Carlisle

Another chance to squander a six pointer.

Who Hoo we could have a new player with ears, possibly a real live striker, on the pitch or will Dino hold him back because he doesn't understand the system.  I don't understand the system and I've watched them many times.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, latics22 said:

This is a grave yard of strikers, if no supply, you could be Shearer in his peak! It isn't enough! Kudos to AL, least it shows hes and investing! But we need alot more!

This "grave yard of strikers" malaise has been going on for many seasons now.

You wouldn't want to start Rowe on his own upfront, he will need somebody to work the defence and create space, I hope people are not going to expect him to work the channels and turn a defence because that just isnt his game, he will score goals no doubt but the team has to be set up around him.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

You wouldn't want to start Rowe on his own upfront, he will need somebody to work the defence and create space, I hope people are not going to expect him to work the channels and turn a defence because that just isnt his game, he will score goals no doubt but the team has to be set up around him.

Given the quote about Dino wanting to improve his pressing game I wouldn't rule that out.

FFS Dino, work out how to give the guy the service he needs to score.  Not have him change his game because you think you're some sort of lower league Klopp.  We have plenty of other players willing to chase about.

8 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd go:

Woods (Zeus if injured)

Hamer

Wheater

Piergianni

Mills

Sylla

McCann (Jones if injured)

Smith

Maouche

Nepomuceno

Rowe

As has been said by others, Maouche playing close to and linking up with Rowe should work really well.  Hopefully at least!

Woods is out for  a while. McCann will be a week or two

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Given the quote about Dino wanting to improve his pressing game I wouldn't rule that out.

FFS Dino, work out how to give the guy the service he needs to score.  Not have him change his game because you think you're some sort of lower league Klopp.  We have plenty of other players willing to chase about.

that worried me when i read he wants Rowe to learn how to press, he wasnt effective at Flyde through pressing , i thought he was effective because of his goalscoring ability.. I will be mad if Rowe spends most of the game closing down his man.. 

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

that worried me when i read he wants Rowe to learn how to press, he wasnt effective at Flyde through pressing , i thought he was effective because of his goalscoring ability.. I will be mad if Rowe spends most of the game closing down his man.. 

Given the talk that the Chairman/Club has been chasing Rowe for some time...probably pre-Maamria...and see him as the answer to the goal scoring problems, if the manager fails to get him scoring, he will be out the door. Well, that's just my opinion but I hope it doesn't come to that.

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Given the talk that the Chairman/Club has been chasing Rowe for some time...probably pre-Maamria...and see him as the answer to the goal scoring problems, if the manager fails to get him scoring, he will be out the door. Well, that's just my opinion but I hope it doesn't come to that.

i must say that i was puzzled to hear that an out and out goal scorer is being taught to press defenders on the eve of an important game... Bloody Roger Palmer probably couldn't spell press..  but so bloody effective in the box..I just hope we dont drain Rowe of his goalscoring prowess because hes being  told to run around pressing bloody defenders all game 

Archived