North Stand Shut by SAG

First to the management of the board. How long do naughty boys sit on the naughty step? asking for a friend who's PM via the site contact doesn't get looked at.

Second. Is anyone surprised the mess the club is in off the field? we've endured near 30 years of poor management from various boards. We've had saviours who've now got prime land for buttons and the club as nowt. It's been broken up like in old feudal times were the peasant's got royally shafted. The lord as now appointed his sheriff to collect his taxes and do his dirty work and the peasant's working the land are in their infancy of rebellion. It didn't work well back then and it won't now.

Reading the board it's clear which players in the cast get the most blame but, lets split the problems into the sections they should be placed.

The stream of utter dross players introduced into the club.

The poor PR at times. 

Rent the club now needs to find

The ground falling to pieces

The decline from Premier League to the foot of League Two

The club not owning it's own ground and land

I am sure there's others!

If you address the issues above then surely it's not all AL. Yes give him some grief for what he's created. In equal measure support him in his fight against outside forces that hurt the club. For me, he's the only one out of the players who actually wants to run our club, the others have different agenda's. For that part he needs backing. For the part of the dross he's signed up, then let him know via vocal displeasure inside the ground. Staying out of the ground will hurt his pocket, but ultimately it hurts your club.

Now we've got that many splitter groups all wanting to deliver slightly different messages it's getting confusing. Who should AL sit up and take note too? it's nearly as bad as Dino shouting at every player to do something different to the others!!. Christ pipe down a bit and be more coherent and stop believing your own hype about how important or right you are.

The club needs to be a whole, not 3 or 4 different rulers, then and only then can our club move forward. The tricky bit is achieving that. It needs Blitz to accept his role in this sorry saga and take some cash hit. Then it needs a fool to pay him the other half. One king to sit on the throne and rule the kingdom. Then very importantly, the fans need to back the club and team with your match day income and backs against the wall mentality. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Lags said:

If you address the issues above then surely it's not all AL.

For me, he's the only one out of the players who actually wants to run our club, the others have different agenda's.

Staying out of the ground will hurt his pocket, but ultimately it hurts your club.

Had Barry in your ear again?

Don't think anyone is saying it's all AL's fault, but to address your first point, he's the main culprit or at least heavily involved in 5 of the 6.

Regarding the second point, how do you know what his agenda is? The main characteristic of his tenure to date has been either signing dodgy foreign players who aren't up to scratch, or players from England who Barry has heard of. Forgive me if I reserve judgement that he has our best interests at heart.

To the final point, it's not our club any more. Hasn't been ours for a long time.

23 minutes ago, Lags said:

The club needs to be a whole, not 3 or 4 different rulers, then and only then can our club move forward. The tricky bit is achieving that. It needs Blitz to accept his role in this sorry saga and take some cash hit. Then it needs a fool to pay him the other half. One king to sit on the throne and rule the kingdom. Then very importantly, the fans need to back the club and team with your match day income and backs against the wall mentality. 

totally agree. appreciate he may have lost money when he part owned us but holding onto land for personal profit and not selling everything together has the potential to finish the club in the long term. i dont see them in any better light than i see AL. hearing corney asked for half future transfers when this would again be income for the club to move forward is a horrible move. i just hope someone can come with enough money to get it all back together so the club owns the ground and surrounding land but cant see us hitting that point

16 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Don't think anyone is saying it's all AL's fault, but to address your first point, he's the main culprit or at least heavily involved in 5 of the 6.

Regarding the second point, how do you know what his agenda is? The main characteristic of his tenure to date has been either signing dodgy foreign players who aren't up to scratch, or players from England who Barry has heard of. Forgive me if I reserve judgement that he has our best interests at heart.

To the final point, it's not our club any more. Hasn't been ours for a long time.

No, besides utterly irrelevant.

Your answers are noted and all that's required.

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

totally agree. appreciate he may have lost money when he part owned us but holding onto land for personal profit and not selling everything together has the potential to finish the club in the long term. i dont see them in any better light than i see AL. hearing corney asked for half future transfers when this would again be income for the club to move forward is a horrible move. i just hope someone can come with enough money to get it all back together so the club owns the ground and surrounding land but cant see us hitting that point

He hasn't asked for money for future transfers for a nice litlte earner, it's in lieu of money owed. Blitz is threatening admin because of money owed. See the pattern?

We've had a positive week on the pitch, I'd like to see a positive week off it. The ball is firmly in AL, Adam and Barry's court in that regard.

AL etc get round the table with Blitz and the FLG and we might all be singing from the same hymn sheet.

The window has improved players, but for all we know all the money spent on Rowe has just gone  into the Directors loan account. Too early to make judgment.

Two swallows don't make a summer, but hopefully we are seeing the green shoots of recovery, it's too early to get excited though.

EDIT: I also commend the club for the tribute true Lee Marland, I didn't know him, but it was a tremendous tribute. Again,  when the club and fans pulling together we can be pretty amazing. That sort of thing seems to have been missing, that might be my misinterpretation. I hope sort of tribute becomes the norm and get us all working in the same direction.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

First to the management of the board. How long do naughty boys sit on the naughty step? asking for a friend who's PM via the site contact doesn't get looked at.

Sorry, not been around much recently. I've removed the approval flag now.

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Second. Is anyone surprised the mess the club is in off the field? we've endured near 30 years of poor management from various boards (1). We've had saviours who've now got prime land for buttons and the club as nowt. (2a) It's been broken up like in old feudal times were the peasant's got royally shafted. The lord as now appointed his sheriff to collect his taxes and do his dirty work and the peasant's working the land are in their infancy of rebellion. It didn't work well back then and it won't now.

Reading the board it's clear which players in the cast get the most blame but, lets split the problems into the sections they should be placed.

The stream of utter dross players introduced into the club.

The poor PR at times. (3)

Rent the club now needs to find (2b)

The ground falling to pieces

The decline from Premier League to the foot of League Two (4)

The club not owning it's own ground and land (2c)

I am sure there's others!

If you address the issues above then surely it's not all AL. Yes give him some grief for what he's created. In equal measure support him in his fight against outside forces that hurt the club. For me, he's the only one out of the players who actually wants to run our club, the others have different agenda's. For that part he needs backing. For the part of the dross he's signed up, then let him know via vocal displeasure inside the ground. Staying out of the ground will hurt his pocket, but ultimately it hurts your club.

6 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

5 hours ago, Lags said:

No, besides utterly irrelevant.

Your answers are noted and all that's required.

Actually Lags it is entirely relevant.

Going from your first post:

1.) Barry is our longest tenured board member in that time. He’s been on the board for 16 years. The likes of Brierley and Corney come close but Barry is our longest serving board member in the past 30 years. He is a lot more responsible for the poor management of the club in that time than any other member of this board (with possible exceptions).

2. a+b+c) Barry was on the board when Blitz, Gazal and Corney split the land off to Brassbank. I’ll admit he couldn’t have done anything about it, but he could have raised an objection knowing that objection could be left on record. He has since been on the board with a new owner and says ‘not me guv’ to that new owner. If he knew nothing, then he’s incompetent, if he hasn’t kept AL in the loop then he’s lying. I’m more inclined to think he’s incompetent, but incompetent board members shouldn’t stay on the board for 16 years under 2 different owners. Barry has less than a little knowledge and we all know what he says about a little knowledge.

3.) The poor PR at times can often be laid at Barry’s door. The attempted signing of a then rapist, after sacking a player for failing to get booked. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. He’s been PR disaster after PR disaster, and is still producing PR disasters. Just ask anyone having to move seats because of the North Stand debacle, or Mansfield fans after they beat us 6-1. That incident even made it to TV

4.) Barry is on record as saying the club couldn’t afford promotion from League 1. He helped appoint Darren Kelly but then was publicly moaning about him the night Kelly was unveiled. He was crucial in attempting to sign a (then) convicted rapist for the club, while the club was doing well in League 1 for the first time in quite a few years and a height we haven’t reached since. Barry couldn’t have done anything about relegation to League 1 but he has been involved in our failure to not get promoted to the Championship and subsequent relegation to league 2. 

Like I said Barry having a word with you is entirely relevant, anyone who thinks Barry isn’t in any way responsible for the situation the club finds itself in is an idiot. 

There was an incident on Saturday’s game which rammed home the point that Barry is incompetent. I know it, @BP1960 knows it, Barry knows it and AL and MO know it.

Just a slightly off thread point, but TTA didn’t split the land from OAFC, that was done in 1999.... you could however make an argument that they could have brought it back under the clubs control under their tenure. 

If everything had gone to plan, the use of some of the money from developing the land was suppose to build us a new stadium at BP.... it’s all gone really well hasn’t it😩

38 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

1.) Barry is our longest tenured board member in that time. He’s been on the board for 16 years. The likes of Brierley and Corney come close but Barry is our longest serving board member in the past 30 years. He is a lot more responsible for the poor management of the club in that time than any other member of this board (with possible exceptions).

2. a+b+c) Barry was on the board when Blitz, Gazal and Corney split the land off to Brassbank. I’ll admit he couldn’t have done anything about it, but he could have raised an objection knowing that objection could be left on record. He has since been on the board with a new owner and says ‘not me guv’ to that new owner. If he knew nothing, then he’s incompetent, if he hasn’t kept AL in the loop then he’s lying. I’m more inclined to think he’s incompetent, but incompetent board members shouldn’t stay on the board for 16 years under 2 different owners. Barry has less than a little knowledge and we all know what he says about a little knowledge.

3.) The poor PR at times can often be laid at Barry’s door. The attempted signing of a then rapist, after sacking a player for failing to get booked. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. He’s been PR disaster after PR disaster, and is still producing PR disasters. Just ask anyone having to move seats because of the North Stand debacle, or Mansfield fans after they beat us 6-1. That incident even made it to TV

4.) Barry is on record as saying the club couldn’t afford promotion from League 1. He helped appoint Darren Kelly but then was publicly moaning about him the night Kelly was unveiled. He was crucial in attempting to sign a (then) convicted rapist for the club, while the club was doing well in League 1 for the first time in quite a few years and a height we haven’t reached since. Barry couldn’t have done anything about relegation to League 1 but he has been involved in our failure to not get promoted to the Championship and subsequent relegation to league 2. 

Like I said Barry having a word with you is entirely relevant, anyone who thinks Barry isn’t in any way responsible for the situation the club finds itself in is an idiot. 

There was an incident on Saturday’s game which rammed home the point that Barry is incompetent. I know it, @BP1960 knows it, Barry knows it and AL and MO know it.

You miss the point, Barry hasn't been in my ear, hence irrelevant to my post. Idiot??, seems like there's more than Barry needs a PR lesson or two. I really can't see how a guy who's not bankrolled a club as the kind of clout or ultimate last say you think.

14 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Just a slightly off thread point, but TTA didn’t split the land from OAFC, that was done in 1999.... you could however make an argument that they could have brought it back under the clubs control under their tenure. 

If everything had gone to plan, the use of some of the money from developing the land was suppose to build us a new stadium at BP.... it’s all gone really well hasn’t it😩

Correct. They did, however, set up Brassbank and put anything of value in there, telling us that it was normal.

39 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

1.) Barry is a lot more responsible for the poor management of the club in that time than any other member of this board (with possible exceptions).

Eh?

39 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I have no position on this just interested as to why given the above he has been kept on by the previous and present owners? 

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Eh?

21 minutes ago, Lags said:

It's one of those Oxy' things.....Oxymoron's are they?

No Lags is not an oxymoron. Barry is on the board, there are quite clearly some other (ex) board members on this message board. 

Being on the club's board makes Barry a lot more culpable in the mismanagement over the past 30 years than anyone else on this message board, with the exception of any other former or current board member. 

56 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Do tell

I don't expect to have to teach 3 board members of a football club the changes to the offside law. Especially when one is the Sporting Director, one the owner and one is apparently really good at paperwork. 

If it was August 2018 I'd let it slide. The change has been active for us since then. 

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I don't expect to have to teach 3 board members of a football club the changes to the offside law. Especially when one is the Sporting Director, one the owner and one is apparently really good at paperwork. 

If it was August 2018 I'd let it slide. The change has been active for us since then. 

To be fair I'd let anyone off with not understanding parts of that ludicrously over complicated shite 

For some historical background ... when Chris Moore relinquished control and Sean Jarvis bought it for a token amount, he first sought interim funds from any supporters and/or local businesses who were willing to help. I was one of the 10 or so people who put money into an escrow account. At the time I attended a number of meetings with club staff, administrators and other interested parties. One meeting was with representatives of Oldham council, where a "pre-packaged" agreement between the council and TTAs was presented as a "done deal". That agreement included the land.

The initial agreement re the land was between the Club and the Council, but the parties agreed to put the land outside any new legal structure for the club IE - the land passed from the council / club ownership to individuals (TTA / Brassbank). At the meeting I asked why the council did not honor the original agreement to give the land to the club rather than new investors, and they "wriggled" around by saying the agreement was with the old club in bankruptcy and they had no obligation to honor the agreement with the new legal club structure. Nevertheless they saw no problem "gifting" the agreement to the TTA (even thought at that time TTA had not actually taken legal ownership of the club).

I personally trace the separation of club and property back to some (unknown to me) arrangement between the council and TTA. It didn't "smell right" but I have no proof that anything was illegal. I actually think it was more of a handshake agreement at a time of considerable financial turmoil.

As for the TTA ownership, as an independent business owner, I can totally see that it made perfect sense to split the assets and hold the land in a separate private company.  Given the cash they put into the running of the club over the years then they more than paid for the land and club.  They can be criticized for their style of management and their running the club on a shoestring but, without them, we almost certainly not have a club. The best they could have done for the club would have been to sell earlier when 2 directors stopped investing. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Just listened to the interview with shitpeas and Blitz's lawyer. I thought it was rather telling that shitpeas dropped the mic and ran after the lawyer talked about administration. Then right after that they interview the rochdale CEO. Talk about going from one extreme to the other. From how not to run a football club to running one rather well. 

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

No Lags is not an oxymoron. Barry is on the board, there are quite clearly some other (ex) board members on this message board. 

Being on the club's board makes Barry a lot more culpable in the mismanagement over the past 30 years than anyone else on this message board, with the exception of any other former or current board member. 

OK, maybe not a true oxymoron in it's truest definition , but Barry is either the most responsible or these other exceptions are. Plus to spare me being an idiot as you say, I've never said Barry wasn't responsible for some of the points I listed above.

11 hours ago, BucksBlue said:

For some historical background ... when Chris Moore relinquished control and Sean Jarvis bought it for a token amount, he first sought interim funds from any supporters and/or local businesses who were willing to help. I was one of the 10 or so people who put money into an escrow account. At the time I attended a number of meetings with club staff, administrators and other interested parties. One meeting was with representatives of Oldham council, where a "pre-packaged" agreement between the council and TTAs was presented as a "done deal". That agreement included the land.

The initial agreement re the land was between the Club and the Council, but the parties agreed to put the land outside any new legal structure for the club IE - the land passed from the council / club ownership to individuals (TTA / Brassbank). At the meeting I asked why the council did not honor the original agreement to give the land to the club rather than new investors, and they "wriggled" around by saying the agreement was with the old club in bankruptcy and they had no obligation to honor the agreement with the new legal club structure. Nevertheless they saw no problem "gifting" the agreement to the TTA (even thought at that time TTA had not actually taken legal ownership of the club).

I personally trace the separation of club and property back to some (unknown to me) arrangement between the council and TTA. It didn't "smell right" but I have no proof that anything was illegal. I actually think it was more of a handshake agreement at a time of considerable financial turmoil.

As for the TTA ownership, as an independent business owner, I can totally see that it made perfect sense to split the assets and hold the land in a separate private company.  Given the cash they put into the running of the club over the years then they more than paid for the land and club.  They can be criticized for their style of management and their running the club on a shoestring but, without them, we almost certainly not have a club. The best they could have done for the club would have been to sell earlier when 2 directors stopped investing. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Good to read some stuff from someone who was actually there and not hearsay 

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The one constant in the decline of our Club

Only thing that makes any sense at all is that he must know 'where the bodies lie'

Get your shovel out and reveal all or get out of our Club

Archived