North Stand Shut by SAG

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We all know its fit for match days regardless it just Abdullah being a moron.

Just?

Before AL even came it was costing us money even tho it's not even ours. Possibly even a chance this is the one time AL has been in the right!!!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Where has that been made public?

it’s in my memory... but I can’t remember where from. I thought he originally wanted £7m but will now take about £4m in the FLG deal as the unused land has been taken out??

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Do you think Blitz should get his £7m?  It is £7m he wants isn’t it?  Do you think it’s a fair price? 

Thing that is hogwash if the stand was not there how much as an owner would you spend to build one to fit within the income streams?

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

it’s in my memory... but I can’t remember where from. I thought he originally wanted £7m but will now take about £4m in the FLG deal as the unused land has been taken out??

probably from someone saying it on here, now a 'fact'....

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Payment plan from FLG?  They need supporters to ‘subscribe’ don’t they? FLG don’t have the funds. 

That wasn’t the impression I got. I don’t think they’ve said anywhere that they can’t buy anything without fan contributions? I may be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It’s been known to happen. Can you point me to where that’s been said? 

Blitz announced (on the Latics podcast) some kind of share offer would be “launched in the new year” in conjunction with the FLG allowing fans to buy shares to enable the sale to proceed.  No one person owning more than 10% I recall. 

....but you are right, they originally (in June 2019) said they would buy and THEN offer shares. 

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Blitz announced (on the Latics podcast) some kind of share offer would be “launched in the new year” in conjunction with the FLG allowing fans to buy shares to enable the sale to proceed.  No one person owning more than 10% I recall. 

....but you are right, they originally (in June 2019) said they would buy and THEN offer shares. 

Cheers, will listen to that again. I was going off what was announced last year as I didn’t recall that position changing. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Cheers, will listen to that again. I was going off what was announced last year as I didn’t recall that position changing. 

Just had a listen. Episode 21 about 32 minutes in. End of Feb launch, will need at least 1000 to 1500 fans to buy in. No one person more than 10%.  

Now, let’s assume he wants his £3.8m (as stated) and lets further assume he wants that over 4 years interest free (as stated) and let’s say that he and each of the three FLG put in max 10% or 380k each (doubt at least two of them have it), then thats £1.14m.  So the remaining £2.66m between 1500 fans is around £1800 each over 4 years. Not a massive amount, but there needs to be an awful lot of clarity and transparency. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Just had a listen. Episode 21 about 32 minutes in. End of Feb launch, will need at least 1000 to 1500 fans to buy in. No one person more than 10%.  

Now, let’s assume he wants his £3.8m (as stated) and lets further assume he wants that over 4 years interest free (as stated) and let’s say that he and each of the three FLG put in max 10% or 380k each (doubt at least two of them have it), then thats £1.2m.  So the remaining £2.6m (approx) between 1500 fans is around £1800 each over 4 years. Not a massive amount, but there needs to be an awful lot of clarity and transparency. 

Listened now also. It certainly needs clearing up to have gone from supposedly fully funded to needing the fans. Unless part of the original payment plan included an assumed general fan contribution. 

We shall see, hopefully all cleared up later this month but looks like a lot may hinge on how many 10% contributors there are. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Listened now also. It certainly needs clearing up to have gone from supposedly fully funded to needing the fans. Unless part of the original payment plan included an assumed general fan contribution. 

We shall see, hopefully all cleared up later this month but looks like a lot may hinge on how many 10% contributors there are. 

Yes. 

14 hours ago, tGWB said:

You're just guessing singe, just like the rest of us

If Brassbank / FLG / OEC have completed the works required by the SAG, they should flag it, to us, the fans as such with a public statement

Why wouldn't you if you had and take the morale high ground 

10 hours ago, kowenicki said:

That doesn’t really make any sense. It’s either ready for use or it isn’t. 

There is a bit if knowledge and a bit of educated guesswork. 

Some will be Blitz, some FLG, some AL. Some likely disputed. 

Some has been completed. 

On 2/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, Monty Burns said:

Just?

Before AL even came it was costing us money even tho it's not even ours. Possibly even a chance this is the one time AL has been in the right!!!

On 2/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, Monty Burns said:

we can all chip in to build it and then all chip in again to buy it. good at this shit is blitz.

then we can all pay again to sit in it 😂

This is where you're wrong. The money to pay for the stand came from the council who refunded us due to the failsworth debacable or Simon Blitz for the stand the rest was begged stolen and borrowed from Corney. 

The whole ground was bought by Blitz and Gazal in 2004 off the council and put in a seperate company under a long term lease which was renewed in 2011 until 2020.

When the new stand was built we outsourced the catering to the OEC lm like all football clubs and like we have done in the main stand to the quirky catering company.

For the north stand Oldham Athletic pays a ground rent to Brasbank OAFC then outsources the catering facilities for a fee to OEC like all football clubs do OAFC also takes income from the turnstiles 1000 season ticket holders paying £300 a time so whats that £300,000 and the boxes 10 of which which were going for over £10k a season. So shutting them is cost us another £100k a season.

While we dont take every penny from the north stand. You are wrong to assume that it just costs us money. Its beneficial to us from a financial point of view to have it open. 

When he completed the purchase of the club in 2018 Abdallah Lemsagam knew all about this so to do did his incompetent side kick Barry Owen they knew what they were taking on and tgat it was there responsibility they are just looking for someone to blame as they are failing miserably at running a football club.

Archived