins old fashioned centre forward, decent goal scoring record.

3. Championship club northern u23s,  6ft, very highly rated by fans, good goal scoring record.

4. Championship northern u23s  6ft 3ins, youth international honours, good goal scoring record.

5. Division 2,    6ft 1ins, very mobile, unsettles defenders,decent goal scoring record.

6. Non league, 6ft 5ins, not quick but superb in the air, decent goal scoring record.

This doesn't mean we will get any of them of course as some will be on good loan wages or fees required, but all are worth enquiries. 

All of ‘em 😉

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So far, in conjunction with some of my old scouting colleagues, seven forwards have been identified who *i think* could do a good job for Latics from January.

FTFY

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Doesn’t matter who we want BP, undoubtable it will be the cheapest option that the Lemsagam’s prefer.

45 minutes ago, roytonboy said:

BP - do you ever get any feedback / acknowledgement from the club or stony silence??

Yes, got feedback on 2 of them today, both players watched and favourable responses so far.  

TBH even if they weren't very good, and I doubt that. No self-respecting professional League club can do anything when the 4th choice striker is a 15 year-old. 

If we aren't going to play any of the potential #MoAL forwards, bar Desire, then we need bodies. 

If none of the #MoAL forwards who haven't featured in months don't get even on the bench in the next 2 weeks then I think someone on the board needs to point out how bad it looks to #MoAL. 

37 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Why the need for this bit ? Porter is a far better striker than anything we have owned for as long as I can remember. Proper striker. (L1/L2 at least)

Always liked porter and yes, he knows were the onion bag is but he did the dirty on us after we had stood by him and his injury, that's unforgivable!

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'd like the one who can create chances out of thin air and doesn't need any support...

36 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Chris Porter he was we carried him when he was here i would defy anybody to put a strong case forward to say he was any good when he was here!!!!!!!!

23 minute hat trick at Brentford. Not many can claim that one. 28 in 66 for us, roughly 1 in 3 for Colchester and Crewe and almost 1 in 2 for Motherwell (but Scottish Leagues don't count). Yup, we carried him alright :lol:.

14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

23 minute hat trick at Brentford. Not many can claim that one. 28 in 66 for us, roughly 1 in 3 for Colchester and Crewe and almost 1 in 2 for Motherwell (but Scottish Leagues don't count). Yup, we carried him alright :lol:.

22 goals in the season we reached the playoffs 🤔😂

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

Chris Porter he was we carried him when he was here i would defy anybody to put a strong case forward to say he was any good when he was here!!!!!!!!

If he was no good why would anyone be upset when he allegedly legged us over?  Which he didn't anyway.

Archived