Off the pitch matters will be most important with regards to the season as a whole (and maybe beyond that), but we need to keep things ticking over at least on the pitch.  7 games in the month should give us a good chance to pick up points.

Scunthorpe (H)

Cheltenham (A)

Macclesfield (A)

Stevenage (A)

Carlisle (H)

Salford (A)

Mansfield (H)

I'd say 10 points or more would be a decent month, the 3 games in the middle of the month are the crucial games to win.  With a lot of key players struggling with knocks or injuries after the Christmas period, I'd take a couple of draws from the next 2 as long as we are firing for the 3 games in the following week.

A target man and hopefully Nepo coming in at left back would be the key additions we need first.  Any extra upgrades would be great too of course!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nepo is barely getting into a team bottom 4 in the league below what makes people think he will suddenly come here and radically improve this team.

He’s played most games for Chesterfield whilst he’s been there. 

8 minutes ago, Fervid said:

One of our best players going forward, he's been sorely missed and will be one of the first names on the teamsheet on his return 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nepo is barely getting into a team bottom 4 in the league below what makes people think he will suddenly come here and radically improve this team.

Because he finished with the highest number of assists when he was here? Because he knows how to cross a ball.because he can do all that whilst playing left back?

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because he finished with the highest number of assists when he was here? Because he knows how to cross a ball.because he can do all that whilst playing left back?

And because, he's light year's ahead of what we have.

2 hours ago, Fervid said:

I went back and double checked you are right he has played more games. 

But we are going to need more than him and a target man.

Id add in a CB to partner Wheater Egert just never stays fit we need a goalkeeper aswell De la paz should be number 2 and we probably need another forward plus we need to tie McCann down for the rest of the season atleast. We probably need to ship out atleast 10 players on the books. If you can't get in this team boy are you shit.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id add in a CB to partner Wheater Egert just never stays fit we need a goalkeeper aswell De la paz should be number 2 and we probably need another forward plus we need to tie McCann down for the rest of the season atleast. We probably need to ship out atleast 10 players on the books. If you can't get in this team boy are you shit.

It's only about survival now and with Nepo back, that'll be far easier, besides 

most of this squad won't be here at the end of the season and that includes the half decent players.

A total rebuild after every season has become the new norm.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not a left back IMO. Wasted back there when he should be more forward whipping the crosses in.

Iacovitti is no good either, so I think we need a good left back, a target man up front, and a goal poacher.

Leon Clarke and Eoin Doyle would do it up front for us! 😊😊😊😊😊

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure why anyone thought Nepo was coming back, he wanted away in the summer.

Have to be honest, I never imagined he'd of been taking a step backwards,

He shouldn't be playing at that level or this.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ship out to where? 

24 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Have to be honest, I never imagined he'd of been taking a step backwards,

He shouldn't be playing at that level or this.

Can’t imagine him ever doing better than taking a step sideways. He’s not that good. People let the total lack of any quality or ability in the squad cloud their judgement imo. League one AVERAGE player at absolute best. 

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Can’t imagine him ever doing better than taking a step sideways. He’s not that good. People let the total lack of any quality or ability in the squad cloud their judgement imo. League one AVERAGE player at absolute best. 

That's a step above what I'd mentioned 🤔

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So a massive improvement then. 

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Because we've seen him, and we've seen Iacovitti. 

So have I hes an upgrade but not much of one and he doesn't want to play left back and Im not sure he wants to be here anymore.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Ship out to where? 

Its more in hope than expectation. Im well aware knowone will have your sefils Gonzalez and Vera.

Archived