Morecambe away on Boxing Day

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dino is as much of a nutter as Frankie if he believes that Segbe was outstanding against Crawley!

The bloke is the worst player ever to wear a Latics shirt,he is shockingly bad.

Only way we take 3 points from Morecambe is if Maouche or Smith score. Can't see a goal coming from anywhere else.

11 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Dino is as much of a nutter as Frankie if he believes that Segbe was outstanding against Crawley!

Only way we take 3 points from Morecambe is if Maouche or Smith score. Can't see a goal coming from anywhere else.

Well it's only 48 hours since someone else scored 

15 minutes ago, archiecat said:

You would expect he would notch a few more though Dave,with that kind of physical presence and experience Wheater should be scoring more often.

Get the delivery (corners and free-kicks) right and he would score more. We don’t have a dead ball expert in the team as far as I can see. Eagles has the best delivery but, him apart,  the others who take the corners etc. are too inconsistent.

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Wilson by far the better football player. But segbe by far the better athlete, which is why I think he gets the nod. If you look at our team, not a lot of them are die hard run in to the ground players. And its something that's needed in this division. What he lacks in striker quality, he more than makes up for in being a nuisance in my book. I rate the amount of throw ins and rushed clearances that the opposition make as much as rate a dazzling run and shot. And he causes the opposition to do that. Also how many years have we been saying we only have this person who looks like scoring? We could have ronaldo and messi up front and wed ruin them. Striker graveyard this place haha. At least this season we are getting a few goals if not as many as deserved

12 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Wilson by far the better football player. But segbe by far the better athlete, which is why I think he gets the nod. If you look at our team, not a lot of them are die hard run in to the ground players. And its something that's needed in this division. What he lacks in striker quality, he more than makes up for in being a nuisance in my book. I rate the amount of throw ins and rushed clearances that the opposition make as much as rate a dazzling run and shot. And he causes the opposition to do that. Also how many years have we been saying we only have this person who looks like scoring? We could have ronaldo and messi up front and wed ruin them. Striker graveyard this place haha. At least this season we are getting a few goals if not as many as deserved

Well said 👍 i like Segbe.

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Im not sure their is much difference in their ability to run Wilson and Segbe cover about the same amount of ground as each other they are probably about as quick as each other, Smith is quicker than both of them. Wilson is just slightly more likely to score of the 2.

4 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Not. Even. Close. 

I'm still not convinced that Sefil isn't going to turn out to be some Ali Dia style spoof. 

For his performances at the start of the season Sefil should have been made to apologise to every professional footballer in England. I genuinely thought the entire sport was under threat of falling apart. Watching him literally stand their and watch as Bradford knocked in their 3rd goal was a truly unforgivable moment.

2 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Whats the deal with having to buy a ticket in advance? Was going to make a last minute decision..

I'm running the risk on it being bullshit. Surely will be POTD if we haven't even shifted the initial 400 allocation.

8 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I'm running the risk on it being bullshit. Surely will be POTD if we haven't even shifted the initial 400 allocation.

You've got to be keen to make a journey this time of year and fair play to those who do,

Myself and the other 3 exiled tics here, are lucky we don't have to

9 hours ago, archiecat said:

He's quick and can be a nuisance when chasing down defenders.  He has a lot of limitations and is probably more suited to playing out wide rather than through the middle.

With that in mind, he might not amount to much at the end of his time here but he's not in the worst Latics player ever conversation.  There are plenty who deserve that title (Steve Kabba is my all-time pick) but not Desire.

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

He's quick and can be a nuisance when chasing down defenders.  He has a lot of limitations and is probably more suited to playing out wide rather than through the middle.

The problem with our beninese international is that, as much as he runs around and works hard, he is not scoring enough goals for the team.

I believe it’s now 2 in 20 appearances. That is what he will ultimately be judged on. 

He does come across as a likeable guy though and I’d love it if he could score a goal or two over the holiday period.🙂

3 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Looks like it actually isn't POTD. For a L2 fixture with a half empty away end.

I'll call Morecambe on Boxing Day morning but if anyone has a couple of spares please let me know.

You should be able to potd in the home end. 

Archived