Squad movements, winter 2019/20

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The defence issue is a collective problem. Nobody is taking ownership they’re all ball watching. When the ball hits the net they’re all looking around wondering who to blame. Defensively the Salford and Scunthorpe games were piss poor but the Cheltenham debacle has taken it to a new level. It’s basic defending and all are culpable,. Something is amiss and IMO it’s either poor preparation/ coaching or they’ve stopped playing for Dino.

Getting defenders in who can actually defend would be a start. Iacovitti almost refuses to tackle! Wide players who play against us must love it against him!

Surely the main purpose of a full back is to defend and to stop the wingers getting a cross in. He is absolutely woeful at that!!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I remember those days when we’d sign a Matt Derbyshire type and people will still whinge. #halycondayz

I think we'd settle for Matt Lucas at centre forward nowadays.

11 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

So now we have 6 players on loan, but you can name only 5 in a match day squad.

Does this mean we have (or are trying to) send someone back (Zabret, Smith-Brown) or are we stuck paying a portion of their wages?

Rumour is that Smith-Brown has been a naughty boy so watch this space. Can't imagine the keeper is costing much if anything otherwise he'd surely be playing.

13 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

So now we have 6 players on loan, but you can name only 5 in a match day squad.

Does this mean we have (or are trying to) send someone back (Zabret, Smith-Brown) or are we stuck paying a portion of their wages?

I'm going to predict Smith-Brown....
Saying that you can have more in the actual squad, I think we're in for a wholsesale changeround in the summer.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm going to predict Smith-Brown....
Saying that you can have more in the actual squad, I think we're in for a wholsesale changeround in the summer.

Hope we have a wholesale change over at the top before then Singe - owners & board at least

FFS....it was bad enough getting hammered by Salford and now we’re borrowing their fringe players.....thanks a fucking lot ABDALLAH!!

The good bit is he’s got to be better than we’ve got........hasn’t he?

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

FFS....it was bad enough getting hammered by Salford and now we’re borrowing their fringe players.....thanks a fucking lot ABDALLAH!!

The good bit is he’s got to be better than we’ve got........hasn’t he?

Swindon seem pretty happy with their Bradford fringe player...

37 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Hope we have a wholesale change over at the top before then Singe - owners & board at least

Absolutely, hoping for a teams worth of new signing and also released players in the next 25 days.

Archived