North Stand Shut by SAG

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Following our email to both the OEC and The Club on Sunday in respect of the situation regarding the North Stand, please read our latest update below #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

http://PushTheBoundary.co.uk/north-stand-update-31-01-2020

Sterling work again by PTB. If the club won't/can't play ball, they are simply further aggravating an already unhappy fan base. When will they ever learn that it costs nothing to sit down and have a sensible, open discussion? 

By dragging their heels, they are alienating more and more fans as time goes by. It's about time they dropped this attitude before another few hundred walk away. Many will never return and so many, like me, no longer recognise the club we have loved for so long.

Keep pushing and putting the pressure on; one day, just maybe, AL and co will wake up and see the damage that is being done to this once proud club. If they leave it much longer, it may never recover.

48 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Following our email to both the OEC and The Club on Sunday in respect of the situation regarding the North Stand, please read our latest update below #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

http://PushTheBoundary.co.uk/north-stand-update-31-01-2020

Great update, thanks again for all you guys are doing.

It's simply scandalous that ordinary fans have no rights in all this. I suppose the Chuckle Brothers and Inspector Knacker will say the season ticket holders have the right of ground admission, not to a specific JRS seat. And of course public safety is an overriding issue. But where are the so-called guardians of the game like the FA when it comes to supporters, who have paid good money up front to sit in a particular stand, being ripped off? 

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Great update, thanks again for all you guys are doing.

It's simply scandalous that ordinary fans have no rights in all this. I suppose the Chuckle Brothers and Inspector Knacker will say the season ticket holders have the right of ground admission, not to a specific JRS seat. And of course public safety is an overriding issue. But where are the so-called guardians of the game like the FA when it comes to supporters, who have paid good money up front to sit in a particular stand, being ripped off? 

Don't remember much uproar when the RRE was being closed willy nilly post Lookers.

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Don't remember much uproar when the RRE was being closed willy nilly post Lookers.

It was clearly explained before we bought the season ticket that we may have to move when there was a big away following. I was fine with that. I'm not fine with Keith Lard getting me kicked out of my seat in the Joe Royle stand. 

23 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was clearly explained before we bought the season ticket that we may have to move when there was a big away following. I was fine with that. I'm not fine with Keith Lard getting me kicked out of my seat in the Joe Royle stand. 

And wasn't there a cost saving? 

On 1/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, Clifford said:

Which is exactly why people should not be attending home games / giving money to the club at the moment.

Until it hits him in the pocket enough he is not going to change his ways. Barry will stay, Mo will stay, they will decide who can / can't play and the fans will be an afterthought as they battle a losing battle with the landlords. They are running this club for their own interests and until the cost of the club outweighs that they are going nowhere and will listen to no one. He hasn't changed his transfer policy, he wanted Rowe in the summer. People thinking recent action has made him sign someone like that are deluded. 

Anyone paying into a home game is a scab, still.

Why dont you just go the whole hog and burn ur shirts and support someone else? I would bet that not many would be bothered by losing your support. I'd rather have gates of 500 a game than have extremists like you supporting my club. I'm not on either side. AL has done a shit job. And some people have made good arguments for groups like flg. But it's people like you with these ridiculous extreme views that make me feel like fans groups arent there to help, they're there to kick off without any plan. If I had any say I would ask whoever's does it to take you off this site. Fuckin vile. Theres 70, 80, 90 year old people who have been to every game their whole lives, there are kids who love a saturday coz they get to go to a live latics match. Theres die hard supporters who are fuming with the ownership but still have latics burnt in to their heart. And ur here calling us all scabs. FUCK RIGHT OFF

20 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Why dont you just go the whole hog and burn ur shirts and support someone else? I would bet that not many would be bothered by losing your support. I'd rather have gates of 500 a game than have extremists like you supporting my club. I'm not on either side. AL has done a shit job. And some people have made good arguments for groups like flg. But it's people like you with these ridiculous extreme views that make me feel like fans groups arent there to help, they're there to kick off without any plan. If I had any say I would ask whoever's does it to take you off this site. Fuckin vile. Theres 70, 80, 90 year old people who have been to every game their whole lives, there are kids who love a saturday coz they get to go to a live latics match. Theres die hard supporters who are fuming with the ownership but still have latics burnt in to their heart. And ur here calling us all scabs. FUCK RIGHT OFF

Good post.

Me and my Sue have between us followed Latics for 110 years. We have seen ups and downs but have stuck with the team and always will.

UP THE SCABS

39 minutes ago, philwhite said:

Good post.

It's an ergo decedo argument, in this case is from a false position stating that are no options other than leave and support someone else. There are loads of options, just needs everyone to calm down and think about it.

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's an ergo decedo argument, in this case is from a false position stating that are no options other than leave and support someone else. There are loads of options, just needs everyone to calm down and think about it.

In most peoples opinion he should support someone else because we dont want vile people supporting our club. Nothin to do with the stance on AL. If I started calling people who boycott names then I'd be scolded by people too. My opinion is people should support the team and voice concerns in the stadium where MoBo and AL can hear and see it. But i wouldnt put someone down for their decision to boycott

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Ask bury fans if they regret not taking proper action? We've been going for 30 years, the kids love it or whatever are just shite excuses. If the clubs bust next year no one is going watching them. It's that serious IMO.

What happened to bury? They couldn't keep up with the cost of their squad due to no supporters going through the gates..... I want AL gone, but as AL is a businessman rather than a football man, I'm pretty sure he will just keep cutting costs to match the falling attendances. People like him dont give a shit if there is controversy or people not liking him. His ego is too big. But that's my opinion. If you wanna boycott then boycott. I've no problem with it. But dont go thrusting ur extreme views on others who just want to watch their team play just because u want ur own way. Your as bad as a racist or religious extremist. You have a view and that's fine, but you force it on others and respond negatively if they dont agree. 

I'm not involved with any groups. Although I have met a few on away days that seem sensible and articulate. But the vast majority seem like they're on the train for a ride. If anyone is in the groups I would like to give you my ideas. We should be carrying on with the communication channels (or attempting to), but mainly we need to be looking for buyers. If anyone has the knowledge of how to do that. Then we should be packing out ISZ and showing the prospective buyers what type of loyal and passionate fan base we have. AL may have the ability to very slightly change or improve, but one thing is for definite, he wont be forced out. He wont be craving in and leaving or selling to the first bidder. Hes the type of guy to dig in and only go for what he wants. So I fear everything that goes on will just brush past his thoughts and all the effort of the groups will be for nothing. 

Also we should all put the euro millions on every week. You never know haha

Packing out BP will only make AL think he is following the right path, he doesn't give a shit about the fans, the way forward is dialogue between all parties, shutting stands is a sure fire way tjo piss more people off, come ST renewal time how many North stand ST holders are going to renew I'd wager at least a third will be lost. We thought we were down to the last of the diehards something tells me there are a lot more going to quit. 

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Packing out BP will only make AL think he is following the right path, he doesn't give a shit about the fans, the way forward is dialogue between all parties, shutting stands is a sure fire way tjo piss more people off, come ST renewal time how many North stand ST holders are going to renew I'd wager at least a third will be lost. We thought we were down to the last of the diehards something tells me there are a lot more going to quit. 

I'd love to say that dialogue is the perfect way. But by the sounds of it AL doesnt wanna know. And 5-6000 fans all singing against Abdullah wud b more effective than 3000 in silence and 600 walking up the road to the pub

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'm not involved with any groups. Although I have met a few on away days that seem sensible and articulate. But the vast majority seem like they're on the train for a ride. If anyone is in the groups I would like to give you my ideas. We should be carrying on with the communication channels (or attempting to), but mainly we need to be looking for buyers. If anyone has the knowledge of how to do that. Then we should be packing out ISZ and showing the prospective buyers what type of loyal and passionate fan base we have. AL may have the ability to very slightly change or improve, but one thing is for definite, he wont be forced out. He wont be craving in and leaving or selling to the first bidder. Hes the type of guy to dig in and only go for what he wants. So I fear everything that goes on will just brush past his thoughts and all the effort of the groups will be for nothing. 

Also we should all put the euro millions on every week. You never know haha

Hi Chris

I am from the Trust,  would like to hear your ideas please. Can you PM me

Thanks

1 hour ago, Matt said:

“ argumentum ergo decedo”.......blimey I thought I had stumbled onto the Oxford Union site or that Boris had joined OWTB....Kennedy’s .Latin Primer  still available on Amazon I believe

Question for me is, are things finally changing for the better. Not just because we have actually won a game convincingly, but because it would appear that we are now signing players who seem to be what we actually need rather than the mixed bag of hopefuls and has beens from across Europe. 

Formation was also changed on Tuesday. Common sense on the playing front seems to be seeping in although it’s early days I know. 

I don’t even pretend to know what’s going on off the pitch, it’s a mess and that’s as much as I know but a solid squad build and some consistent good results will bring back a glimmer of positivity. 

Archived