Danny Rowe

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

His highlight reel is slightly better than that of Sid Schmeltz

My only concern after seeing his highlights reel, is that if he doesn’t get a chance on his left foot, right foot, or head, he doesn’t score.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever we bring in as a striker, our current team would suck the life...and goals...out of the most prolific forward.

However, on that showreel alone, the lad creates his own goals and seems OK with a dead ball too.  

Strange that it’s not 18 months with an option of a further 12 months.  Protects us but gives him the chance to find his feet this season then push on next season with the No.9 on his back instead of 50-something.

Despite him being 30, I can see quick saleability in the summer if he hits the ground running.  Rumours Fylde were haggled down so kudos to The Clown...one swallow though Mr Chairman and all that...

10 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The doc obviously loves the club but most probably hates the journey, there and back,

I do it myself on a regular basis and truth be known, hate every minute.

how many on here that just have to walk down the road to B.P, would be prepared to make that 140 mile round trip on 3 motorways every other week or Saturday/Tuesday?

If I lived in Oldham, I'd be volunteering down at the ground, 

Not everyone is as lucky as yourselves, you have it way too easy to criticise others!

I live in Kent, have lived away all my adult life bar a couple of years. I get to hardly any gams due to work & family. 

I'd be at games a lot more if I lived close. 

I'm hoping this signing signals a sea change in signings policy and an admission the French 8th division dross hasn't  worked. 

I'm happy taking a chance on young hungry players, even French ones, but with a proper youth set up and clear pathway to the first team and saleability at a profit after we have benefitted. 

58 minutes ago, singe said:

I live in Kent, have lived away all my adult life bar a couple of years. I get to hardly any gams due to work & family. 

I'd be at games a lot more if I lived close. 

Think yourself lucky you live in Kent, this team and town are both at an all time low.

What we have here is a striker who scores goals but there are also worrying signs that Dino might suck the life out of him.  I refer in particular to the comment by Rowe that Dino wants to improve me in different ways about pressing and a few other things.  He knows where the goal is but if he spends the match running around with the rest of them he might forget.

Dino let him do the job he has been signed for.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I like the idea of Rowe up top next to a big man, Smith and Dearnley on either wing being direct and providing the crosses. McCann and a New more creative midfielder in the middle. Nep left back, Wheater and Pony tail CB, Mills on the right and a new keeper.

I quite like Woods. Never seen a real howler. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I like the idea of Rowe up top next to a big man, Smith and Dearnley on either wing being direct and providing the crosses. McCann and a New more creative midfielder in the middle. Nep left back, Wheater and Pony tail CB, Mills on the right and a new keeper.

According to my Fylde supporting colleague, Rowe needs that as he isn’t the best at receiving a ball with back to goal and holding it.  However, give him the ball facing goal and from pretty much anywhere he will hit the target.  Not great at free kicks apparently either.. “9 out of 10 hit the wall”. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

According to my Fylde supporting colleague, Rowe needs that as he isn’t the best at receiving a ball with back to goal and holding it.  However, give him the ball facing goal and from pretty much anywhere he will hit the target.  Not great at free kicks apparently either.. “9 out of 10 hit the wall”. 

Better than what we do - 9 out of 10 go over the bar.

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can’t wait for us to pump it up to him when he’s playing as a lone striker on Saturday 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It came down with snow on it, and it was windy wasn't it? He dealt with it poorly, but it wasn't completely straightforward.

That's a ball I'd expect Sunday League keepers to deal with. Can't be waiting for it to drop to waist height. At least punch it away or flick it behind

Just now, League one forever said:

No. . 

I’ll put it another way. La Paz I would replace. Woods I wouldn’t. 

It was a howler, but I think he's a decent keeper

Archived