Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Right time for a bit of honesty. 

I've made my feelings very clear about AL, Barry and the other clowns running our club, and I'm still of the opinion that the sooner they fuck off the better. 

 

However credit where credits due, this guy is a prolific scorer, OK at National league level, but I don't think we are much above this at the moment. 

Who else with a record like his 1. could we have got and 2. who actually agrees to come to the circus that is OAFC.

I'm sure we are paying a decent fee and he's on good money so fair play to the clowns for getting this over the line. 

Let's see what he can do over the next 18 months. 

 

Looking forward to seeing him in action. 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The team are scoring more goals with him in it. He's successful to date in my eyes. 

I don't know about you but the reason I fell in love with the club was because we were constantly punching above our weight. Sure, I'd see us on the wrong end of proper towellings regularly, but 4-5 t

What we have here is a striker who scores goals but there are also worrying signs that Dino might suck the life out of him.  I refer in particular to the comment by Rowe that Dino wants to improve me

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

This still mean Azankpo's going to start every game, right?

Two up front?

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

...who actually agrees to come to the circus that is OAFC...

This is confusing for me, the situation, not your comment.
Is it possible to pull the wool over the eyes of a potential [hopefully decent] signing or has the business been overseen by someone competent and not related to the owner?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t want to sound negative as this feels

like one of the best pieces of news for a while...but why did we sign Dieserwurve and where does it leave Segbe and Wilson? Genuinely worried about the bloated squad we have

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dannyboy55555 said:

Don’t want to sound negative as this feels

like one of the best pieces of news for a while...but why did we sign Dieserwurve and where does it leave Segbe and Wilson? Genuinely worried about the bloated squad we have

 

Dino's plan is Mani and Rowe up top together 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Somebody on here said 350k so that must be true 😩

£175,000 turned down two years ago but available for alot less

Fleetwood is handily placed to know more and he'll be about right with those amounts

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Don’t want to sound negative as this feels

like one of the best pieces of news for a while...but why did we sign Dieserwurve and where does it leave Segbe and Wilson? Genuinely worried about the bloated squad we have

 

29 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Two up front?

This is confusing for me, the situation, not your comment.
Is it possible to pull the wool over the eyes of a potential [hopefully decent] signing or has the business been overseen by someone competent and not related to the owner?

Think there is a link with David Eyres in there somewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Two up front?

This is confusing for me, the situation, not your comment.
Is it possible to pull the wool over the eyes of a potential [hopefully decent] signing or has the business been overseen by someone competent and not related to the owner?

I'm as critical as any, and one signing does not make a summer with our squad he could struggle, but I've seen a message on twitter briefly from an agent that says the owner has been trying for 6 months. So it's not a Dino signing, but he'd have been in the loop when he took the job. But that sort of tenacity you'd hope for, just hope it's not a Menig style blowing the budget!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, singe said:

I'm as critical as any, and one signing does not make a summer with our squad he could struggle, but I've seen a message on twitter briefly from an agent that says the owner has been trying for 6 months. So it's not a Dino signing, but he'd have been in the loop when he took the job. But that sort of tenacity you'd hope for, just hope it's not a Menig style blowing the budget!! 

He could well struggle, which would be a disaster for the lad.
I think he is a million miles from being another Menig, goal scoring wise...budget-wise, no idea unless someone spills the beans, so to speak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wardie said:

He could well struggle, which would be a disaster for the lad.
I think he is a million miles from being another Menig, goal scoring wise...budget-wise, no idea unless someone spills the beans, so to speak.

He's certainly a class or 10 above most of the signings. We could certainly build a whole new team around him. His first 75 games in 5 seasons with 6 clubs say 25 goals. It was his move to Fylde that saw his start scoring. Half his career goals came in 3 seasons in 2 Leagues below us . Of course his National League record with Fylde is 57 in  123, and decent.
I hope it's just the fresh challenge he needs, and proud of his first ever League contract, but I don't think it wise to just  ignore Dr Worm & who may have seen him in  100 games or so.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Season Team Comp Minutes played Appearances Lineups Substitute in Substitute out Substitutes on bench Goal Yellow card Yellow 2nd/RC Red card
Total 27987 351 314 37 71 64 181 15 0 0
2019/2020 Fylde NAL 2459 28 28 0 5 0 6 2 0 0
2018/2019 Fylde NAL 4286 48 48 0 6 1 27 2 0 0
2017/2018 Fylde NAL 4085 47 47 0 13 0 24 5 0 0
2016/2017 Fylde NLN 3745 42 42 0 5 0 48 0 0 0
2015/2016 Fylde NLN 3446 44 38 6 6 7 24 0 0 0
2014/2015 Fylde NLN 3119 41 35 6 11 9 26 0 0 0
2013/2014 Lincoln City NAL 1373 23 15 8 7 20 3 4 0 0
2012/2013 Barrow NAL 1706 21 19 2 7 2 4 1 0 0
2012/2013 Stockport County NAL 515 13 5 8 2 12 1 0 0 0
2011/2012 Fleetwood Town NAL 44 2 0 2 0 2 0 1 0 0
2011/2012 Stockport County NAL 1213 15 14 1 4 1 7 0 0 0
2011/2012 Droylsden NLN 1831 22 21 1 4 1 11 0 0 0
2010/2011 Fleetwood Town NAL 165 5 2 3 1 9 0 0 0 0

 

 

 

Cup

CAREER

Season Team Comp Minutes played Appearances Lineups Substitute in Substitute out Substitutes on bench Goal Yellow card Yellow 2nd/RC Red card
Total 2889 40 31 9 6 11 29 0 0 0
2019/2020 Fylde FAT 90 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0
2019/2020 Fylde FAC 310 4 4 0 2 0 3 0 0 0
2018/2019 Fylde FAC 90 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
2018/2019 Fylde FAT 604 8 8 0 3 0 5 0 0 0
2017/2018 Fylde FAT 44 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0
2017/2018 Fylde FAC 360 4 4 0 0 0 5 0 0 0
2016/2017 Fylde FAT 44 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0
2015/2016 Fylde FAT 360 4 4 0 0 0 7 0 0 0
2015/2016 Fylde FAC 180 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2014/2015 Fylde FAT 270 3 3 0 0 0 4 0 0 0
2014/2015 Fylde FAC 65 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
2013/2014 Lincoln City FAT 44 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 0
2012/2013 Barrow FAT 23 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
2012/2013 Stockport County FAC 105 2 0 2 0 2 1 0 0 0
2012/2013 Stockport County FAT 30 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0
2011/2012 Droylsden FAC 180 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2011/2012 Droylsden FAT 90 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Edited by singe
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, singe said:

He's certainly a class or 10 above most of the signings. We could certainly build a whole new team around him. His first 75 games in 5 seasons with 6 clubs say 25 goals. It was his move to Fylde that saw his start scoring. Half his career goals came in 3 seasons in 2 Leagues below us . Of course his National League record with Fylde is 57 in  123, and decent.
I hope it's just the fresh challenge he needs, and proud of his first ever League contract, but I don't think it wise to just  ignore Dr Worm & who may have seen him in  100 games or so.

Worm probably saw half of what you say as he jumped from us to Chorley to Fleetwood to fylde. Worm ? More like snake. Makes me sick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't think it wise to just ignore Dr Worm & who may have seen him in 100 games or so.

The doc obviously loves the club but most probably hates the journey, there and back,

I do it myself on a regular basis and truth be known, hate every minute.

how many on here that just have to walk down the road to B.P, would be prepared to make that 140 mile round trip on 3 motorways every other week or Saturday/Tuesday?

 

If I lived in Oldham, I'd be volunteering down at the ground, 

Not everyone is as lucky as yourselves, you have it way too easy to criticise others!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact we have paid a fee, on the crowds we are getting staggers me. You can’t knock what AL is prepared to put into the squad. The problem is the relatively vast of money he spends on players who are nowhere near good enough. If only AL would have a decent squad of 20/22 and the kids, instead of 35 players - 25 of which are garbage. 
 

Hope Rowe is a silver lining, in what are desperate times. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The fact we have paid a fee, on the crowds we are getting staggers me. You can’t knock what AL is prepared to put into the squad. The problem is the relatively vast of money he spends on players who are nowhere near good enough. If only AL would have a decent squad of 20/22 and the kids, instead of 35 players - 25 of which are garbage. 
 

Hope Rowe is a silver lining, in what are desperate times. 
 

 

A rose amongst thorns won't cut it, we'll stay up that's virtually a given but this should have been implemented last season, with the view to making a decent fist of things now.

A.L would have been banking on a swift return to League one, not 3 seasons in this pit and the longer we remain here, the poorer the club gets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a hell of a lot of things going through my head with this signing.  If nothing else it's really intriguing!

 

First off, I honestly can't remember anyone who's come to the club having scored as many goals as he has in his career.  It might be non-league but this isn't a one season wonder, he's consistently scored over 20 goals a season.  If that isn't something to get excited about I don't know what is.

 

I know youtube videos can only show you so much, but he really does score a variety of goals!  I don't know exactly how we plan to set him up but he looks like he could play any attacking role.  We certainly don't have a player like him in the squad so he's got every chance of having the attacking strategy built around him.

 

He's either in the peak of his career or coming towards the end of it.  Either way we shouldn't have to wait for him to develop, he should be expected to make an immediate impact.

 

I'm going to give cautious praise to the Lemsagams.  If they've been going after Rowe since the summer then they deserve the credit for getting the move done as it's not one that I thought they could pull off.  It's not the type of move I would have predicted they would (or could) do. 

 

I really can't put my finger on whether they have money or not!  Rowe wouldn't come cheap and the recruitment so far this season doesn't scream big spending (maybe Wheater aside) and doesn't point to a joined up thought process.  As excited as I am by this, I really hope that they haven't broken the bank to get him and I especially hope that it isn't a knee-jerk reaction to the planning boycott.  If not then fantastic!

 

Finally, welcome the club Danny.  Go make yourself the hero that the club has been waiting for.  💪⚽

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singe said:

I'm as critical as any, and one signing does not make a summer with our squad he could struggle, but I've seen a message on twitter briefly from an agent that says the owner has been trying for 6 months. So it's not a Dino signing, but he'd have been in the loop when he took the job. But that sort of tenacity you'd hope for, just hope it's not a Menig style blowing the budget!! 

He was like that over Wheater, like a dog with Bone didnt give up till he got his man.I have been told he was a tough cookie to deal with at fylde , and we didn't pay anywhere near the 250k +he initially wanted  but he hasnt come cheap.. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There's a hell of a lot of things going through my head with this signing.  If nothing else it's really intriguing!

 

First off, I honestly can't remember anyone who's come to the club having scored as many goals as he has in his career.  It might be non-league but this isn't a one season wonder, he's consistently scored over 20 goals a season.  If that isn't something to get excited about I don't know what is.

 

I know youtube videos can only show you so much, but he really does score a variety of goals!  I don't know exactly how we plan to set him up but he looks like he could play any attacking role.  We certainly don't have a player like him in the squad so he's got every chance of having the attacking strategy built around him.

 

He's either in the peak of his career or coming towards the end of it.  Either way we shouldn't have to wait for him to develop, he should be expected to make an immediate impact.

 

I'm going to give cautious praise to the Lemsagams.  If they've been going after Rowe since the summer then they deserve the credit for getting the move done as it's not one that I thought they could pull off.  It's not the type of move I would have predicted they would (or could) do. 

 

I really can't put my finger on whether they have money or not!  Rowe wouldn't come cheap and the recruitment so far this season doesn't scream big spending (maybe Wheater aside) and doesn't point to a joined up thought process.  As excited as I am by this, I really hope that they haven't broken the bank to get him and I especially hope that it isn't a knee-jerk reaction to the planning boycott.  If not then fantastic!

 

Finally, welcome the club Danny.  Go make yourself the hero that the club has been waiting for.  💪⚽

 

 

great write up 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The fact we have paid a fee, on the crowds we are getting staggers me. You can’t knock what AL is prepared to put into the squad. The problem is the relatively vast of money he spends on players who are nowhere near good enough. If only AL would have a decent squad of 20/22 and the kids, instead of 35 players - 25 of which are garbage. 
 

Hope Rowe is a silver lining, in what are desperate times. 
 

 

a couple more to come in tomorrow i believe 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, singe said:
Season Team Comp Minutes played Appearances Lineups Substitute in Substitute out Substitutes on bench Goal Yellow card Yellow 2nd/RC Red card
Total 27987 351 314 37 71 64 181 15 0 0
2019/2020 Fylde NAL 2459 28 28 0 5 0 6 2 0 0
2018/2019 Fylde NAL 4286 48 48 0 6 1 27 2 0 0
2017/2018 Fylde NAL 4085 47 47 0 13 0 24 5 0 0
2016/2017 Fylde NLN 3745 42 42 0 5 0 48 0 0 0
2015/2016 Fylde NLN 3446 44 38 6 6 7 24 0 0 0
2014/2015 Fylde NLN 3119 41 35 6 11 9 26 0 0 0
2013/2014 Lincoln City NAL 1373 23 15 8 7 20 3 4 0 0
2012/2013 Barrow NAL 1706 21 19 2 7 2 4 1 0 0
2012/2013 Stockport County NAL 515 13 5 8 2 12 1 0 0 0
2011/2012 Fleetwood Town NAL 44 2 0 2 0 2 0 1 0 0
2011/2012 Stockport County NAL 1213 15 14 1 4 1 7 0 0 0
2011/2012 Droylsden NLN 1831 22 21 1 4 1 11 0 0 0
2010/2011 Fleetwood Town NAL 165 5 2 3 1 9 0 0 0 0

 

 

 

Cup

CAREER

Season Team Comp Minutes played Appearances Lineups Substitute in Substitute out Substitutes on bench Goal Yellow card Yellow 2nd/RC Red card
Total 2889 40 31 9 6 11 29 0 0 0
2019/2020 Fylde FAT 90 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0
2019/2020 Fylde FAC 310 4 4 0 2 0 3 0 0 0
2018/2019 Fylde FAC 90 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
2018/2019 Fylde FAT 604 8 8 0 3 0 5 0 0 0
2017/2018 Fylde FAT 44 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0
2017/2018 Fylde FAC 360 4 4 0 0 0 5 0 0 0
2016/2017 Fylde FAT 44 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0
2015/2016 Fylde FAT 360 4 4 0 0 0 7 0 0 0
2015/2016 Fylde FAC 180 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2014/2015 Fylde FAT 270 3 3 0 0 0 4 0 0 0
2014/2015 Fylde FAC 65 2 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
2013/2014 Lincoln City FAT 44 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 0
2012/2013 Barrow FAT 23 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
2012/2013 Stockport County FAC 105 2 0 2 0 2 1 0 0 0
2012/2013 Stockport County FAT 30 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0
2011/2012 Droylsden FAC 180 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2011/2012 Droylsden FAT 90 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

 

I  remember from when he was at Droylsden, who had a very good team at the time, with most progressing to National and EFL level. He is exactly the same player as he was then, you may not see him chasing around, but if a chance comes he will wack it in, usually ripping the net off.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...