(ah aaah aaaaah aah)

Better think of your future

(ah aaah aaaaah aah)

Time you straightened right out

And delivered right now

(ah aaah aaaaah aah)

Hughesie !, a hattrick to you

Hughesie!, it's a hattrick to you

Good/ bad taste ???... I like it as a certain irony to it and by posting this I'm not looking to de-valuie what happen. We have had the discussion about Hughes playing for Latics many times ... so don't do it again please, he coming so lets get behind him.

Like it Mark, can't "BEAT" a bit of SKA (see what i did there?)

Must be a possibility with The Killers Ruby song and changed to :-

"Hughesey, hughesey, hughesey, hughesey.............please feel free to add more cos lyrics aint my thang

That was the Kaiser Chiefs!

That was the Kaiser Chiefs!

Sorry maddog,

Must go now cos my Living Room is FULL of ice from that iceberg moment (slopes off to hang his head in shame)

Anyway, you little know it all, you'll be telling me next that The Cheeky Girls didn't originally release "Hey Jude"

We've got Allott in midfield what are ya I gonna do?

We've got Allott in midfield what are ya I gonna do?

ya gonna get beat by Allott thats what ya gonna do

He goin to run right through ya

... there ya go, keep um coming

Like it Mark, can't "BEAT" a bit of SKA (see what i did there?)

Must be a possibility with The Killers Ruby song and changed to :-

"Hughesey, hughesey, hughesey, hughesey.............please feel free to add more cos lyrics aint my thang

If we're using a bit of Ska then I'm sure we can come up with something for Rude boys outta jail by The Specials or 54-46 was my number by Toots and the Maytals (written whilst Toots was inside for posession of marijuana)

With apologies to the late Johnny Cash:

Well if they'd free me from this prison,

if that railroad train was mine

I bet I'd move just a little further down the line

far from Featherstone Prison, that's where I want to stay

and I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

OH WHEN THE BLUES.............. :OWTB1:

Sorry maddog,

Must go now cos my Living Room is FULL of ice from that iceberg moment (slopes off to hang his head in shame)

Anyway, you little know it all, you'll be telling me next that The Cheeky Girls didn't originally release "Hey Jude"

Ah, another one who doesn't understand what an iceberg moment is. Exile.........over to you :grin:

We'll definately have to come up with one though, as i'm pretty sure that some of our "esteemed" opponents this season will have a little ditty already sorted for him! (He dazes off for a moment imagining 4000 dirty leeds in the rocky rd end, just after 'marching on together' starting lee hughes is a..................)....

IT'S A BUDDY NIGHTMARE RODNEY>>>A BUDDY NIGHTMARE!!!

With apologies to the late Johnny Cash:

Well if they'd free me from this prison,

if that railroad train was mine

I bet I'd move just a little further down the line

far from Featherstone Prison, that's where I want to stay

and I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....

OH WHEN THE BLUES.............. :OWTB1:

Dont know that song, but i like the said on a few lines before going onto a slow Ohhh Whennn The Bluesss... and buliding it up.

Here's Johhny Cash singing it on TOTP2. The above lyrics are from the final verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isrnd9EBpJ0

Slightly off topic, but can I just add that I've always thought that playing "Guns of Navarone" by the Specials after we score would be quality, in my opinion like.

Der der der der der der der

Good choice! Here's a clip of what it would sound like at BP when we score.

P.S. The guy is Neville Staples (not Stape).

funny one at the cricket the other week "The Weels on your house go round and round........"

ah bless those poor yorkshire............. :grin: "From the rivers of rotherham" was better :grin:

"The doors on your house had great big bars......great big bars.......great big bars

The doors on your house had great big bars......

For 3 long years

All you ate was lumpy porridge, lumpy porridge, lumpy porridge

all you ate was lumpy porridge,

For 3 long years

We bet that that you thought you'd never get out, never get out, never get out

we bet you thought that you'd never get out

for 3 long years"

I'd expect songs such as that to be heard next season. Though not from us.

Be good if we could make up up to the tune that United use to sing about Michael Shields.

d-d-d-d-d-d-d "Lee Hughes went and did 3 years............." d-d-d-d-d-d-d...........

** Emerges from summer hibernation**

Slightly off topic, but can I just add that I've always thought that playing "Guns of Navarone" by the Specials after we score would be quality, in my opinion like.

Der der der der der der der

** Ping -- Back on standby mode **

Unfotunately thats by The Skatalites ..... however I likes it, toss between that and Bonanza Ska by Carlos Malcolm

Unfotunately thats by The Skatalites ..... however I likes it, toss between that and Bonanza Ska by Carlos Malcolm

We do seriously need a unique song for us to sing when we score, its always impressive when you hear the likes of Blackpool with 'glad all over' and Forest with ' Lost that loving feeling'? is it....anyways anyone willing to put forward ideas to the club so they could set up a vote??

Hmmmmmmmmm I think you've already realised but the version I was plugging was by the Specials ! The clue was in the clip title on Youtube :wink: