Mansfield (H) Tuesday

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Just got back, that midfield looked good tonight, I would have given Sylla MOM but fair to Missilou too.

Piergianni is exactly what we need at the back too.

Cant recall last time I walked back to my car with a smile on  my face.

My thoughts exactly. I actually enjoyed a game at last! We were very good. Sylla outstanding with Missilou close behind for my money. Piergianni looks to be very much in the Clarke mould. Wins pretty much every header. Promising signs tonight if we can get a settled side and attack teams like that. Well done Dino 👍👍

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

My thoughts exactly. I actually enjoyed a game at last! We were very good. Sylla outstanding with Missilou close behind for my money. Piergianni looks to be very much in the Clarke mould. Wins pretty much every header. Promising signs tonight if we can get a settled side and attack teams like that. Well done Dino 👍👍

Piergianni talks at the back Gary and looks to be an organiser. If he can do for Latics what Lockwood did when Lee Johnson had gone, will be well satisfied. Strong spine to the team tonight, plenty of width and looked and played like a team and not a shapeless mess. Far far better. Looked like Dino maybe picked a side to try and win instead of trying to contain?    All 11 fine tonight    

26 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Did we play well or them shit or a bit of both 

They weren't bad, but all our players were up for it from the start, passing and support play was much better and although Rowe didn't score his approach play was a delight to watch. Looks to have found a good partner in Dearnley who ran their defence ragged in more dangerous areas than Segbe or Wilson. Not done so yet, but looks like he will score goals.

It's a cinch - you just play 4 4 2 with a decent striker.  The threat is always there and the team know that the ball isn't always going to come straight back.

Best performance of the year because Dino picked the team that most of us would have got close to.  Borthwick-Jackson started nervously but improved.  Missilou, not my man of the match, got about a lot but Sylla, my man of the match, seems not only to have stopped making daft tackles but also to read the game well.

A team performance with no weak links.  Same again Dino.

18 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Lets not get too carried away, we should be capable of beating every team in league two..Thats our first win since Boxing Day...

Lets see how we measure up against Bradford on Saturday..

I know i Sound a bit like Victor Meldrew...

Bradford away form is dreadful. Easy 3 points... 😬😁

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sylla was really good tonight, called the lad a raffle winner in the past. I personally wouldn’t have him in the team if we where to be challenging but did well tonight. 

The players looked at ease with the formation for probably the first time this season. Each player knew his job and did it well. 

Looked a team at last.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The players looked at ease with the formation for probably the first time this season. Each player knew his job and did it well. 

Looked a team at last.

And there it is 442, they knew where they were and what was required of them!

6 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Injury worry with Zeus at the end.

Nah. This is a Dino thing. Time wasting. Always around same time. Good in the fact keeper can't be sent to touchline for treatment. Never had a real injury that kid. Just not seen it for ages cos we haven't been in front 

Archived