Macclesfield

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that scenario, refs seem to always give penalties if it hits the player around the midriff.  I think they always assume handball due to the desperation of clearing the ball off the line.  Happens on half-way and it's not a free-kick.

Not a penalty..not that it really matters, in the grand scheme of things..

49 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Don't understand who can give that as a pen. Ref isn't giving it, liner wrong side, 4th official a mile away

Woods fluffs it, ball cleared ref puts his hand to his ear....penalty.....so who is chatting to him 

38 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Robbed again poor ref 

Robbed by the decision however overall performance wasn’t good. 

Thought Jones and Azankpo were nonexistent. Sylla, Smith and the new CB played well. Nepo not looking himself but definitely not the worst on the pitch despite what Roy says. 

Woods looked a lot more solid than Zeus not seen Maccs goal back but looked like Woods failed to collect the cross and dropped it causing the issue. 

Wilson came on and ran the channels a lot better than Azankpo. I’m Shocked Wilson didn’t start today considering Azankpo has been in Egypt all week. Must be demoralising for him. 

Maouche changes the game a lot more off the bench than starting. Brought abit of quality on the ball. 

The new striker looked weak up top but will reserve judgement and the Burnley loanee looked way out of his depth may take him a while to settle. 

19 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Wilson came on and ran the channels a lot better than Azankpo. I’m Shocked Wilson didn’t start today considering Azankpo has been in Egypt all week. Must be demoralising for him. 

This and any other week.

The logic of allowing such a terrible footballer to start every week just defies belief.  Either there's still meddling from the boardroom or Dino is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

This and any other week.

The logistics of allowing such a terrible footballer to start every week just defies belief.  Either there's still meddling from the boardroom or Dino is an idiot.

It’s fairly easy, they just stick him on the team bus with the others 

The most frustrating and unbelievable thing isn't that he gave a penalty, it's that the ball was cleared. Went for throw in. Both the linesman and ref indicated for a throw in. Then 30 seconds after the incident their players run at him like they're going to pile on him, so much so that wilson ran to drag them away, ONLY THEN he suddenly puts his finger to his ear for another 30 seconds then gives a penalty. Fuckin shambolic and should be demoted at least. But as usual nothin will happen with any ref coz for some reason they're always right in the FAs eyes. Only just deserved to scrape a win today, and it's been snatched away by a spineless ref who went all mike dean/Louis Spence when pointing to the spot. On a side note, wheater didnt even try and fight his cause, couldn't wait to get off the pitch and didnt even look at the fans. Half the time couldn't b arsed goin forward for long throws. Get rid of him

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

We're drawing our way to safety and what's below us, don't have enough in em to catch us.

Yes, great times indeed.

It doesn't seem very long ago that everyone was so optimistic that the devil (aka Corney) had been banished back to hell and the saviour had arrived from the east.

Since when, we've been relegated, had a poor first season in the basement division and are now constantly floundering around at the bottom end of the football league.

Marvellous.... simply marvellous.

26 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yes, great times indeed.

It doesn't seem very long ago that everyone was so optimistic that the devil (aka Corney) had been banished back to hell and the saviour had arrived from the east.

Since when, we've been relegated, had a poor first season in the basement division and are now constantly floundering around at the bottom end of the football league.

Marvellous.... simply marvellous.

Hook, line and stinker 😂

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Anyone good enough for us?

Not really.

Clitheroe number 8,think called Cummings  looked class in first half.Good comeback second half and showed guts to win.Saw another die hard  latics fan today.

16 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Not really.

Clitheroe number 8,think called Cummings  looked class in first half.Good comeback second half and showed guts to win.Saw another die hard  latics fan today.

Only 21yo and a good build, could be one to watch.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

This and any other week.

The logic of allowing such a terrible footballer to start every week just defies belief.  Either there's still meddling from the boardroom or Dino is an idiot.

In theory several managers have persisted with playing one up front and Nepo as a full back. 

Add into this Segbe over Wilson consistently and I thought same as you - stinks of Sporting Director. 

29 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Yeah get rid. He's keeping quality centre halves like Egert out of the team...

Wheater isn't the player we thought he was going to be and once our safety is within sight, I wouldn't lose any sleep if he slung his hook

17 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Wheater isn't the player we thought he was going to be and once our safety is within sight, I wouldn't lose any sleep if he slung his hook

Absolutely how I feel.  He's still better than the other centre back options for now (doesn't say much) and I think him and Piergianni will be a good enough partnership to keep us away from the relegation spot, but when safety is all but assured I'd have no problem if he didn't play for us again.  Same with most of our permanent players to be honest.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Absolutely how I feel.  He's still better than the other centre back options for now (doesn't say much) and I think him and Piergianni will be a good enough partnership to keep us away from the relegation spot, but when safety is all but assured I'd have no problem if he didn't play for us again.  Same with most of our permanent players to be honest.

Fair play, win the next two games and that should really be a given, even with this lot

I don't see any chance of us going down

Archived