Morecambe away on Boxing Day

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Wilson was stripped off for JLAA about ten minutes before he came on. He then seemed to get dressed again and then JLAA was hauled off immediately when he failed to follow the ball in when he would have had a simple tap in after a goalie spill.

He then went straight off down the tunnel and I thought at the time that might be the last we ever saw of him in a Latics shirt (although he did come out for a warm down at HT).

I noticed he was limping, and it  didn't help when he tripped over his own feet in the warm up.

9 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

from where i was in RRE he was very slow to react to more than one ball, his anticipation and movement seemed very poor, im guessing thst JLAA was just a stop gap until the transfer window opens in jan... im still of the belief we are 1 or 2 players from having a playoff challenging side... once Nepo comes back he will add abit more quality to us.. Massive plus point the 2nd half against crawley  to come back from 1-0 to win 2-1 .. says alot about players / manager...

god you are full of shit Barry 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

From Dino’s post match assessment:

A change was also made in the first-half after finding his side a goal down and he was open and honest at the decision behind taking Akpa Akpro off.

"He wasn't good enough. I've told him that.

"You can't turn up and produce what he produced. I'm here to win football matches, I'm not here to carry passengers and if any player turns up with that type of performance, you can see the frustration from everybody and my job is to make that change.

"I've got to say how it is and he's got to be better than that."

Spot on. He was garbage. 

21 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

We have some decent players in our squad.. 1 defeat in 7 doesnt screem all shit.. hopefully we are heading in the right direction , Alot of positives at the club.. 

What is your narcotic of choice by the way because you are clearly away with the fairies

Either that or you are one of Barry or Mo's sock puppets.

19 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

playoff challenging side??? We are 19th in the lowest league of football with a strike force of shit!! 

we are 10 points outside the playoffs, 20 games to go, January transfer window coming up  1 defeat in 7, team playing for the manager,.. scoring goals with a shit strike force.. onwards and upwards 

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

we are 10 points outside the playoffs, 20 games to go, January transfer window coming up  1 defeat in 7, team playing for the manager,.. scoring goals with a shit strike force.. onwards and upwards 

Absolute bell and club plant - Bazza 

45 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

We have won 5 league games all season? We are shite 

50 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We have won 5 league games all season? We are shite 

20 + games to go.. Season is not over by a long stretch 60 points to play for.. There is a positive feel amongst the squad, transfer window opens in 2 weeks , there is a lit to play for still 

70 points to get in the playoffs (at best). We have 23 after 21. 25 games left to get 47 points? Improving from around a point a game, to two points a game - i.e. champions form - for the rest of the season.

Colour me doubtful.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

please highlight the positives 

Settled goal keeper and back 4 .. A Group of talented midfielders.. Even though our strikers are not really scoring we are still scoring goals, we are alot harder to beat, fitness in the squad has improved,  1 defeat in 7, shown resilience and character to turn around a 1-0 deficit.. A well liked player returning next week.. 20 + games to go, around 60 points up for grabs, only 12 points outside play offs .. Above are my positives .. 

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

70 points to get in the playoffs (at best). We have 23 after 21. 25 games left to get 47 points? Improving from around a point a game, to two points a game - i.e. champions form - for the rest of the season.

Colour me doubtful.

We are only 12 points outside the playoff at this point in seaon.. I dont think you are going to need 70+ points to grab a playoff place.. 47 points out of a total of 69 points ? Everyone in this league is capable of beating each other.. its doable...

It's a one in 10 year event that fewer than 70 points gets you a playoff place. You're relying on us having an excellent half season, and pretty much every one else having an average/poor half season. Unlikely. 28/1 at the bookies if you're tempted.

10 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Settled goal keeper and back 4 .. A Group of talented midfielders.. Even though our strikers are not really scoring we are still scoring goals, we are alot harder to beat, fitness in the squad has improved,  1 defeat in 7, shown resilience and character to turn around a 1-0 deficit.. A well liked player returning next week.. 20 + games to go, around 60 points up for grabs, only 12 points outside play offs .. Above are my positives .. 

Come off it mate. 

Archived