Salford (A)

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Iacovitti - fuck off

N'Guessan - fuck off

How Borthwick-Jackson doesn't start ahead of him with Hamer CB and Mills RB I have no idea.

How N'Guessan starts over Missile, I have no idea

How Dearnley or Wilson don't get the nod over Azankpo, I have no idea

Dino, sort this shit out

This, this, this and this. 

Absolutely bizarre team selection. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players signed in this window should be good enough to go straight in...we do not need squad fillers at this stage.....FFS!!!! This club’s management from top to bottom just pisses me right off!

************ABDALLAH OUT************

3 hours ago, Hands on said:

Rowe is another striker who needs a partner.  His inclination in game one was to drop off in the unlikely event that somebody would pass the ball to him so he could give it the a wack - I'm not saying they won't today because Dino has had a whole week to remind them.  Playing him up front on his own is a sort of oxymoron.

It was one match. 

Have you ever seen him play before?

No but I have seen the video of the goals he scores.

He spent the last game in the area between the half way line and the edge of the box because I assume that was where with his lack of pace he felt most comfortable..  Obviously there were times when he strayed forward a little and back to defend (he didn't show much aptitude as a defender) corners and free kicks for the Dino everyone back.  He had on my count two opportunities to run onto the ball and hit it otherwise it was coming to him with his back to goal or passed to him when he was closely marked - one shot missed to the left and the other nearly felled the defender who got in the way.

We've bought a 30 year old goal scorer.  If the team isn't set up to play to his strengths why buy him.

1-0 Salford

De la Paz saves twice from penalty and then they bundle it over (looked suspicious for handball). 

Didn't see the penalty incident, so can't comment on that. 

We've been awful down the left. Iacovitti has found a blue shirt once in seven attempts, including four throw ins. He can't play the second half. 

Sylla has been terrible too. 

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

1-0 Salford

De la Paz saves twice from penalty and then they bundle it over (looked suspicious for handball). 

Didn't see the penalty incident, so can't comment on that. 

We've been awful down the left. Iacovitti has found a blue shirt once in seven attempts, including four throw ins. He can't play the second half. 

Sylla has been terrible too. 

Sounds Electric. 

I thought the new left back must have just arrived hence him being on the bench. 

But commentator has said he’s been training with us for weeks. So Dino sticks him on the bench and plays Iacovitti instead? Baffling. Or not that baffling, depending on who you believe. 

Archived