• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are getting excited, and rightly, a match thread started on a Tuesday.

Barring 2 or 3 games this season it’s been exactly like that....shite!!!   Goals conceded are quite often the result of defensive mistakes however adopting those tactics for the last 2

Defeat was down to Dino there. The last 20 minutes we sat too deep and were  crying out for a midfielder who could put his foot on the ball. No change other than the ineffective Branger for Maouche. T

Posted Images

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Sat right behind it. One of them that you knew as soon as he hit it, it was in. 

Jesus.

The days of playing Huddersfield. 😩

Like Simpsons screamer at Liverpool

I was right in line and knew the free kick by Baxter in the cup tie at Forest was going in before he’d even hit it.......Oh!!!.....for days like that to return🙏

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

All Latics fans over 40 were brilliant footballers when they were young.

My career peaked at the age of 10 when smashing a hat-trick in against Scouthead.

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Brief but memorable success representing Oldham 7th Leesfield Cubs in 5-a-side late 70's

Happy days

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Faces in the mud, kicked to bits and we still found the net at the end of it 👍

I once floated one in from a corner and that's about as good as it ever got 😂

26 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Faces in the mud, kicked to bits and we still found the net at the end of it 👍

I once floated one in from a corner and that's about as good as it ever got 😂

I also scored direct from a corner on Clayton playing fields, I think that the gale force wind may have played a small part. 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I also scored direct from a corner on Clayton playing fields, I think that the gale force wind may have played a small part. 

Either that or Goram was guesting for the opposition the day after the Cardiff game?

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I wasn't. I was a proud member of the 1974/75 High Barn Junior School team whose best result of the season was losing 8 -1, it was the only goal I can recall us scoring. Didn't help our goalie being 3 foot 2" and playing in full size nets.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And the goal from in my own half vs the supporters association! 

1 hour ago, cheshireblue said:

I wasn't. I was a proud member of the 1974/75 High Barn Junior School team whose best result of the season was losing 8 -1, it was the only goal I can recall us scoring. Didn't help our goalie being 3 foot 2" and playing in full size nets.

We’ve all had trials lads...

• Like 1

Interesting snippet from Dino’s pre match talking about our defending from the front:

"When I sit with the lads and show them certain clips of the previous games, it's how Danny Rowe closes down, Jonny Smith tracking back and Maouche winning headers that give us that edge and on top of that the way they play as well.”

More of the same on Saturday please lads 😃

• Like 1
22 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I was right in line and knew the free kick by Baxter in the cup tie at Forest was going in before he’d even hit it.......Oh!!!.....for days like that to return🙏

We were pretty shocking that season... Didn't we not win for 2/3 months?

6 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

We were pretty shocking that season... Didn't we not win for 2/3 months?

Going into the Liverpool game I think we lost 7 out of 8 in the league we followed that up with a defeat at Walsall which saw Dickov get the boot. Not the best in the league the FA cup run made that season one of the more memorable ones of the last decade.

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Going into the Liverpool game I think we lost 7 out of 8 in the league we followed that up with a defeat at Walsall which saw Dickov get the boot. Not the best in the league the FA cup run made that season one of the more memorable ones of the last decade.

I went to that Walsall game. Walking round the ground before KO I saw Matt Smith doing an interview for radio I think and then amazingly saw Dickov walking towards me, hands in pockets and looking sad. He still smiled and said hello as a bunch of us shouted to him. Always appreciated him for that, and the way he punched the air a few days later in the TV studio as we stuffed the Scousers.