Danny Rowe

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Sounds bitter cause he has left his club. The first 3 games rowe was getting great reviews so he will come good with some support . Looking forward to seeing the Salford striker only played 30 mins or so then got injured!!!

You won’t be pleased. He’s crap 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, Clubfootkilkenny said:

have we ever had a striker that could run and score? 

Stevie Taylor and David Shaw certainly fitted into that category.

Simon Stainrod too. Although not the quickest, he was very skilful running with the ball and scored many a goal after a tricky run turning defenders inside out.

As for Rowe, not seen him play but I have previously made the point that he was bought to score goals - and he isn't scoring goals yet.

It may one day be discovered whether that is everyone else's fault except his (as several on here seem certain of) or whether buying a 30 year old, slow but prolific non-league striker was a gamble that didn't pay off.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Simon Stainrod too. Although not the quickest, he was very skilful running with the ball and scored many a goal after a tricky run turning defenders inside out.

As for Rowe, not seen him play but I have previously made the point that he was bought to score goals - and he isn't scoring goals yet.

It may one day be discovered whether that is everyone else's fault except his (as several on here seem certain of) or whether buying a 30 year old, slow but prolific non-league striker was a gamble that didn't pay off.

It appears that Fylde got the ball to him in areas where he is adept at scoring. We aren't doing that. He is way ahead of our other strikers in hold up play and distribution and we are benefiting from that. I don't blame him for not scoring when we aren't providing him with the opportunities. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Come to think of it over the 60 years I've been watching not many, even in Big Joe's era (Marshall was quick, but really a centre forward)

When asked in his arrival interview "Have you spoken to the manager yet?  He replied "Yes I spoke to him briefly. He wants to work with me...………..he wants me pressing". Wrong. Dino should be telling him to play his normal game and asking him how the team can help him to score goals. Then tell the players to do what Rowe has told him he wants them to do.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

When asked in his arrival interview "Have you spoken to the manager yet?  He replied "Yes I spoke to him briefly. He wants to work with me...………..he wants me pressing". Wrong. Dino should be telling him to play his normal game and asking him how the team can help him to score goals. Then tell the players to do what Rowe has told him he wants them to do.

Nail on the head. Tactics should be, ‘Danny, where do you want the ball?’

’Hear that lads? Feed him’.

Why Dino feels he has to change Rowe’s game is beyond me. Smith and Dearnley seem to suit Rowe’s game. Just let him do his thing.

3 minutes ago, LittlePhilHill said:

Why Dino feels he has to change Rowe’s game is beyond me. Smith and Dearnley seem to suit Rowe’s game. Just let him do his thing.

God forbid, that sort of tactic will see us scoring goals, we'll have less of that talk thank you. 

1 hour ago, LittlePhilHill said:

Do we want to completely build our team around a 30year old non league player who has scored 7 goals in 35 league games this season with 28 of them being in non league football? .....and who in 7 games for us has surely not shown anything to justify organising 10 other players around him?

19 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Do we want to completely build our team around a 30year old non league player who has scored 7 goals in 35 league games this season with 28 of them being in non league football? .....and who in 7 games for us has surely not shown anything to justify organising 10 other players around him?

Or should you set up your team on a match by match basis to get the best out of the personnel available? 

23 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Well the current plan of action isn't going too well. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Or should you set up your team on a match by match basis to get the best out of the personnel available? 

Of course youshould and with regard to other variables toobut that is not what the original poster was suggesting

43 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

First of all, most of squad is non league standard. The way I see it, this league is horrendous. I’m yet to see one decent team. I thought FGR looked well drilled first game of the year but they were as woeful as us on Sat. Was at Bradford, Mansfield and Salford home and away and they were night and day games. Even before the sendings off Mansfield should have been 4 up. They all convincingly beat us but were  average in the next meeting.

Seems every team has shaky defence. A midfield that cannot consistently accurately deliver a final ball and a forward line that struggle to hit the target. Add in 60 odd percent pass accuracy and it’s just horrendous. 

My point is we have two players that have proven goal scoring records in lower league football - our level - and we don’t play to their strengths. We are in a situation where we simply have to score more because it’s clear we will, more often than not, concede. 

And why has he only scored one in seven? Tactics and a number 10 who is deeper that Smiths’ lyrics!  Defending that 1-0 lead on Saturday worked out well.

Anyway, I stand by my point: play to Rowe’s strengths and he’ll score. Season is over anyhow. What have we got to lose?

1 minute ago, LittlePhilHill said:

First of all, most of squad is non league standard. The way I see it, this league is horrendous. I’m yet to see one decent team. I thought FGR looked well drilled first game of the year but they were as woeful as us on Sat. Was at Bradford, Mansfield and Salford home and away and they were night and day games. Even before the sendings off Mansfield should have been 4 up. They all convincingly beat us but we’re average in the next meeting.

Seems every team has shaky defence. A midfield that cannot consistently accurately deliver a final ball and a forward line that struggle to hit the target. Add in 60 odd percent pass accuracy and it’s just horrendous. 

My point is we have two players that have proven goal scoring records in lower league football - our level - and we don’t play to their strengths. We are in a situation where we simply have to score more because it’s clear we will, more often than not, concede. 

And why has he only scored one in seven? Tactics and a number 10 who is deeper that Smiths’ lyrics!  Defending that 1-0 lead on Saturday worked out well.

Anyway, I stand by my point: play to Rowe’s strengths and he’ll score. Season is over anyhow. What have we got to lose?

12 points in Administration?

Archived