North Stand Shut by SAG

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If something  like this did happen surely the game couldn't go ahead as it would contravene health and safety having people sat in a dangerous stand. 

What if it was done at half-time. Cross pitch or walk around pitch (is that more legal?) en mass  into the N Stand from Main Stand/RRE, protest for 5 mins, then return well before 2nd half is due to start.

What would be the repercussions?   Game called off/abandoned - offending supporters banned from ground - club fined...  Or maybe the threat of it would spark some action into ALMoBO to sit down with the OEC and sort out the sorry mess without the OEC having to sign some stupid document 1st.

58 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Not like there are a shortage of seats. 

If something  like this did happen surely the game couldn't go ahead as it would contravene health and safety having people sat in a dangerous stand. 

Surely the faults will have been rectified now by the stand owners, if not then perhaps they could be called to account  for failing to heed a Council H&S directive?

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Sometimes it's hard to imagine we had the biggest contingent at Peterloo....

Similar thoughts were going through my head too tbh, Harry (although I was mentally comparing with the suffragettes). We are a placid set of fans aren't we?

I`m all for a peaceful mass protest, which doesn't give the authorities chance to particularly victimise individuals. I`d quite happily chain myself to the goalposts (as part of a mass protest) if it would help to jolt the club from its inertia.

But as you intimate, Harry, we seem to be frightened of our own shadows! I still say the best message would be a virtually empty BP, but I`ve given up hope of that this season. Next season, though, if nothing's changed I think season ticket sales will be down significantly and arranging a "mass boycott" for a game might be much more successful.

I honestly think a lot of people are currently of the mind "I`ve paid for my season ticket, so I`m attending". 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

They have been resolved apparently. 

AL & MO don't want to re-open the stand, it would appear

Makes perfect sense to me. 

After skipping a few rental payments and being called out, why on earth would these people  now want to settle the matter and start paying the rent  again. Home form is dire. Attendances down to around 3,000 and likely to worsen, swallowed by the two other stands. Selling a few more pints and pies for their benefit is also another benefit for these cheapskate owners. They appear comfortable denying paid - up supporters their chosen seat, without a by-your-leave or any sign of embarrassment. 

There isn’t a single positive I can think of for them to reopen the North Stand. Played for and got is my view. 

7 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Makes perfect sense to me. 

After skipping a few rental payments and being called out, why on earth would these people  now want to settle the matter and start paying the rent  again. Home form is dire. Attendances down to around 3,000 and likely to worsen, swallowed by the two other stands. Selling a few more pints and pies for their benefit is also another benefit for these cheapskate owners. They appear comfortable denying paid - up supporters their chosen seat, without a by-your-leave or any sign of embarrassment. 

There isn’t a single positive I can think of for them to reopen the North Stand. Played for and got is my view. 

Well apart from the fact its bad financially, commercially and from a PR point of view I cant see any positive for them closing it.

Oh and the rent is for the entire ground you do realise this don't you.

Brassbank (Blitz and Gazal) own the North Stand 

The OEC / FLG manage the North Stand on behalf of Brassbank 

If the SAG requirements to allow the North Stand to be reopened have been completed and signed off as such by the SAG, lets have a statement as such from Brassbank/FLG/OEC 

Otherwise we can only assume the North Stand is not fit for match days 

12 minutes ago, tGWB said:

If the SAG requirements to allow the North Stand to be reopened have been completed and signed off as such by the SAG, lets have a statement as such from Brassbank/FLG/OEC 

We all know its fit for match days regardless it just Abdullah being a moron.

14 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Tbe SAG are not going to sign off the bits from OEC though, it's all or nothing. 

I'll bet it's waiting on the club, dragging it's heels and disputing what it is responsible for. 

Dangerous to assume... 

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Tbe SAG are not going to sign off the bits from OEC though, it's all or nothing. 

I'll bet it's waiting on the club, dragging it's heels and disputing what it is responsible for. 

Dangerous to assume... 

You're just guessing singe, just like the rest of us

If Brassbank / FLG / OEC have completed the works required by the SAG, they should flag it, to us, the fans as such with a public statement

Why wouldn't you if you had and take the morale high ground 

3 hours ago, singe said:

Dangerous to assume... 

That doesn’t really make any sense. It’s either ready for use or it isn’t. 

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well apart from the fact its bad financially, commercially and from a PR point of view I cant see any positive for them closing it.

Oh and the rent is for the entire ground you do realise this don't you.

I don’t pretend to realise anything the owners do or say is based on sound business principles. 

I do realise, as a Season Ticket holder and based on the last 3 seasons, input by the owners has been shambolic and disastrous,   including their buying of the club and the terms agreed. 

Knowing none, some or all of the ‘facts’ doesn’t help any fan to understand what has been going on. Not forgetting the elements of hearsay and rumour. 

I would love to have been privy to their initial, private talks on buying an English football club. Specifically, what’s in it for them. 

After 3yrs we have a taste of what’s in it for us. 

Archived