Squad movements, winter 2019/20

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It's equivalent to Shucky telling us Shez is the greatest human ever born every post or BP telling us that there's a 6'9 non-league player who we can hoof balls up to that he's never seen but recommended to the club. We all know and don't need telling every post. All for some healthy discussion but fuck me, every post doesn't need to be the same

Look at it and laugh, I do, life's too short. 

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It's equivalent to Shucky telling us Shez is the greatest human ever born every post or BP telling us that there's a 6'9 non-league player who we can hoof balls up to that he's never seen but recommended to the club. We all know and don't need telling every post. All for some healthy discussion but fuck me, every post doesn't need to be the same

Like the one who scored today?

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Which one is that? 

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

To be fair to mcfluff we cant hoof balls to Rowe because he cant jump. And also I dont think he needed to be recommended. League teams have been well aware of him for years

22 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

To be fair to mcfluff we cant hoof balls to Rowe because he cant jump. And also I dont think he needed to be recommended. League teams have been well aware of him for years

Correct,

you don't feed a thoroughbred racehorse the type of donkey food were providing 🤣

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Rowe has already intimated he is not enjoying our style of play..

Magic that, come and join us in the JR stand to find out that we don't enjoy  our style of play too!!

Correction - in some other fit for purpose stand.:jester:near Barry.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:00 PM, Crusoe said:

Fair to say I've lost a bit of love for the club with this season's shambles, but here we go anyway.

Squad

1. Gary Woods (2021)

20. Zeus de la Paz (2020 plus option)

39. Gregor Zabret (full-season loan from Swansea)

2. Zak Mills (2020)

3. Alex Iacovitti (2021 plus option)

4. Sonhy Sefil (2020)

6. Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

15. Javid Swaby-Neavin (probably 2020 plus option, on loan to Radcliffe for the season)

29. Tomáš Egert (2020 plus option)

31. David Wheater (2020, option to 2021 reportedly triggered)

33. Carl Piergianni (half-season loan from Salford)

34. Tom Hamer (2022)

57. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (half-season loan from Manchester Utd)

7. Johan Branger-Engone (2020)

8. Filipe Morais (full-season loan from Crawley)

10. Mohamed Maouche (2020)

11. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2020)

14. Harry Robinson (2020 plus option)

17. Christopher Missilou (2020)

18. Dylan Fage (2021)

23. Christian N'Guessan (half-season loan from Burnley)

24. Mohamad Sylla (2020)

25. Chris McCann (2020 plus option)

26. Jonny Smith (full-season loan from Bristol City)

43. Reece Gaskell (youth)

16. Scott Wilson (2020)

19. Désiré Sègbè Azankpo (2020 plus option)

21. Marvin Kokos (2021 plus option)

27. Kielen Adams (2020 plus option, on loan to Chorley)

37. Lewis McKinney (youth, on loan to Runcorn)

53. Zac Emmerson (youth)

54. Mani Dieseruvwe (half-season loan from Salford plus option to sign)

55. Zak Dearnley (2020 plus option)

56. Danny Rowe (2021)

Note: youth players are only listed if they played first team minutes.

So taking out the players in italics (i.e. players who have probably already left the club, players out on loan or youth players who are unlikely to play a part in the rest of the season) we have a squad size of 25.  Actually a pretty decent size although maybe a little on the high side.

It's easy to say this after 2 comfortable wins but it seems to have been a decent transfer window.  The 3 crucial signings seem to have been Piergianni, Rowe and the contract extension of McCann.  Smith is clearly a great player to keep for the season, Dearnley has been a pleasant surprise and CBJ looks like being a clear upgrade, but the first three have given us leadership, strength and quality on the ball in the middle of the park which we were obviously lacking. 

Piergianni seems to have lightened to workload for Wheater which should hopefully benefit both of them and their full backs (Hamer especially), Rowe is simply the striker we've been crying out for all season.  McCann's presence hasn't quite been felt yet due to the upturn in form of Sylla and Missilou, but he's definitely a player who makes our squad better for being there.  Hopefully he'll be a good influence on N'Guessan who looks to be (at best) a work in progress.

Credit has to go to all involved (whether that's head coach, sporting director, boardroom, whoever) for making it happen.  It's one thing identifying what we need but another bringing in players who fit into place with the rest of the squad.  It doesn't look clear as to who's been dictating the recruitment (Piergianni looks like a Dino signing, whereas Rowe seems to have been chased by the board for a while) but it does at least look quite coherent and joined-up.  Obviously after the shambles of a summer window and Dino being the only change, it looks quite favourably on him, but I think they've all played a part in January.

Off the pitch it looks like there are a lot of storm clouds gathering, but at least it looks like we're finally going to be a bit more competitive on the pitch in the final 15 games of the season.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Off the pitch it looks like there are a lot of storm clouds gathering, but at least it looks like we're finally going to be a bit more competitive on the pitch in the final 15 games of the season.

The trick is keeping that (hoped) momentum for the first 15 of next season - that's where we usually fuck up.

Out of that list there’s plenty out of contract at end of season   If we can sign piagianni  that would be good. No chance of getting Smith he’s destined for higher up  the pyramid next year  I would of thought   Who would you offer new deals to 

Archived