Jump to content

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

RobinsDuckEgg another Shucky account?

Possibly...and some people do like to talk to themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

522 Latics there!!

just imagine if we actually weren’t a shambolic club

Great support today

non stop singing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate time wasting and certainly don't condone it but why is it that when Latics do it every minute is added on , think the Crewe game was 12 min over both half's, but when other teams do it we get 3- 4 min max!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay up should be secured . Stevenage in freefall. 30 years since last promotion!!!!!! Got to be a record ! We need a change of luck . Let's just hope next season is out year !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the game but I'm thinking we were trying to hold a one goal lead yet again, ridiculous if that was the case.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Stay up should be secured . Stevenage in freefall. 30 years since last promotion!!!!!! Got to be a record ! We need a change of luck . Let's just hope next season is out year !

 

We don't need luck, we need an owner who cares about the club rather than characters like Blitz, Gazal and Corney who are only interested in money and clowns like Abdallah who is on an ego trip supported by the ever present incompetent freeloader Owen

 

Great support today but it feels like the last days of Rome

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, True Tic said:

Didn't see the game but I'm thinking we were trying to hold a one goal lead yet again, ridiculous if that was the case.

 

 

Not the case....Orient changed tactics by playing 2 against our fullbacks. We still attacked them but McCann and Missilou were both poor and didn't help Hamer and Mills.

Two outstanding performances today from Scylla, who broke up play and attacked Orient (apologies, not really, if I upset those who say Scylla is one of the worst players ever to wear a Latics shirt)  and Mills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not the case....Orient changed tactics by playing 2 against our fullbacks. We still attacked them but McCann and Missilou were both poor and didn't help Hamer and Mills.

Two outstanding performances today from Scylla, who broke up play and attacked Orient (apologies, not really, if I upset those who say Scylla is one of the worst players ever to wear a Latics shirt)  and Mills.

Adds Scylla to Drummingham, Royal et al. 

 

That being said Sylla was excellent today. Bossed midfield and played a few decent passes. 

Edited by rudemedic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not the case....Orient changed tactics by playing 2 against our fullbacks. We still attacked them but McCann and Missilou were both poor and didn't help Hamer and Mills.

Two outstanding performances today from Scylla, who broke up play and attacked Orient (apologies, not really, if I upset those who say Scylla is one of the worst players ever to wear a Latics shirt)  and Mills.

Ah fair enough, just feels sometimes like once we go ahead, particularly away, then its park  the bus time which we are hopeless at.

 

I wonder if we could have countered with  something which cancelled out their tactic?

 

I suppose I should be happy with a point, but I'm not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Piergianni was good today

made many good clearances , broke up play well and wound up their fans, and provided an assist for the first goal 

 

not so good to wait 20 minutes to get served at half time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s face it, all teams except Stevenage are safe.  Even Stelling was suggesting both teams today were already on the beach.

 

Maamria can lose all remaining games this season and he’ll still be here in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Midsblue said:

Let’s face it, all teams except Stevenage are safe.  Even Stelling was suggesting both teams today were already on the beach.

 

Maamria can lose all remaining games this season and he’ll still be here in the summer. 

He shouldn’t still be here even if he wins half those games 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

He shouldn’t still be here even if he wins half those games 🤞

 

He’ll be here, win or lose.  Got another year on his contract, he’s their puppet and we’ll still be in this league come May.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Not the case....Orient changed tactics by playing 2 against our fullbacks. We still attacked them but McCann and Missilou were both poor and didn't help Hamer and Mills.

Two outstanding performances today from Scylla, who broke up play and attacked Orient (apologies, not really, if I upset those who say Scylla is one of the worst players ever to wear a Latics shirt)  and Mills.

Do we have a new signing ? Scylla ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Adds Scylla to Drummingham, Royal et al. 

 

That being said Sylla was excellent today. Bossed midfield and played a few decent passes. 

Did particularly well given that Charybdis wasn't on the pitch. Was the referee a Homer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, HarryBosch said:

 

@Downender 's round.... :D

who get shafted this time??? :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, True Tic said:

 

I wonder if we could have countered with  something which cancelled out their tactic?

A manager with any tactical sense at all probably could 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, the body language of Missilou for Oldham's second goal says it all in terms of the togetherness of the team 🙄

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LT_SMASH said:

Jesus, the body language of Missilou for Oldham's second goal says it all in terms of the togetherness of the team 🙄

 

 

All 4 of them goals are shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Let’s face it, all teams except Stevenage are safe.  Even Stelling was suggesting both teams today were already on the beach.

 

Maamria can lose all remaining games this season and he’ll still be here in the summer. 

 

I'm even starting to feel confident that we'd stay up with a 12 point deduction.

 

How is it possible that with the season we've had there's still a team that's 16 points worse off than us?

 

I hope Maamria proves himself in the last 11 games to be the right man to take us forward next season, but I'm not convinced he'll do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

I'm even starting to feel confident that we'd stay up with a 12 point deduction.

 

How is it possible that with the season we've had there's still a team that's 16 points worse off than us?

 

I hope Maamria proves himself in the last 11 games to be the right man to take us forward next season, but I'm not convinced he'll do it.


I’ve been saying elsewhere that only a top half finish should save his job. Started saying this after the Salford game. We were 6pts off it and with players in that he wanted & how shit the league is, that (for me) was/is his minimum target. If he managed that then it would show some sign of ability and progression. 
 

I don’t expect him to achieve it though. I think he’s pretty clueless at times. And as of today, we sit the same 6pts off. Over to you Dino 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not been this season.  Would you say this team is good enough for a top half finish if managed correctly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...