Body bag 2020 discussion thread

disjointed

• 2 weeks later...

This discussion is probably more out of taste than ever due to Covid-19 throwing an extra hazard at our contenders. However my skipper Jill Gascoine has left her platform. Tough cookie was Jill, had her for the last three years. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/jill-gascoine-death-gentle-touch-tv-show-police-drama-age-cause-a9490126.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Hit me up for Everton Weekes.

Anyone have Jack Charlton?

Cheers for the heads up, I've not been following the news for months because obv so I've probably missed a few. 15 points for @cheshireblue. RIP Jack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I had Nobby Stiles as a pick for the last three seasons running, before omitting him for this season. Even I couldn't kill him off.

Well done Nobby! A right old 4-5 year tussle with Alzheimer's, battling hard until the end. Chalk up points for @cheshireblue @Stevie_J @stevesidg and @SAV. Some of you had him as skipper.

58 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I think I had Nobby Stiles as a pick for the last three seasons running, before omitting him for this season. Even I couldn't kill him off.

Well done Nobby! A right old 4-5 year tussle with Alzheimer's, battling hard until the end. Chalk up points for @cheshireblue @Stevie_J @stevesidg and @SAV. Some of you had him as skipper.

Sad to hear of his passing, got talking to him in the mid 90's in a Swansea Hotel, he was there as a after dinner speaker, absolute gentleman. RIP Nobby. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tommy Doherty passes away aged 92. He was an admirer of Royles football philosophy. One of the old school managers who used to send the team coach on long scouting trips, whilst helping the coaches wife with the washing up while he was away. 

Archived