Latics could be kicked out of BP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) Don't buy the Sun. 

2.) The journo is Ken Lawrence who did the expose just before Northampton about AL's dressing room antics. He appears to have been tipped off by someone at least pally with Blitz...

3.) All that being said we all know that there's a modicum of truth involved. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

3.) All that being said we all know that there's a modicum of truth involved. 

....of course there is.... you can ignore it on moral grounds - for which I have much sympathy/empathy.... but the basic maths are, our landlord is a monumental cunt and our owner is a fookin bell end.

I'm not clued up in the law, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's under police investigation for monies owed or missing or ownership debates etc, no other court action can take place as blitz cud evict us and then be found to have no legal rights or owe money himself etc. Obviously the north stand issue is fucked up either way ur support goes, but the sun are such shocking reporters its unreal. Cash strapped club..... a few sentences later..... wage bill has tripled. And they have 56 players on the books. Contradiction is enormous.  Theres unwanted goings on regarding the north stand but I would take anythin the sun said with a bag full of salt never mind a pinch

"In his interview with SunSport, Lemsagam declared: “If you want the big picture there is £5.2m missing in the club and we are fighting to get it back.

“The North Stand is owned by Brass Bank but built with the money of Oldham Athletic.”

Lemsagam’s claims sparked a two-month investigation by SunSport.

We have since been shown detailed legal and financial documents strongly suggesting  that Blitz and Brass Bank acted  lawfully."

8 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'm not clued up in the law, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's under police investigation for monies owed or missing or ownership debates etc, no other court action can take place as blitz cud evict us and then be found to have no legal rights or owe money himself etc. Obviously the north stand issue is fucked up either way ur support goes, but the sun are such shocking reporters its unreal. Cash strapped club..... a few sentences later..... wage bill has tripled. And they have 56 players on the books. Contradiction is enormous.  Theres unwanted goings on regarding the north stand but I would take anythin the sun said with a bag full of salt never mind a pinch

How long do you think the police investigation will last? We all know what happened, so it's pretty tenuous. 

The Sun is the Sun, not a paper I'd touch with a bargepole, but Ken Lawrence doesn't seem to fit their template. 

The cash strapped and tripled wage bill are not mutually exclusive. Corney said he tripled the wage bill at takeover 2 and a half years ago, with the likes of Menig. We've obviously not sold lots of players at huge profit, but paid them off. 

He's not paying his bills. He's said he's spending 200k a month. 

I'd think the 56 is the player numbers and should read the 56th player signed, not on the books. Agree it's not really correct, but I suggest that shouldn't be the main takeaway from the article. 

No point trying to discredit the article on that basis, when they've seen all the paperwork. Especially as AL's due dilligence by Morrallee seems might not have been so thorough. (He claimed to have only just heard about the Lancaster Club 2 years after his due diligence ) 

He owes Blitz £8m +£500k unpaid bills, Blitz could turn the screw anytime, yet he keeps attacking and pissing Blitz off.

He has a track record of slating people he does business with, only for then to provide a few facts or opinions on him that embarrass him. 

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

If only 10% of the article was true it would still be depressing but I suspect it’s closer to the truth than we would like to admit which is very worrying

Apart from Cormey's 22% I suspect that's pretty much bang on. Is there even a police investigation going on? They don't investigate everything that's reported to them.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Corney’s claim that he has an agreement with AL, for a certain period of time, that he would get half of any transfer fee !!

I'd have thought you can't own or part own players or use them in a syndicate.

Nothing new in the article and whilst this is probably some jobbo rather than Lawrence, investigative journalism when down the pan by showing a picture of Alan Hardy when naming Blitz.

Lawrence has been quite sympathetic of our plight so the column inches doesn’t harm raising our profile that one or two individuals can destroy a football club/community that has lasted over 100 years prior to either of their involvement.

Too many factors involved for my brain at 9am on a Friday to work out whether us going into administration is good or bad.  It will rid us of Lemsagam but what’s then the legacy?  Can Blitz be trusted to sell us onto a better owner...or is it the lottery of administrators finding a new owner anyway?!

The threat wouldn’t exist if AL paid the bills he agreed to. Or if he had a valid case that he doesn’t owe the amount claimed. 

It seems he isn’t and he doesn’t.

It’s hard to know what’d be best when we don’t have all the facts but if it was admin and a 12 point deduction now, AL and his regime out, FLG buy the club off Blitz for a quid and the fans come together to try and fight for our place in the league this season then it’s a risk worth taking and it’d get my vote. 

AL and his trusted advisors (MoBO) don’t care about the fans. That’s clear from this JR stand episode. So the sooner they go before they can cause irreversible damage the better. 

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Too many factors involved for my brain at 9am on a Friday to work out whether us going into administration is good or bad.  It will rid us of Lemsagam but what’s then the legacy?  Can Blitz be trusted to sell us onto a better owner...or is it the lottery of administrators finding a new owner anyway?!

Going into Administration right now would mean a 12 point deduction. This would leave us bottom of the league.by one point and staring at  the abyss. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Going into Administration right now would mean a 12 point deduction. This would leave us bottom of the league.by one point and staring at  the abyss. 

If it saves the club from a Bury type fate and rids us of the Lemmies is relegation the end of the world? I think i'd take a new start in the NL over continuing the pain of the last couple of years.

The only news in there, if it's true, is that Blitz is consulting administrators. And that's not a surprise in the light of what he said the other week.

Limited value in putting us in administration now, far better to do it at the end of the season when he can have a fire sale of anybody with any value whatsoever.

I suspect it's a tip off from Blitz trying to get some movement on the North Stand shambles/debts generally, which seems perfectly reasonable. 

Archived