Danny Rowe

I`m sure I read a comment on here somewhere, that Danny Rowe was on a "basic wage" with a stonking "goals bonus" type pay structure. If so, no wonder he "looks like a frustrated player" - he must be getting skint!

On the one hand, I feel sympathy for him i.e. coming into this club at the present time. However, football is a close-knit community and I am sure he could have phoned a few people to get "the inside track" about Latics. Even if only half of what we hear is correct, why would someone like him sign for us presently?

It might be, of course, that nobody else saw much "league" prospect in a 30 year old non-league player. I know that sounds unpalatable to some but it is just possible that non league was his level. I sincerely hope not and that, with a change of the wind, he starts to blast them in regularly for us.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

In any work place there are people who hate going to work every day. A football dressing room is no different ....there are people in there who simply don’t want to play football....CBJ may be one

Chris Hall for us!

Looked a terrific prospect. Big, strong and reasonably quick from memory. Remember him superbly heading the equaliser away at Wolves in the FA cup (2-2) in 2007. Not too long after, I think it was said that he didn't enjoy the training etc and he embarked on a modelling career, I think.

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Chris Hall for us!

Looked a terrific prospect. Big, strong and reasonably quick from memory. Remember him superbly heading the equaliser away at Wolves in the FA cup (2-2) in 2007. Not too long after, I think it was said that he didn't enjoy the training etc and he embarked on a modelling career, I think.

Acting now, often seen in Corrie.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Chris Hall for us!

I used to play in the same team as this lad before Latics picked up him.  Big, strong and very quick however was never really that bothered about football and technically he was awful.   Not sure what he's up to these days.

I too was at Molineux that day, think it must have been early Jan and both Porter and Taylor weren't in the team.  Rumours were they had both been sold.  Seem to remember Craig Davies looking like a world beater for them that day too.

Back on subject, I believe Rowe will score goals at this level.   Playing to contain teams at home, with 10 men behind the ball, isn't going to get any striker firing though. Getting a manager in who has half a clue about footy would be a start.

23 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Do we want to completely build our team around a 30year old non league player who has scored 7 goals in 35 league games this season with 28 of them being in non league football? .....and who in 7 games for us has surely not shown anything to justify organising 10 other players around him?

Ans: YES

The sooner the better.

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, Crusoe said:

As weak a league as it is I imagine the Scottish Prem is a bigger draw than the arse end of League Two.

Yeah with Hamilton's average home league attendance below the 3,000 mark, I see where you are coming from.

They nearly got a crowd of 6,000 when they hosted Rangers. 

33 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yeah with Hamilton's average home league attendance below the 3,000 mark, I see where you are coming from.

They nearly got a crowd of 6,000 when they hosted Rangers. 

With a capacity of 6;018 that’s not a bad effort.

17 hours ago, Crusoe said:

As weak a league as it is I imagine the Scottish Prem is a bigger draw than the arse end of League Two.

Not if you pay more than them. The club has to learn to speculate to accumulate.

25 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Not if you pay more than them. The club has to learn to speculate to accumulate.

If ever there was a time NOT to speculate this is it.

It's an even bigger gambol than usual.

I'm doubtful that even the coming season will finish.

Archived