Piergianni

Mills

Sylla

McCann (Jones if injured)

Smith

Maouche

Nepomuceno

Rowe

As has been said by others, Maouche playing close to and linking up with Rowe should work really well.  Hopefully at least!

I'd much rather have missiliou than jones. For me jones hasn't offered anything goin forward or backwards. Missiliou needs to get his match sharpness up again but hes still a box to box player who would make some difference 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

i must say that i was puzzled to hear that an out and out goal scorer is being taught to press defenders on the eve of an important game... Bloody Roger Palmer probably couldn't spell press..  but so bloody effective in the box..I just hope we dont drain Rowe of his goalscoring prowess because hes being  told to run around pressing bloody defenders all game 

I know it’s a slightly different level, but it hasn’t done Aguero any harm.  Not that I’m saying I want it to happen mind. 

Based on his goals video, just get him the ball around the 18-yard box, please. 

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

that worried me when i read he wants Rowe to learn how to press, he wasnt effective at Flyde through pressing , i thought he was effective because of his goalscoring ability.. I will be mad if Rowe spends most of the game closing down his man.. 

Not going to bang on about shez, but he would get the best out of Rowe!

2 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

I know it’s a slightly different level, but it hasn’t done Aguero any harm.  Not that I’m saying I want it to happen mind. 

Based on his goals video, just get him the ball around the 18-yard box, please. 

i agree, I think the difference with Rowe and Aguero is age and the fact that for the last 4 seasons he has been constantly  finding the back of the net  Having him constantly running away from the goal is completely counterproductive.. 

26 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same as with Main and Erwin. Have him in and around the box doing nowt else. 

thars where you want Rowe .. We are getting a ready made finisher, id tell him i want you in forward areas facing the goal looking for opportunities and doing what you have been successful at..

4 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

i must say that i was puzzled to hear that an out and out goal scorer is being taught to press defenders on the eve of an important game... Bloody Roger Palmer probably couldn't spell press..  but so bloody effective in the box..I just hope we dont drain Rowe of his goalscoring prowess because hes being  told to run around pressing bloody defenders all game 

Me too. We’ve got an absolute out and out goalscorer and we are going to tell him to improve his ‘pressing’!! If that happens it will be mega disappointing. We should be playing to his strengths!! Set him up with space and chances and he will take them. 

16 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Me too. We’ve got an absolute out and out goalscorer and we are going to tell him to improve his ‘pressing’!! If that happens it will be mega disappointing. We should be playing to his strengths!! Set him up with space and chances and he will take them. 

I believe that Danny Rowe will see through Dino rather quickly if hes not being used to his absolute strenghts.. 

Good morning latics fans  and which ever game your going to today   Enjoy it .We all want the best for our team  boycotters  happy clappers  the fan who’s just going to the pub instead the ones who are getting dragged shopping with the Mrs or girlfriend the ones who find the longer trip to boundary park not worth it  anymore .We all check the scores when we not there    me I will be boycotting the boycott today and taking my usual seat  hopefully to witness a win  to moan at the ref  and linesman when they give a wrong decision against my blue boys   I was going to boycott today  but I want to be there  now I’ve woke up  and realised  I gotta be there It might just be known in future as Danny Rowe day and I’d hate to miss it  come on you blues 

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same as with Main and Erwin. Have him in and around the box doing nowt else. 

Perhaps with Erwin yes, but I seem to remember Main was all over the place winning the ball back on the edge of his  own area, backtracking a lot of the time. I agree that Rowe should be left to get on with what he is good at. 

1 hour ago, Handsy said:

Good morning latics fans  and which ever game your going to today   Enjoy it .We all want the best for our team  boycotters  happy clappers  the fan who’s just going to the pub instead the ones who are getting dragged shopping with the Mrs or girlfriend the ones who find the longer trip to boundary park not worth it  anymore .We all check the scores when we not there    me I will be boycotting the boycott today and taking my usual seat  hopefully to witness a win  to moan at the ref  and linesman when they give a wrong decision against my blue boys   I was going to boycott today  but I want to be there  now I’ve woke up  and realised  I gotta be there It might just be known in future as Danny Rowe day and I’d hate to miss it  come on you blues 

Boycotters

Happy Clappers

The fan just going to the pub instead

The ones who are getting dragged shopping with the Mrs or girlfriend 

The ones who find the longer trip to Boundary’ Park not worth it any more

The fans boycotting the boycott

I’m in the final category above - Supporting the team not the regime. 

3 hours ago, Handsy said:

Great post. Let's hope you're right, would be wonderful to get a good win (well, any win) and see Danny Rowe score.

However many turn up today, all credit also to the PTB boys for putting pressure on the regime and standing up on behalf of all Latics fans. Keep that pressure on!

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

However many turn up today, all credit also to the PTB boys for putting pressure on the regime and standing up on behalf of all Latics fans. Keep that pressure on!

Shame that most appear to be happy to leave it to someone else to force the change needed. Piss poor imo.

6 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

Mad how desperate everyone is just for a taste of success. Signing an out of form non league striker is enough for most folk to see them come back. Lol.

Cheery as ever.  Form is temporary.  He’ll do well. 

9 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Why is it mad? 

I like the signing of Rowe but for me there’s still a long way to go for the ownership to get me back on side. I guess i’m slightly disappointed many have downed tools over one signing, and they may even hop back on the bandwagon if Rowe doesn’t perform today. 

39 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

I like the signing of Rowe but for me there’s still a long way to go for the ownership to get me back on side. I guess i’m slightly disappointed many have downed tools over one signing, and they may even hop back on the bandwagon if Rowe doesn’t perform today. 

I never thought I would agree with KIG, but adversity brings strange bedfellows. It's causing me deeply conflicted emotions, Saturday is the day I anticipate all week because I look forward to the game and boycotting is very difficult.

However, easing the pressure on the regime at this point doesn't feel like the right thing to do and although it is hard to abandon my main pleasure?? in life (temporarily) it just has to be done.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Shame that most appear to be happy to leave it to someone else to force the change needed. Piss poor imo.

It's people like you who make people go to games. Your piss poor imo. I'm far from an AL supporter, but the things I read on here have made me wanna go more because your so extreme with your views. If someone doesn't boycott then you start name calling and pointing fingers. That's what put a lot of people off the coal line because they were forced to strike or be called scabs. That's basically what your doing. Which makes people think your just as bad as AL. If people wanna watch the game, let them watch it. If people wanna boycott let them boycott. No need to comment in a negative way for what people choose to do

2 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

It's people like you who make people go to games. Your piss poor imo. I'm far from an AL supporter, but the things I read on here have made me wanna go more because your so extreme with your views. If someone doesn't boycott then you start name calling and pointing fingers. That's what put a lot of people off the coal line because they were forced to strike or be called scabs. That's basically what your doing. Which makes people think your just as bad as AL. If people wanna watch the game, let them watch it. If people wanna boycott let them boycott. No need to comment in a negative way for what people choose to do

Spot on. 

Archived