Squad movements, winter 2019/20

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

“For me personally the club is in a good way,” he said.

“The staff are good, the players are good and obviously some of the fans aren’t happy with the owners.

“I don’t really understand why, even though I’ve not really looked into it or anything.

“For me, the owners have been fantastic while I’ve been here so for me it’s been good.”

Fucking deluded.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After today I'm all for Dino letting go of pretty much whoever he wants if it gives him the opportunity to strengthen the squad.  Although I don't we should commit to any player he brings in beyond this summer as I'm not convinced yet that Dino is the right manager to take us forward next season.

If Wheater goes we'll need a similar type of defender, but if it frees up some money to spend on other areas of the team then it's worth considering.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

My theory on Wheater is that he got shit on by Bolton and everything that happened there and got sold a big promotion push by AL. The reality was then very different and the working conditions are nothing like what he’s used to. So he’s been counting down the days til the January window opening since soon after he joined. Probably trying to avoid getting injured too. 

I’m not sure that I agree with the last part of your post. He was clearly carrying a hip injury in both the last 2 home games. He could easily have not played at Cheltenham in order to be reasonably fit for the transfer window and any potential move but at least he’s played.

Having said all that, I still think he’s been a slight disappointment since he came.

Like a lot of fans I was gutted when Clarke was allowed to go but I thought Wheater was going to be a great signing.

I’d say he’s been ok at best, but not a patch on Clarkey.

If he goes, he goes. I can’t see many fans being too bothered to be honest.

What is certain though is that if he is allowed to go then he must be replaced immediately. We are short of centre backs.

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

A CB with 1 goal in 7 over the last 10 seasons....FFS can he play CF😂

What has it come to when Salfords cast offs are on the radar...don’t know whether to laugh or cry😳

He's a non league clogger, although probably an improvement on some we've signed.

Nobody wants to play for us do they?

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

After today I'm all for Dino letting go of pretty much whoever he wants if it gives him the opportunity to strengthen the squad.  Although I don't we should commit to any player he brings in beyond this summer as I'm not convinced yet that Dino is the right manager to take us forward next season.

I am convinced that he is not the right manager to take us forward next season.

7 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

I’m not sure that I agree with the last part of your post. He was clearly carrying a hip injury in both the last 2 home games. He could easily have not played at Cheltenham in order to be reasonably fit for the transfer window and any potential move but at least he’s played.

Having said all that, I still think he’s been a slight disappointment since he came.

Like a lot of fans I was gutted when Clarke was allowed to go but I thought Wheater was going to be a great signing.

I’d say he’s been ok at best, but not a patch on Clarkey.

If he goes, he goes. I can’t see many fans being too bothered to be honest.

What is certain though is that if he is allowed to go then he must be replaced immediately. We are short of centre backs.

It’s just a theory. The last part of my post could very well be wrong and playing with an injury would certainly go some way to explaining his performances not being as expected. 

I thought letting Clarke go was a mistake but then Wheater came in which should have been an upgrade. It’s not worked out. But I’m much more inclined to blame the working environment he’s walked in to rather than Wheater himself.

Went to Hyde United yesterday, two players who I mentioned on here months ago playing for FCUM were outstanding Luke Griffiths a centre mid who ran the game and Tunde Owalabi who bagged his 27th and 28th goals for the club in 28 starts, Rochdale are now looking at Tunde, he is FC's top earner on £600 a week and is better than any striker we have, plays upfront alone and has power, pace and relentless desire to do better, Griffiths on the other hand is technically brilliant, can play the ball long or short, looks after the ball and can also put his foot in, given our league position and resources these young hungry non league players would be the lads I would be targeting, I presume they live in the area, are earning less than a grand a week between them and probably would jump at the chance of league football.

Hyde on the other hand were shite and got hammered 5 - 1.

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Went to Hyde United yesterday, two players who I mentioned on here months ago playing for FCUM were outstanding Luke Griffiths a centre mid who ran the game and Tunde Owalabi who bagged his 27th and 28th goals for the club in 28 starts, Rochdale are now looking at Tunde, he is FC's top earner on £600 a week and is better than any striker we have, plays upfront alone and has power, pace and relentless desire to do better, Griffiths on the other hand is technically brilliant, can play the ball long or short, looks after the ball and can also put his foot in, given our league position and resources these young hungry non league players would be the lads I would be targeting, I presume they live in the area, are earning less than a grand a week between them and probably would jump at the chance of league football.

Got no chance on the striker then If the mighty Dale (FFS) are sniffing. It’s genuinely making me sad what we have become. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Owolabi was one I recommended to Latics 3 months ago along with several other centre forwards.

No moves for any I'm afraid.

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Owolabi was one I recommended to Latics 3 months ago along with several other centre forwards.

No moves for any I'm afraid.

Go watch him now, even since I suggested him a few month ago he's improved, Griffiths though is a proper player, outstanding yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

111 Appearances 15 goals and only 27, 7 clubs with 2 on loan?.. he is inder contract for another 2 years i believe,

My Salford mate says he’s good. Especially in the air. Dangerous on corners. But then I told myself he’s being kept out of the team by Cameron Fucking Burgess !! Morning BP1960 🙄😇

Archived