Salford (H)

3 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I know Wigan and Salford are bigger teams than us now (in terms of financial power) but I just find it odd with teams like Salford where their fans have come from. I have the same issue with MK Don's fans.

Wigan are a bigger club than us in every possible respect apart from age. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’re only bigger because they’ve been bankrolled. I remember going to Springfield Park for a league game in front of about 3000 fans with the majority from Oldham.

( We lost😂) You could see the new ground half built in the distance from the terraces. 10 years later they were in the Premiership!!

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They’re only bigger because they’ve been bankrolled. I remember going to Springfield Park for a league game in front of about 3000 fans with the majority from Oldham.

( We lost😂) You could see the new ground half built in the distance from the terraces. 10 years later they were in the Premiership!!

I'll never forget Springfield park, bloody place was falling apart around you, what a dump!

Wigan's ground is partially owned by the local council. If Oldham Council had done similar for us and the then Oldham Bears things might be very different for sport in Oldham. 

We were the first side to beat the plastics in a League game at the then JJB stadium. 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:43 PM, Bristolatic said:

773. Can't believe that 4,505 Latics fans have rocked up.

Lol - you needn't have believed it Bristol - because they didn't. Almost 2,000 "home" fans less at today's game versus Scunny just 3 days later!

The Salford City attendance at BP was a complete anomaly, mainly attributable to the "long Xmas break factor" and loads of "reds" attending.

45 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Lol - you needn't have believed it Bristol - because they didn't. Almost 2,000 "home" fans less at today's game versus Scunny just 3 days later!

The Salford City attendance at BP was a complete anomaly, mainly attributable to the "long Xmas break factor" and loads of "reds" attending.

And free tickets being mailed out to some ST holders to give to their mates

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Let's look at that as a positive.  They've actually managed to construct and use a mailing list.

Surprised so many turned up even given free tickets..won't happen again.

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s the only way I’ll be back this season. Wish someone would have saved me the 22 buff the other day.  But yeah most wont even bother if it’s free. I agree. 

Offered to pay for brother who often went last season..no way he said.

Archived