North Stand Shut by SAG

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Did you go whilst there was no stand there ? Not judging. And I know it’s not the point, as there is a perfectly good stand that SHOULD be getting used. I’ve never really minded personally where I sit. So long as it’s on the halfway line 🤣

Magister be hunting you down to measure the distance from seat to halfway line now to call you a liar

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Greenfield Latic said:

I for one was in two minds whether to renew or not, If I cant sit in my seat in the JRS I will not be renewing.

Did you go whilst there was no stand there ? Not judging. And I know it’s not the point, as there is a perfectly good stand that SHOULD be getting used. I’ve never really minded personally where I sit. So long as it’s on the halfway line 🤣

Over the last few years I have been kicked out of the Chaddy, evicted from the 100 club and then ousted completely from the JRS. 

The main stand leg room is totally inadequate for someone of my stature, which leaves one alternative - the freezing cold and blustery JF stand, which also has the tightest turnstiles ever! I don't think it is totally unreasonable to feel somewhat aggrieved at the attitudes prevalent in the boardroom towards loyal supporters.

Bastards!

5 minutes ago, owdumer said:

Over the last few years I have been kicked out of the Chaddy, evicted from the 100 club and then ousted completely from the JRS. 

The main stand leg room is totally inadequate for someone of my stature, which leaves one alternative - the freezing cold and blustery JF stand, which also has the tightest turnstiles ever! I don't think it is totally unreasonable to feel somewhat aggrieved at the attitudes prevalent in the boardroom towards loyal supporters.

Bastards!

On the bright side, at least everyone (all that’s gonna be left) will be in the 100 club. 

14 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I did, I tried the Main stand but the legroom is non existent and also the Rochdale Rd. I like you, prefer to sit level with the half way line which is why I chose the seat in the JRS.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:27 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

On the bright side, at least everyone (all that’s gonna be left) will be in the 100 club. 

Has the 100 club reached double figures yet? Even with current Club Directors...?

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

That would certainly grab someone’s attention 🤔

I know if this was a course of action planned the club would get wind of it and prevent it happening. Having said that this is a brilliant idea and I would be prepared to break my home attendance boycott to participate. 

16 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

What’s to stop us going back into the Chaddy Road end? I’m sure a few feathers would be ruffled if two or three hundred of us just rocked up and paid into the our ‘home’ end. 

I like this better, you can’t just trespass on the pitch. It would have to be with the respect of the away team IMO. Someone like Leyton Orient. Obviously that would be next season tho. Dunno. 

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I like this better, you can’t just trespass on the pitch. It would have to be with the respect of the away team IMO. Someone like Leyton Orient. Obviously that would be next season tho. Dunno. 

Dunno....sums it up

True, the police would be called and the game probably wouldnt go ahead.

2 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

What’s to stop us going back into the Chaddy Road end? I’m sure a few feathers would be ruffled if two or three hundred of us just rocked up and paid into the our ‘home’ end. 

You can't just pay into the Chaddy anymore. It's a cashless entry these days. 

It might work for those who don't go to the ticket office regularly and have a relatively neutral accent. I'd guesstimate a 20% success rate. 

It might be better to buy from the away club in advance. That way Oldham only get £17.10 not £20.

11 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If it's done before kick off after the players have done their pre match warm ups, only an idea. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

If it's done before kick off after the players have done their pre match warm ups, only an idea. 

Then they would be turfed out and have to scramble to find good seats elsewhere.

15 hours ago, disjointed said:

I know if this was a course of action planned the club would get wind of it and prevent it happening. Having said that this is a brilliant idea and I would be prepared to break my home attendance boycott to participate. 

Perhaps if the club got wind of this, it might convince the club to sort out the farcical situation in order to prevent the embarrassment of this protest?

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Then they would be turfed out and have to scramble to find good seats elsewhere.

Not like there are a shortage of seats. 

If something  like this did happen surely the game couldn't go ahead as it would contravene health and safety having people sat in a dangerous stand. 

Archived