North Stand Shut by SAG

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Question for me is, are things finally changing for the better. Not just because we have actually won a game convincingly, but because it would appear that we are now signing players who seem to be what we actually need rather than the mixed bag of hopefuls and has beens from across Europe. 

Formation was also changed on Tuesday. Common sense on the playing front seems to be seeping in although it’s early days I know. 

I don’t even pretend to know what’s going on off the pitch, it’s a mess and that’s as much as I know but a solid squad build and some consistent good results will bring back a glimmer of positivity. 

Any positive result just masks the real problems. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Question for me is, are things finally changing for the better. Not just because we have actually won a game convincingly, but because it would appear that we are now signing players who seem to be what we actually need rather than the mixed bag of hopefuls and has beens from across Europe. 

Formation was also changed on Tuesday. Common sense on the playing front seems to be seeping in although it’s early days I know. 

I don’t even pretend to know what’s going on off the pitch, it’s a mess and that’s as much as I know but a solid squad build and some consistent good results will bring back a glimmer of positivity. 

People aren't protesting over the formation.

Charlton won promotion whilst ousting their rotten regime. If we can do the same then great. There's enough absolute shite going on off the pitch (look directly out from the Main Stand today as evidence) to be kicking off even though we signed some good players and won in midweek. 

19 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

People aren't protesting over the formation.

Charlton won promotion whilst ousting their rotten regime. If we can do the same then great. There's enough absolute shite going on off the pitch (look directly out from the Main Stand today as evidence) to be kicking off even though we signed some good players and won in midweek. 

Correct.

It constantly astonishes me how many fickle people there are who, after a solitary win, suddenly start talking about how "we've turned the corner", "Maamria has got it right now", "play-offs", "the fans will return now" type horseshit.

Unless you keep your eye firmly fixed on the goal you wish to achieve, then you will be distracted by all manner of stuff that, in the final analysis, matters not one jot.

52 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Correct.

It constantly astonishes me how many fickle people there are who, after a solitary win, suddenly start talking about how "we've turned the corner", "Maamria has got it right now", "play-offs", "the fans will return now" type horseshit.

Unless you keep your eye firmly fixed on the goal you wish to achieve, then you will be distracted by all manner of stuff that, in the final analysis, matters not one jot.

One thing I noticed from the photo taken when McCann signed for the rest of the season was the group looked all very happy, which suggests to me team spirit is high and off the field events wont affect on field performances. I think the players realise this could be a decent team. 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One thing I noticed from the photo taken when McCann signed for the rest of the season was the group looked all very happy, which suggests to me team spirit is high and off the field events wont affect on field performances. I think the players realise this could be a decent team. 

The thing that has been noticeable throughout the rest of AL's reign is how disconnected and unhappy his teams have looked. I thought the performance and team togetherness on Tuesday was a massive improvement on the rest of the stuff this season (not saying much performance wise but credit where it is due). Interestingly some bloke on GMR I think referred to how unhappy the players looked at Salford and how it looked like they didn't like each other! I wasn't listening as was at the game, they stuck together after a torrid first half and ended well which they took in to Tuesday.          

4 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

What happened to bury? They couldn't keep up with the cost of their squad due to no supporters going through the gates..... 

That’s not what happened to bury. Don’t worry, ignorance is bliss.

Barry claimed it is propaganda against them and the owner. Barry went onto say that the owner has us in better shape than its been for "some years" 3 Winding up petitions in the last 2 years is it Barry?

Legal adviser countered the threat of administration is real and they offered to have a meeting this week the club. The club refused, and that the club owes Blitz alot of money. It was the club that went to the sun newspaper first place. The claim that has been taken to the police, Blitz has offered to cooperate with fully. The police haven't got back to them on that request which tells you what you need to know about how that case is going to end. 

Barry was offered to respond to the claims of the legal adviser he then hung up..

Another pathetic performance from Barry just showing what an arrogant fool he is.

The club won't speak to the OEC and SAG until the OEC sign a document that basically says that the club have 100% power over what happens at the ground on match days.  The OEC won't sign this document because they say it goes over and above what is required from a safety perspective.  But they will meet the club and SAG at any point to discuss and find a resolution.  They had a meeting arranged for Thursday just gone but the club refused to attend.

You can conclude what you like from that, but in my opinion the club don't like the OEC making any money on match days.  And so they want the OEC to sign a document that says the club an stop that happening, presumably by restricting or stopping access in some capacity.  The club won't even discuss the matter unless that ultimate power is granted.  So ultimately they are happy to stop fans sitting in the stand for the foreseeable future over some petty squabble.

Just another example of the current regime's utter contempt for fans.  It's disgraceful.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Oh and when they tried to go back to Barry to answer the points raised by Blitz's lawyer?.... he'd done a runner.

Pathetic.

Unless it's pre scripted, Owen hasnt got a clue what to say, typical copper. "Don't get smart or you'll get a truncheon round your head" 

57 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

That’s not what happened to bury. Don’t worry, ignorance is bliss.

It was the start of it. And it was the main problem. They spent to get the best squad they could. But didnt have the income to support it. So they borrowed. And borrowed. And borrowed again. And spent again and again. And still had no income. And the biggest income for any club is the fans money. So yeah your right that in no way was a major factor in bury running out of money 🙄. Course it was a factor

Sitting around a table with Blitz and the OEC to sort out this ridiculous stand fiasco would help get a few back and of course continuing this good run. If only AL would eat humble pie, change his ways and admit to his mistakes we might have a chance to move this club forward. If not there really will be only one outcome!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Sitting around a table with Blitz and the OEC to sort out this ridiculous stand fiasco would help get a few back and of course continuing this good run. If only AL would eat humble pie, change his ways and admit to his mistakes we might have a chance to move this club forward. If not there really will be only one outcome!!

A sit down with Blitz and AL would be enough. The OEC and FLG seem to do what Blitz tells them anyway. 

4 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

It was the start of it. And it was the main problem. They spent to get the best squad they could. But didnt have the income to support it. So they borrowed. And borrowed. And borrowed again. And spent again and again. And still had no income. And the biggest income for any club is the fans money. So yeah your right that in no way was a major factor in bury running out of money 🙄. Course it was a factor

Carry on being wrong.

For me, AL was shafted when he bought (just) the club. Bet Corney couldn't believe someone took it off him. Seems he was that desperate to get involved that "due diligence" was overlooked. AL has now got people on board who are telling him (probably rightly) that he's been and is being massively fucked over. It would just seem as though that's the deal he agreed to. He can't be that bright and the advice he received when going through with the deal must've been shocking. It's a farce.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

For me, AL was shafted when he bought (just) the club. Bet Corney couldn't believe someone took it off him. Seems he was that desperate to get involved that "due diligence" was overlooked. AL has now got people on board who are telling him (probably rightly) that he's been and is being massively fucked over. It would just seem as though that's the deal he agreed to. He can't be that bright and the advice he received when going through with the deal must've been shocking. It's a farce.

Which means that Shitpeas is complicit in all of this, he was part of Corney's inner circle, he must have known that SC was shafting Abdallah, Shitpeas then jumps into bed with AL whilst feigning no knowledge of the goings on. Nice work from the corrupt ex copper. 

I think the pressure will mount on the club to negotiate sooner rather than later.  I'm pretty sure they said that early bird renewals were being released in February. As much as I've enjoyed the performances and atmosphere (accoustics) in the Jimmy Frizell stand, I'd rather be in the Joe Royle stand and won't be renewing until it's sorted.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Which means that Shitpeas is complicit in all of this, he was part of Corney's inner circle, he must have known that SC was shafting Abdallah, Shitpeas then jumps into bed with AL whilst feigning no knowledge of the goings on. Nice work from the corrupt ex copper. 

Seems happy enough to jump in bed with whoever. As long as there's free pie.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

So why do the previous and present owner seem to have trust in him?

2 hours ago, dkay570 said:

I think the pressure will mount on the club to negotiate sooner rather than later.  I'm pretty sure they said that early bird renewals were being released in February. As much as I've enjoyed the performances and atmosphere (accoustics) in the Jimmy Frizell stand, I'd rather be in the Joe Royle stand and won't be renewing until it's sorted.

I think you are right.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

So why do the previous and present owner seem to have trust in him?

If I was to hazard a guess, I would say the police/establishment carry a lot of weight regarding the negotiating of rules, any link to this gives you a head start.

Archived