North Stand Shut by SAG

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, al_bro said:

It now gets even more ridiculous. Away fans now have to go to the very small ticket office before the game to get a ticket if they haven't already got one, as the Chaddy is now cashless. I know this happens at some other clubs, but our ticket office just isn't big enough.

The club is run like a piss up, but this happens everywhere we go

Can I remind people how uncomfortable the seats are in the MSU!  However given the likely attendance on a cold wet Tuesday evening everyone could fit in either the Main Stand (Upper & Lower) or the JF.

I wonder if the inspector who called to look at the Joe Royle will pop round again to look at the Main Stand on Tuesday so we can all go and sit in the JF on Satueday.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder what fuck up the club can come up with next. If any normal, everyday business was run the way OAFC is, they'd not last very long.

I have a feeling my season ticket at Bath City is getting ever closer unless something dramatic happens at BP that makes me want to continue supporting (from a distance) my hometown club.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 6:28 PM, BP1960 said:

And the Chaddy road end roof has had problems hasn't it?

Can see after the Bradford game we will be down to 2 stands for the rest of the season, away fans in the small section of the JF or MSL

So they’ve confirmed it’ll be closed tomorrow, with an apology but no offer of compensation such as a drink voucher or free programme for those fans being shafted. But they do make sure they point people toward the t&cs in case anyone is thinking of asking for their money back. 

This feels like one of those customer service things they’ll need to “learn from” by the time of the next fans forum. Shambolic. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

So they’ve confirmed it’ll be closed tomorrow, with an apology but no offer of compensation such as a drink voucher or free programme for those fans being shafted. But they do make sure they point people toward the t&cs in case anyone is thinking of asking for their money back. 

This feels like one of those customer service things they’ll need to “learn from” by the time of the next fans forum. Shambolic. 

Us RRE lads got shafted plenty in the post Lookers Stand era.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Us RRE lads got shafted plenty in the post Lookers Stand era.

And we were guaranteed first pick of the seats when the new stand was built.......still waiting, .........doesn’t really matter at the moment though 

5 hours ago, mick26 said:

Confirmed that Abdallah, Mo and Baz are useless, spiteful bastards #abdallahout

According to the (so called) 'Realistic Oldham Athletic Supporters Group' on Facebook, the North Stand closure is the fault of PTB, OEC, and Brassbank!

:petesake:

7 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

According to the 'Realistic Oldham Athletic Supporters Group' on Facebook, the North Stand closure is the fault of PTB, OEC, and Brassbank.

Delusional knobheads - how is any of this the fault of the fans???? PTB are after all a group of fans …..FFS

We are in the midst of the worst season in living memory, haven't won in 7, playing atrocious football, look like money is in very short supply, the club in turmoil and disagree with the landlords ……..and you blame PTB? Grow up  - PTB has actually reported that it is willing to act as mediators if both parties agree - how does that make them at fault in any form regarding the closure of the North Stand?

Unbelievable, I have heard it all now !!! 

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

According to the (so called) 'Realistic Oldham Athletic Supporters Group' on Facebook, the North Stand closure is the fault of PTB, OEC, and Brassbank!

:petesake:

Interesting that they’ve posted it on a secret group that we can’t reply to. 

25 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

What happens if the Floodlights along the top of the JRS are switched off if the stand is shut? Will the ref deem it too dark to play? 

What if a ball boy spontaneously combusts? 

The stand being closed to the public doesn't mean no-one is allowed in there. 

7 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Hes sending u letter the complete tool! The usual crew Carol grieves and halliwell, plus aload of other headless chickens have requested there name to be added to the letter. Basically saying when they signed up to the ptb, that didnt give u a mandate to boycott on thier behalf. These people now want their names removing from signing up to ptb. I can imagine that 90% never signed up in the first place! 

26 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hes sending u letter the complete tool! The usual crew Carol grieves and halliwell, plus aload of other headless chickens have requested there name to be added to the letter. Basically saying when they signed up to the ptb, that didnt give u a mandate to boycott on thier behalf. These people now want their names removing from signing up to ptb. I can imagine that 90% never signed up in the first place! 

I am surprised that the individuals signed up to PTB and even more surprised that they are looking to take the opportunity to publicly state that they did so. Signing up was a way of stating that you agreed with what was in the original letter. I find it refreshing that the people we are talking about did agree with the letter.

8 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

It’s not secret . Sign up like I did . 
No statement of support but interesting to hear other perspectives 

"But they do make sure they point people toward the t&cs in case anyone is thinking of asking for their money back"

I don't recall being provided with such terms and conditions when I bought my season ticket on the phone.  In any event I also doubt that I can pow be provided with an "equivalent seat in another area of Boundary Park" as per the website.  I have a 100 club seat with padded luxury in the top 4 rows at the middle of the stand.  Money back please you clowns.

8 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

13 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

It’s not secret . Sign up like I did . 
No statement of support but interesting to hear other perspectives 

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I've tried in the past and been rejected.

I signed up earlier this season as I was encouraged by the group’s title. Realistic? The group is anything but realistic- I eventually dropped out as I saw no value in being a member or worth from the group whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I signed up earlier this season as I was encouraged by the group’s title. Realistic? The group is anything but realistic- I eventually dropped out as I saw no value in being a member or worth from the group whatsoever.

Surprised by that Big D, thought it would have been right up your street... 🤪 

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

What happens if the Floodlights along the top of the JRS are switched off if the stand is shut? Will the ref deem it too dark to play? 

This is a concern for the club...if they are denied access to turn them on then the game won’t happen. Can’t see the FLG or whoever the hell runs that place letting that happen surly if that love the club we’d have points deducted. 

Archived