Bradford City (H)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoroughly deserved 3 points. Rowe and Periganni have been top additions to this squad.. Mauoche was fantastic when he came on, 3 very good goals and a clean sheet,  we cant ask for more than that.. Its a huge pat on the back to  all concerned 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good atmosphere too. Very enjoyable afternoon. 

Not sure it was quite so pleasant in the Chaddy 😂

Piergiani has made a big difference. He’s not only solid but Wheater finally looks like he has some confidence in the bloke playing alongside him. 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

For a player who has spent all his career in non league Rowe looks a class above this division.

Really? What are his strengths? It’s not pace, heading prowess , or speed of thought or action......genuinely interested in your thoughts

1 minute ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Not sure it was quite so pleasant in the Chaddy 😂

Piergiani has made a big difference. He’s not only solid but Wheater finally looks like he has some confidence in the bloke playing alongside him. 

100%. Piergiani wins everything and that must be helping Wheater to concentrate a bit more on his own game, rather than walking someone else through the game. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What are you trying to say here? 

Nothing in particular just Interested in people’s opinions.....if I am honest I can see reasons why he hasn’t played at a higher level...no great pace no heading ability and at times ponderous.and gives the ball away more than we would like....he has strengths too and could do well at this level but I am not convinced by BP 1960 assertion he is a class apart. Hence my question

Just now, Phoenix said:

Nothing in particular just Interested in people’s opinions.....if I am honest I can see reasons why he hasn’t played at a higher level...no great pace no heading ability and at times ponderous.and gives the ball away more than we would like....he has strengths too and could do well at this level but I am not convinced by BP 1960 assertion he is a class apart. Hence my question

Today first time I've noticed him give it away, late in game when no doubt tired.

Shit header to flick it on for Maouche ye?

If your positioning is good you don't necessarily need pace.

Anyway, in summary, shit question and for once I'm with BP1960 on this one

Great performance - again!

Partnerships really taking shape. Wheater and  Piergiani won everything and Sylla was brilliant in a middle abley supported by Missile. WE bossed the middle of the park again

Dearnly looked to be linking well with Rowe again - hope the injury isn't too serious he looks much better as an out and out forward than he ever did as a winger.

Smith great goal again and really but for some good goal keeping second half we should have had more.

Rowes ability to twist and turn and then unleash powerful shots should see him getting on the score sheet. He's not  a classic latics forward 100% work rate and little end product - he will do for us. He's better than most of the other striking options we have

Hopefully we can continue in this vein of form. I was surprised he brought MM on I thought it was a poor decision as 442 was working well for us but in fairness he came on and played really well. 

4 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Also anyone booing Taylor needs to have a word. Fan of the club who played over 250 games for us. Any other club and he’d get a great reception. Proper weird mentality. 

Did he get much grief? If so I didnt hear it.apart from one guy near me call him a ginger t but hes a numpty anyway so doesnt count.🙂

29 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Really? What are his strengths? It’s not pace, heading prowess , or speed of thought or action......genuinely interested in your thoughts

You haven't been to the last 2 games then, they tell it all.

5 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Also anyone booing Taylor needs to have a word. Fan of the club who played over 250 games for us. Any other club and he’d get a great reception. Proper weird mentality. 

He got an applause at the start of the game and I didn’t hear any booing from the main stand. 

We can allow a boo though when he went down screaming like a tart! 

Archived