Crawley (H)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

“Game of two halves”

Sponsors had too much Sherry... Maouche MOTM. 

Come on... next 3 all winnable. 

Nearly agreed with you, but he constantly kept the ball too long and lost possession 3 times in the second half and one of them nearly cost us a goal to equalise.  Good timing by Dino to swap him .

If you look at our equaliser the hunt for the ball and press by Smith forced the corner which he took and Wheater scored , thought the sponsors made the right decision as he was a constant danger in the second half and one cross field pass was superb.

Worked his balls off and worthy MOM in my view...

45 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Not being pedantic but I assume you are including the Mickey Mouse and other cup game/s in that (or perhaps stripping out away support?)

Our average home league attendance thus far (after today) is 3306.

Last season's league average was 4364.

Delighted with a win today but the attendance figures don't lie. They are sliding week on week. There's a reason for that and, certainly in my case, it's got nothing to do with wins, losses or draws. I saw past that long ago. I`ve always said even if we win ten on the spin, I won't attend again.

I will resume my previous lifelong loyalty, when, and only when, we have a new regime in charge.

I mean home fans only in eleven league games. Aggregate 32950 at an average of 2995. You’re right for the total gates including away fans.
This is what I’m reduced to on a Saturday afternoon, cheers Abdallah you cunt. 

Our form isnt all that the actual league table has us sat in 20th, 19th if you include Maccs points deduction.

Also while the form is good keeping this up is unlikely due to the lack of ability in the squad particularly upfront. If this is not addressed in January and I have absolutely no confidence that the sporting director will do this. Then this form won't last. 

We won't go down but I doubt we will finish above 17th.

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Deserved that. I think today's midfield looked a lot more balanced with Sylla in the team. 

Second goal was really nicely worked from Wilson and Maouche. Won the ball off a good high press, worked it forward quickly and a clinical finish. Want to see more of this!

They missed a few decent chances, but we also could have converted a couple more. 

alot of players worked their arses of today, the two for me where Sylla and Desire... McCann and Maouche were a different class.. ive been critical of Maouche this season, but not today the ball sticks to his foot when hes in possession seems a little effortless.. You can tell McCann has played the game at a higher level very composed and again his ball control and anticipation are 2nd to none, we did well to bring him in... 

5 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I mean home fans only in eleven league games. Aggregate 32950 at an average of 2995. You’re right for the total gates including away fans.
This is what I’m reduced to on a Saturday afternoon, cheers Abdallah you cunt. 

get over yourself with this Abdallah witch hunt 

Just retired, now based in Staffordshire and generally get a dozen games a season in.
Just bought a half season ticket now that I have more time. Am I mad to ‘support the current regime’ or is it bloody great ‘cos I just support this club and always have???

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Just retired, now based in Staffordshire and generally get a dozen games a season in.
Just bought a half season ticket now that I have more time. Am I mad to ‘support the current regime’ or is it bloody great ‘cos I just support this club and always have???

Your crazy to want to spend your time watching latics in midweek and saturdays. Im picking mine up next week 

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Your crazy but I commend you. Wether people are AL out or pro AL, it's still 11 latics shirts on the pitch. Most are worried about losing their club and not having a team to watch. But yet they stay away not watching their team. Each to there own but I'd rather watch a shite team when I can than stay at home moaning about people that arent on the pitch jus incase I dont have a team to watch. I dont think we will go under but I fear that football these days is about rich and poor. And we r on the poorer end so we will linger around league 2

If we win our game in hand we're 9 points off the play-offs with nearly half a season remaining. Of course, all that proves is what a terrible league this is.

Genuine question - have we ever been owned by someone who wasn't worth boycotting? Lees milked us for the beer rights and never invested a penny (we actually had to sell our captain to pay for the RRE), Moore remains the most evil man ever connected to the club, Corney was responsible for our slow death and the chuckle brothers have speeded that up because they're so inept. So, i reckon there's a strong case to have boycotted the club, because of ownership, for at least 50 years. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Not being pedantic ....

I will resume my previous lifelong loyalty, when, and only when, we have a new regime in charge.

Not being pedantic but it won’t be lifelong then . If you stop something it can’t be. 

41 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

If we win our game in hand we're 9 points off the play-offs with nearly half a season remaining. Of course, all that proves is what a terrible league this is.

Genuine question - have we ever been owned by someone who wasn't worth boycotting? Lees milked us for the beer rights and never invested a penny (we actually had to sell our captain to pay for the RRE), Moore remains the most evil man ever connected to the club, Corney was responsible for our slow death and the chuckle brothers have speeded that up because they're so inept. So, i reckon there's a strong case to have boycotted the club, because of ownership, for at least 50 years. 

Nah, fucking loved the Moore/Dowie play-off season.  Had plenty of relatively good times under Corney et al too.

This lot are something else - Fulham was one of the best games ever.  Everything else has been the polar opposite.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Nah, fucking loved the Moore/Dowie play-off season.  Had plenty of relatively good times under Corney et al too.

This lot are something else - Fulham was one of the best games ever.  Everything else has been the polar opposite.

Unfortunately I totally agree my best times as a oldham fan. But I'm sure bury were pretty happy last season....

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Unfortunately I totally agree my best times as a oldham fan. But I'm sure bury were pretty happy last season....

Indeed.  We survived the over-spending on good players.  Bury didn't.  Sucks to be them..

Regardless of the ethics of over-spending - I did twenty away games in that Dowie season (a PB..) and it'll last longer in the memory than the seasons where we spent sensibly and finished 17th in the First division...

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

get over yourself with this Abdallah witch hunt 

I hate to disappoint you mate but people like us won't be shutting up anytime soon. If you want to bury your head in the sand and think everything is fine then you go and do that. Ill just look at whats actually going on at the football club a win over Crawley changes very little in the long run.

Great win, take three points all day long.

In essence, not much changes and the club is still in the grip of a totally unsuitable and maddening regime and we need to get alternative owners in before we seek any real improvement to the club but well done Dino and the players.

Support the team not the regime

Merry Christmas everyone      

Look at our ex strikers now

Grabban Ladapo Eaves Porter Doyle  all doing well Great win today but again goals from a defender and midfield..Oldham always prided themselves on good pairing of decent forwards but this seems history.

45 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Look at our ex strikers now

Grabban Ladapo Eaves Porter Doyle  all doing well Great win today but again goals from a defender and midfield..Oldham always prided themselves on good pairing of decent forwards but this seems history.

Have to make do now, good job goals are coming from elsewhere and we'd take that

Onwards to the seaside and we best be ready for a battle.

Archived