Boycotting

According to PTB's survey, 12% of fans are currently boycotting the club - myself included. A few voices on here have said they're doing the same but how are you filling your Saturdays? Other football teams, other sports, shopping with the missus at B&Q?

Been to a few local non-league teams, seen a few decent FC United games, even got round to watching ice hockey down in Altrincham. Anyone else doing the same?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the £hundreds I’ve saved and hours avoided travelling up to and down from Oldham most Saturdays, I haven’t really missed it.  Wife and kids have loved having me around and doing things together as a family.  I can see why fans leave and never return - that should be very worrying for our club!

My love for the club hasn’t diminished - I just see it as the club is closed for refurbishment until the Clown is smoked out.  Even doing nothing, aside from watching Soccer Saturday, I don’t think about matchday much.  I’d never bet against my club so just exclude from me weekly acca.

I'm on a partial boycott, not spending money in the ground and I've been to half the home games so despite renewing I'll lose money in our STs. I've been to 3 away games all season normally I've done about 20+ games by this stage of the season I've barely done 10. The interest isn't there, I have no affinity to the players abs have barely celebrated a goal all season.

I won't be at the Salford game and not going to Morecambe doing a non league double header instead. It doesn't feel like my club any more, the atmosphere is weird and dead and we have jingle 🛎 ends like Owen spouting off to the fans With his bull :censored: statements every five minutes.

If I didn't have a ST I'd follow suit of many of my mates and refuse to pay in. Usually I'm well on the way to paying for next seasons ST but I've bought Roughyeds season tickets for next year. And I'm buying an Avro Season Ticket in the summer. 

This isn't my club anymore and won't be until the clowns in charge sell up.

oh and Barry please :censored: the :censored: off, and when you get there turn left and :censored: off some more you patronising, undermining gob:censored:e! 

I was only a pay-on-the-day supporter anyway (8-10 home matches) but have only attended two away matches this season and not set foot at home. I can't see this changing at all until there is a major regime change and a new direction at the club. The bond has been severely damaged and seeing it played out over the season (the very public spat last week especially), I feel a lot of emptiness about the club at the moment. They've completely alienated fans like myself.

I have a mate coming for the Bradford home match which will feel odd as I'd normally go into the game but I plan to meet him and just go home at kick off time. I've plenty to fill my life but I would get a ST once the regime has ended and we're either rebuilding it as fans or with new investment on board.

First time in like forever, I have not been to a single game this season.

Don’t begrudge any supporter who still goes though, folk should choose without incrimination from others.

Being brutally honest though, I know I would go again if the team was playing  anything like half decent and a half decent team in this league would be top6 at the very least 

Do miss it though 😢

First year without a season ticket in years! Haven't attended at all this season. It wasn't intended as a "I'm not going till Abdallah fucks off" protest, more of a "it's become a fucking chore and I can spend my time better" kind of thing.

Genuinely haven't missed it. Caught bits and pieces of the games on my IPTV and looks like I haven't missed much.

Call me fairweather, but I'd be first back through the door if there was a bit of decent recruitment, or it looked like we were on the up rather than the slide.

Each to their own I suppose, I live in Northern Ireland and used to travel over to about 5 home games each year and the odd away game. Haven’t been over in years due to other family commitments, if I lived in and around Oldham I would have a season ticket no question. There is no way I would let this current owner drive me out of a club I have supported for over 30 years.

But as I said you can’t knock people for not attending. 

3 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

I'm on a partial boycott, not spending money in the ground and I've been to half the home games so despite renewing I'll lose money in our STs. I've been to 3 away games all season normally I've done about 20+ games by this stage of the season I've barely done 10. The interest isn't there, I have no affinity to the players abs have barely celebrated a goal all season.

I won't be at the Salford game and not going to Morecambe doing a non league double header instead. It doesn't feel like my club any more, the atmosphere is weird and dead and we have jingle 🛎 ends like Owen spouting off to the fans With his bull :censored: statements every five minutes.

If I didn't have a ST I'd follow suit of many of my mates and refuse to pay in. Usually I'm well on the way to paying for next seasons ST but I've bought Roughyeds season tickets for next year. And I'm buying an Avro Season Ticket in the summer. 

This isn't my club anymore and won't be until the clowns in charge sell up.

oh and Barry please :censored: the :censored: off, and when you get there turn left and :censored: off some more you patronising, undermining gob:censored:e! 

Thats pretty much where Im at. I feel no connection to this club with these cretins in charge of it I also haven't really celebrated a goal all season I didnt attend last saturday and felt complete indifference when I found out we had come back from 2 down on Saturday. Of the players I like Johnny Smith he will have a good career and a few other young lads like Tom Hamer. But I feel absolutely nothing for the foreign lads they are only here because of a dodgy agent.

Oh and Barry take the advice above and do one.

I am a ST holder and travel 100 miles to each home game.  I do not agree with many things done by the new owners nor the previous ones come to that; however,  I do believe the owner has invested and possibly stabilised it financially in the short term.  The recruitment side has been largely poor and the standard of football shocking and relations with the FLG and Trust remain a concern.  I live in hope that some lessons have been learnt by the owners, the Trust, FLG and whoever else is involved with off field affairs and things will improve soon.  That said, I continue to attend for two reasons; one it is my home town team that I have supported from being a boy and secondly, I meet up with my Dad and for 90 minutes I forget about the day to day humdrum of paying the gas bill, my job, do i need a new car....  Its my escape.  If I thought there was a genuine alternative waiting in the wings with the necessary financial clout, i would join the protest but I personally think that staying away just hastens the decline of the club into obscurity.  

3 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Call me fairweather, but I'd be first back through the door if there was a bit of decent recruitment, or it looked like we were on the up rather than the slide.

I think we’re all the same here.  It isn’t fairweather.  The club - irrespective of who is at the helm - owes it to us.  

10+ years of continuous dross served up.  During that same period, the fans continually dug deep each year through blind loyalty.  

The club shouldn’t expect us fans returning until there is decent product on the pitch - to repay our loyalty over the years that has now passed breaking point.

The club has lost its soul and everything that was good about it. That's why fans of many years support are leaving in their droves, nothing to do with the quality of the football as we have been pretty shite for years.

Owe the club nothing and this Board & owner even less

Still love the club, still support the team but hate the way we are being run   

I dont have the same love or affinity for my club like I did in all the years led by Frizzell and Royle and the attacking teams we had and players who spent years with us rather than weeks nowadays.

Only reason I go is to see old friends who are diminishing in numbers each year.

The football is rarely entertaining  and sometimes downright boring.

Sad to see.

I keep going  due to blind loyalty  but even that is seriously testing me .

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l have either been working or walked the dog. Fancy morecambe tho and think we will make the play offs 📈.

In the spirit of the season, God bless your positive attitude, God bless Joe Royle and God bless everyone (but especially his holiness the Pope). Good will to all.

For the first time in 16 years, I am yet to attend a home game this year (I've done a couple away). The way the club is being ran is slowly bringing more and more apathy. I truly cannot see anything getting better under our current owners and these recent club statements just reinforce the circus that is our football club at the moment. I'll be one of the first back, once I can actually see ourselves moving even remotely in a positive direction.

Whatever you are doing this festive season and beyond. We are all latics family, enjoy yourselves and above all.....

"Lets be safe out there...." Chrimbo quiz can you name the series?  

Enjoy folks and a bah humbug to you all ho, ho, ho....

Same as most posters, been to Carlisle away and went to the protest and into BP for the first time this season vs Orient, didnt see anything to change my mind from going on the field and off the field..... well...... the crazy thing is that my lad still loves it and his pals and i drop them off and pick them up every game, its a crying shame what’s happening but im continuing with my stance till AL goes, i hate Saturdays! 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Whatever you are doing this festive season and beyond. We are all latics family, enjoy yourselves and above all.....

"Lets be safe out there...." Chrimbo quiz can you name the series?  

Enjoy folks and a bah humbug to you all ho, ho, ho....

Hill Street Blues?

I was a season ticket holder for the last 10 seasons with my daughter, this season I've been to Blackburn and Bradford. 

I don't miss it and neither does my daughter. It's sad because I miss out on seeing very close friends who I use to have a pre match pint in The Rifle with. 

stopped enjoying it a few years ago so cut back on games i attended to concentrate on my other hobby of photography used to leave saturdays free to goto games but no longer care enough to do that whilest this bunch of clowns are near the club .rather spend my cash on a studio and a model 

2 minutes ago, peanuts said:

stopped enjoying it a few years ago so cut back on games i attended to concentrate on my other hobby of photography used to leave saturdays free to goto games but no longer care enough to do that whilest this bunch of clowns are near the club .rather spend my cash on a studio and a model 

What kind of model do you get for the admission price at BP? 

Archived