Leyton orient 22nd February

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Stay up should be secured . Stevenage in freefall. 30 years since last promotion!!!!!! Got to be a record ! We need a change of luck . Let's just hope next season is out year !

We don't need luck, we need an owner who cares about the club rather than characters like Blitz, Gazal and Corney who are only interested in money and clowns like Abdallah who is on an ego trip supported by the ever present incompetent freeloader Owen

Great support today but it feels like the last days of Rome

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Didn't see the game but I'm thinking we were trying to hold a one goal lead yet again, ridiculous if that was the case.

Not the case....Orient changed tactics by playing 2 against our fullbacks. We still attacked them but McCann and Missilou were both poor and didn't help Hamer and Mills.

Two outstanding performances today from Scylla, who broke up play and attacked Orient (apologies, not really, if I upset those who say Scylla is one of the worst players ever to wear a Latics shirt)  and Mills.

17 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not the case....Orient changed tactics by playing 2 against our fullbacks. We still attacked them but McCann and Missilou were both poor and didn't help Hamer and Mills.

Two outstanding performances today from Scylla, who broke up play and attacked Orient (apologies, not really, if I upset those who say Scylla is one of the worst players ever to wear a Latics shirt)  and Mills.

Adds Scylla to Drummingham, Royal et al. 

That being said Sylla was excellent today. Bossed midfield and played a few decent passes. 

34 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Ah fair enough, just feels sometimes like once we go ahead, particularly away, then its park  the bus time which we are hopeless at.

I wonder if we could have countered with  something which cancelled out their tactic?

I suppose I should be happy with a point, but I'm not...

Let’s face it, all teams except Stevenage are safe.  Even Stelling was suggesting both teams today were already on the beach.

Maamria can lose all remaining games this season and he’ll still be here in the summer. 

Just now, Midsblue said:

Let’s face it, all teams except Stevenage are safe.  Even Stelling was suggesting both teams today were already on the beach.

Maamria can lose all remaining games this season and he’ll still be here in the summer. 

He shouldn’t still be here even if he wins half those games 🤞

3 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

He shouldn’t still be here even if he wins half those games 🤞

He’ll be here, win or lose.  Got another year on his contract, he’s their puppet and we’ll still be in this league come May.  

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Do we have a new signing ? Scylla ??

3 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I'm even starting to feel confident that we'd stay up with a 12 point deduction.

How is it possible that with the season we've had there's still a team that's 16 points worse off than us?

I hope Maamria proves himself in the last 11 games to be the right man to take us forward next season, but I'm not convinced he'll do it.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm even starting to feel confident that we'd stay up with a 12 point deduction.

How is it possible that with the season we've had there's still a team that's 16 points worse off than us?

I hope Maamria proves himself in the last 11 games to be the right man to take us forward next season, but I'm not convinced he'll do it.

I’ve been saying elsewhere that only a top half finish should save his job. Started saying this after the Salford game. We were 6pts off it and with players in that he wanted & how shit the league is, that (for me) was/is his minimum target. If he managed that then it would show some sign of ability and progression. 

I don’t expect him to achieve it though. I think he’s pretty clueless at times. And as of today, we sit the same 6pts off. Over to you Dino 👍🏻

Archived