Boycotting

16 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I willed that Scholes appointment over the line and once confirmed, I had genuine hope for the future. I had no idea if he’d be any good - none of us did I don’t think, but someone like Paul Scholes at little Oldham Athletic could only have been a good thing long term. For it to end like it did, as quickly as that and on my birthday too was a right kick in the tackle which I’m still reeling from. 

This man, his brother, the ex-copper and all the other cronies need to pack up and clear off out of Oldham forthwith and leave what’s left of us to pick up the pieces and carry on. 

Merry Christmas and a hopeful new year. 

This poison is running through the veins of every Latics fan, we've had some really dark days that's for sure but right now seems to be the darkest.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if some people are just naturally drifting because they're getting older. Lots of middle aged men looking for an excuse to stay away. It happens. The spark wanes as middle aged spread expands. 

Of course, the fact that the standard of football has been so poor for so long doesn't help. Neither does the ownership, but these might be timely excuses.  Adopt moral outrage but, really, you just can't be arsed anymore because you're just getting old.

8 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I wonder if some people are just naturally drifting because they're getting older. Lots of middle aged men looking for an excuse to stay away. It happens. The spark wanes as middle aged spread expands. 

Of course, the fact that the standard of football has been so poor for so long doesn't help. Neither does the ownership, but these might be timely excuses.  Adopt moral outrage but, really, you just can't be arsed anymore because you're just getting old.

The same middle aged men who still managed to be arsed about turning up for the protest? 

57 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

‘More.....

The squad is shit
‘The league is shit

The atmosphere is shit

The owner is shit

The way they treat staff is shit

The way treat the fans is shit

The Director of football is shit 

The red fleeced vitriolic geezer is shit

Club statements are shit.......................................

4 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

‘More.....

The squad is shit
‘The league is shit

The atmosphere is shit

The owner is shit

Upboat, despite being way too polite about Barry. 

4 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

My Dad is 60+ and he’ll be back in a shot as soon as these cunts fuck off out of the Club.

4 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Funny but as I look around at most games, I see many blokes, like myself, 50 plus and over, still turning out in all weathers, some having to make long journey's to attend Home games.

Getting old is a rite of passage but don't let the football spoil your day :coffee1:

42 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Funny but as I look around at most games, I see many blokes, like myself, 50 plus and over, still turning out in all weathers, some having to make long journey's to attend Home games.

Getting old is a rite of passage but don't let the football spoil your day :coffee1:

The problem is that there is more 50.plus than young. To quote the future from ferris buller, I weap for the future 

49 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The problem is that there is more 50.plus than young. To quote the future from ferris buller, I weap for the future 

Maybe, us old bastards shouldn't bother either, the difference is, we remember what once was and still cling on to that hope.

46 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Maybe, us old bastards shouldn't bother either, the difference is, we remember what once was and still cling on to that hope.

Missing my point! U are the life blood and god bless u. But we need new blood, the catholic religion is dead and so will oldham if we dont start winning.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Missing my point! U are the life blood and god bless u. But we need new blood, the catholic religion is dead and so will oldham if we dont start winning.

Oldham Athletic is my religion and B.P is where I come to worship,

Come forth and be baptised in the faith 🙏

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Better to be old than a twat.

39 minutes ago, DarkStar said:

Better to be old than a twat.

Or old and a twat. Rattled a cage? Seriously. If you care about the club then get your finger out of your saggy arse and fight. or be a twat and stay away, like you. Oooo, poor me. I love the club but i can't possibly go any more because of my moral outrage. People like you are old and a twat. You're either dishonest are you are genuinely unaware of your short comings. Which is it? Would you rather go shopping with you wife? Get a fucking grip.

Or do you think football is just a business? Therefore i won't buy into this business because i don't like the product. Well i don't. Your ridiculously short repost shows the limits of your intelligence. I love the club. It's my club. I hate the last few years. i can't stand this or the previous owners. But i' will never stay away or hide behind ridiculous excuses. 

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Not the point. we should. i'm just sick of the older former fans hiding behind some pathetic excuses. Forgot the past. Stop living in the past. Some of us just love the club and refuse to let it die by staying away. OUR club. Staying away achieves nothing positive. It's not a protest. It's capitulation. You've given up. Fair enough. But stop ramming your moral outrage down everybody else throat because it's actually bollocks. You've just lost the passion. Go shopping instead.

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

9 hours ago, WLYOWD said:

‘More.....

The squad is shit
‘The league is shit

The atmosphere is shit

The owner is shit

So stay away like a shithouse and do nothing or make a stand. Attend and protest. Show some passion. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. or go shopping and the shut the fuck up. 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:48 PM, Dick_Valentine said:

This. I haven’t set foot in the place since. Enough was enough for me on 14/3/19. 

Why? He clearly didn't have the stomach. like many of the whinging 'fans' on here.  He could'n't give a shit. I think the current manager has shown so much more backbone and commitment. I like Scholes, but he behaved like a total prima donna. If he loved the club, he would've dug in and fought. Same for all supporters. Too many are full of sanctimonious bollocks. 

Archived