Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
youngen

Free tickets for Mansfield game?

Recommended Posts

My mum is a season ticket holder in RRE, and she bizarrely received 2 free tickets for the George Hill upper for Mansfield game through the post at the weekend without any explanation attached. It's a nice gesture I suppose, but it's just strange that the club would do this. Has anyone else received them and any idea as to why these tickets have been sent out?

Especially given the fact that the George Hill upper now needs to deal with the North Stand ST holders, which could now become overcrowded?

 

My current negative mindset to the stupid tactics employed by the clubs owners of recent time just makes me question is it a "improve attendance figures to make things seem rosy" idea or is it actually the start of some good will to try and encourage fans back to games that would otherwise be poor attendances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's happened for previous games too - clear attempt to boost attendance numbers. Not a bad strategy per se, just badly executed, as is always the way with OAFC.

 

Some apologists will claim you're lying, no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

It's happened for previous games too - clear attempt to boost attendance numbers. Not a bad strategy per se, just badly executed, as is always the way with OAFC.

 

Some apologists will claim you're lying, no doubt.

That's nice of them, would love to hear from them. 

 

I agree about the strategy. Even a note saying something along the lines of "as a loyal fan, we would love for you to share your experience with 2 friends" would have made sense. But nothing, just 2 tickets in an envelope. Just seems very weird.

 

She will call the club today to make sure they weren't incorrectly sent to her though.

Edited by youngen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Main Stand upper is "sold out". It will keep disgruntled North Stand season ticket holders from getting close to the Directors` box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Some apologists will claim you're lying, no doubt.

 

12 minutes ago, youngen said:

That's nice of them, would love to hear from them. 


Classic forum interaction.


* Waits to see how long it is before the original post becomes FACT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, youngen said:

That's nice of them, would love to hear from them. 

 

I agree about the strategy. Even a note saying something along the lines of "as a loyal fan, we would love for you to share your experience with 2 friends" would have made sense. But nothing, just 2 tickets in an envelope. Just seems very weird.

 

She will call the club today to make sure they weren't incorrectly sent to her though.

Maybe a secret admirer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngen said:

She will call the club today to make sure they weren't incorrectly sent to her though.

Hope she’s prepared for a long wait for somebody to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

 


Classic forum interaction.


* Waits to see how long it is before the original post becomes FACT.

 

 

Whittle will be here soon...

 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, whittles left foot said:

Moral minority/Agenda boys still maintaining its all free tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Maybe a secret admirer. 

 

Think anyone gifting someone 2 free Latics tickets is more like a sworn enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Maybe a secret admirer. 

Barry may be wanting to test his helmet out, Youngen's mum on the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 tickets in the msu tomorrow night, definitely worth more than a fiver, could be fun in there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Barry may be wanting to test his helmet out, Youngen's mum on the radar.

 

The mere thought would be enough to chain her legs shut legs tighter than a North Stand fire door.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

It's happened for previous games too - clear attempt to boost attendance numbers. Not a bad strategy per se, just badly executed, as is always the way with OAFC.

 

Some apologists will claim you're lying, no doubt.

So you have had 14hrs and still only one poster having been given 2 free tickets explains crowd increased by several hundred-just like the last time.

Then admits it is a good strategy.

Doubt it will make much difference tomorrow though.

I see that 'apologist' is seen as the new supposed insult adopted by the moral minority first started by yarddog73 and then adopted by wiseowl and now yourself. Always the safe bet following the herd.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So you have had 14hrs and still only one poster having been given 2 free tickets explains crowd increased by several hundred-just like the last time.

Give over whittles, you're being very silly now - we've had this debate on the "miracle" Salford home attendance.

 

We will see the impact of the current state of affairs when season tickets go on sale for next season.

 

If nothing changes, then, if the anecdotal evidence I`m hearing is correct (from some very long-standing supporters) sycophants like yourself (see, not apologist this time) will be shocked at how this regime has stripped our support to the absolute bone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Give over whittles, you're being very silly now - we've had this debate on the "miracle" Salford home attendance.

 

We will see the impact of the current state of affairs when season tickets go on sale for next season.

 

If nothing changes, then, if the anecdotal evidence I`m hearing is correct (from some very long-standing supporters) sycophants like yourself (see, not apologist this time) will be shocked at how this regime has stripped our support to the absolute bone.

My first season ticket in 1974. I won't be renewing if this regime is in place. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...