42 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Not if you pay more than them. The club has to learn to speculate to accumulate.

Not sure I agree with that. Risky in the current situation.

Plus while that might work for some I doubt just throwing money around convinces everyone. A few extra grand isn't going to compensate for no-interest games in the bottom half of League Two, dealing with our ownership mess and management turnover, and the constant threat of missed wages. Plus is a player who'll overlook all of that for the money the kind of player we really want?

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If ever there was a time NOT to speculate this is it.

It's an even bigger gambol than usual.

I'm doubtful that even the coming season will finish.

I honestly cant even see it starting.

I thought this was a thread about Danny Rowe. Have I missed something?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, yarddog73 said:

And Tunde Owalabi is better than Kurt in my opinion. 

Tunde certainly has his opportunity now, it's in his hands - if you will.

On 7/29/2020 at 9:35 PM, BP1960 said:

I did contact the club about him and they were tracking him but couldn't compete.

I contacted the club when Tunde hadn't even signed a contract at FC, he was effectively a free agent till November when he put pen to paper at FC, strange that such an obvious talent wasnt snapped up given his desire to be a full time professional footballer who could of cost absolutely nothing.

21 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I contacted the club when Tunde hadn't even signed a contract at FC, he was effectively a free agent till November when he put pen to paper at FC, strange that such an obvious talent wasnt snapped up given his desire to be a full time professional footballer who could of cost absolutely nothing.

Hamilton did pay an undisclosed fee though, something we were unlikely to do at this stage.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Hamilton did pay an undisclosed fee though, something we were unlikely to do at this stage.

Oh I know that but the point is he was looking to sign for a professional club (I use the term loosley) before he put pen to paper on that FC contract in early November, he would of cost nothing and was clearly better than anything else we had at the time.