The long road ahead...

This bigging up of non league players is becoming a bit weird. It sounds like the standard is better than champions league ? There will be the odd player in the league that might be good enough. Not 3 or 4 at every single bleeding team. They are, the majority anyway, mainly not going to be good enough for the football league. They look better playing against dogshit defenders etc. Put them up against league players and I’m fairly sure they would be found out (the vast majority). 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

They are, the majority anyway, mainly not going to be good enough for the football league. They look better playing against dogshit defenders etc. Put them up against league players and I’m fairly sure they would be found out (the vast majority). 

Sounds like our current squad tbh

6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Sounds like our current squad tbh

Yeah. Maybe. We’d have to see them playing at that level,and if it wasn’t for Stevenage and Morecambe we probably would. But that’s the thing. People on here seem to want to replace untried, untested players with more untried, untested players. It’s fucking weird. 

32 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

This bigging up of non league players is becoming a bit weird. It sounds like the standard is better than champions league ? There will be the odd player in the league that might be good enough. Not 3 or 4 at every single bleeding team. They are, the majority anyway, mainly not going to be good enough for the football league. They look better playing against dogshit defenders etc. Put them up against league players and I’m fairly sure they would be found out (the vast majority). 

I think that you are losing sight of the fact that ALL our players are utter shite. We have played 3 none league teams this season 2 of them beat us, and the other ( Gateshead ) were extremely unfortunate not to.

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah. Maybe. We’d have to see them playing at that level,and if it wasn’t for Stevenage and Morecambe we probably would. But that’s the thing. People on here seem to want to replace untried, untested players with more untried, untested players. It’s fucking weird. 

Gateshead wasn't great...

I hope that we don't find out next season just how good ,or bad our players are against none league players. If indeed we do, our players will have found their true level. Unless of course we survive and Harrogate get promoted.  Then they can run rings round us just like Salford did.

I don't think our main starting 11 are completely hopeless. They for the most part are victims of circumstance. Confidence is a great equaliser. We massively lack confidence at the minute. This league is so poor and there are teams above us with worse or similar squads to us that have just got used to winning and have built on that. 

I also think that our persistence with the same tactics of constantly playing 1 up front isn't doing us any favours. If you don't score goals, you don't win games. If you dont win games your confidence is shot. 

19 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

I don't think our main starting 11 are completely hopeless. They for the most part are victims of circumstance. Confidence is a great equaliser. We massively lack confidence at the minute. This league is so poor and there are teams above us with worse or similar squads to us that have just got used to winning and have built on that. 

I also think that our persistence with the same tactics of constantly playing 1 up front isn't doing us any favours. If you don't score goals, you don't win games. If you dont win games your confidence is shot. 

Didn't we play two up front on Saturday,  Desire and Deserve? We should buy Hallam Hope to go with those two.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Didn't we play two up front on Saturday,  Desire and Deserve? We should buy Hallam Hope to go with those two.

Hope I'll be here come Saturday and he'll be out to make our defence look Hopeless 

23 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

Agree. But is Dino is so thick that he can't understand, that if you keep doing the same things you will keep getting the same result ?

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

I think that you are losing sight of the fact that ALL our players are utter shite. We have played 3 none league teams this season 2 of them beat us, and the other ( Gateshead ) were extremely unfortunate not to.

Go on, I'll bite. Who are the two non league sides to beat us? Are you going to say Forest Green and Salford? Is it a funny joke?

There's some weird and nonsensical shit being posted on here. Which is odd because there's plenty grounded in reality to be angry and upset about.

3 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Go on, I'll bite. Who are the two non league sides to beat us? Are you going to say Forest Green and Salford? Is it a funny joke?

There's some weird and nonsensical shit being posted on here. Which is odd because there's plenty grounded in reality to be angry and upset about.

Preseason - Halifax and Stockport plus Barrow in the Lancashire Senior Cup!

10 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Barrow, and Halifax.

9 hours ago, No Pyro No Party said:

The worst I ever (thought) I saw us play was back in the 2012-2013 season. Remember we didn't win for months over Christmas. Genuinely think even that squad would comfortably win against the current lot.

It's so depressing, especially for us younger fans who have no glory days to reminisce about. According to this, we're the lowest we've ever been since 1970:

1920px-OldhamAthleticFC_League_Performance.svg.png

The outbreak of World War One appears to have caused our demise so I can only assume that Gavrilo Princip was a jealous City or Utd fan

17 hours ago, League one forever said:

#1wininlast10

#hewasthemanagerthattookusdown.

#letsnotrewritehistory

#hecanbeshitforusandgoodelsewhere

#didnthavefullcontroloftheteam

#theseownerstookusdown

#noonecanworkundertheseclowns

Archived