Crewe (A)

27 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Has Nepo shagged your ma or something? A bizarre dislike of a player who regularly chips in with goals and assists.

Hes played 35 games this season in all comps for both club and country has 3 goals and 1 assist.

Your idea of regularly and mine are very different.

2019-20 Stats

Johnny Smith on the other hand now he regularly gets goals and assists.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Well I have to disagree slightly with that as the first goal was caused by a foul which was never a foul and granted Zeus was also at fault , and the second was scored in the 98th minute ??? The max injury time was 3 mins so were did the other 5 come from ?

I agree, the quality of officials is pretty poor, but it still doesn't explain why we concede at such crucial times- five or so mins after celebrating our goal, then literally in the dying seconds of the game. Both those points of conceding tell a clear story about a teams resilience.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes played 35 games this season in all comps for both club and country has 3 goals and 1 assist.

Your idea of regularly and mine are very different.

2019-20 Stats

Johnny Smith on the other hand now he regularly gets goals and assists.

I can only refer to his games for Latics since his time here, not at Chesterfield as a full back.

7 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

How many games as a winger, and I guess to get an assist you need strikers who can score, regularly.

But the point you were making was that he regularly chips in with goals and assists he doesn't.

He's not a bad player but it depends what you are looking for. If you want to toil in the mid to lower reaches of league 2 he's fine. He will help you avoid relegation. If you want to go up be cant be a regular starter we probably need someone better.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But the point you were making was that he regularly chips in with goals and assists he doesn't.

He's not a bad player but it depends what you are looking for. If you want to toil in the mid to lower reaches of league 2 he's fine. He will help you avoid relegation. If you want to go up be cant be a regular starter we probably need someone better.

And he'd have had another assist in the first half if he'd played it through to Rowe unmarked in the the area instead of ballooning it way over the bar.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ok, I’ll change it to a regular contributor of goals and assists, apart from this season. This season at Latics when played as a winger he’s created goalscrong chances’ 😂 

I agree we’ll need better players if we’ve any genuine aspirations of challenging for promotion next season, especially in the attacking areas. 

30 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Very occasional? He’s not great he’s not a world beater. He’s.... meh. I’d like to see better quality. If we want to challenge next season we NEED better. 

I’m just so relieved I proof read the above before posting. My phone autocorrected great to white. It would have gone off here big time. 😳

Suspect that the Stoke radio commentary was biased based on comments here re the first half, I thought Crewe shaded it but no more than that, it wasn’t a very interesting game to that point.

great start from Latics in the second half with a beautifully weighted ball from Rowe (just about) to put Nepomuceno down the wing, a dummy I think from Maouche and a simple finish from Smith.

Crewe picked up the pace thereafter and whilst it looked unfair to me that Smith was deemed to have fouled they probably deserved to bring things level when they scored during the subsequent passage of play. A crucial mistake by the ref in my view and I think Smith got booked after for complaining. After that it really was all Crewe and we couldn’t keep the ball. If we had held on I would be commenting that we were resolute, defended well and that Crewe didn’t create enough to earn the three points. That they did so so late on was cruel on us but I couldn’t begrudge them the points.

Wheater and Pidge were dominant in the air and it’s a pity for us that they couldn’t make something happen for us at the other end. We had numerous long throws, free kicks, corners. Mills I thought was excellent at LB and Missilou and Sylla (especially) worked hard. Smith disappointing today unlike him and Nepomuceno not quite on it. Maouche (who was brilliant against Bradford in this role) struggled to influence but tried hard. Rowe played the game we were advised he would, little impact, slow, lost most headers but created our goal and so worth his place for that. Branger Engone didn’t look up to the pace to me. Our issue in this game is that we couldn’t keep the ball and invited pressure.

Don’t really like the finger pointing at Dino, he picked the side we would pick and he’s making progress.

1 hour ago, ceskylatic said:

Defeat was down to Dino there. The last 20 minutes we sat too deep and were  crying out for a midfielder who could put his foot on the ball. No change other than the ineffective Branger for Maouche. Terrible subs, or lack of them today. We could’ve come away with a draw away at 2nd if Dino had his head screwed on.

Absolutely bang on.

So 2 games set up to play attacking football and look to win which we do, followed by defensive, negative, time wasting tactics which sees us play badly and deservedly lose.

Awful that. Very poor.

Wish we'd stop those long throws too. Nothing ever comes from it, wastes possession 

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Suspect that the Stoke radio commentary was biased based on comments here re the first half, I thought Crewe shaded it but no more than that, it wasn’t a very interesting game to that point.

great start from Latics in the second half with a beautifully weighted ball from Rowe (just about) to put Nepomuceno down the wing, a dummy I think from Maouche and a simple finish from Smith.

Crewe picked up the pace thereafter and whilst it looked unfair to me that Smith was deemed to have fouled they probably deserved to bring things level when they scored during the subsequent passage of play. A crucial mistake by the ref in my view and I think Smith got booked after for complaining. After that it really was all Crewe and we couldn’t keep the ball. If we had held on I would be commenting that we were resolute, defended well and that Crewe didn’t create enough to earn the three points. That they did so so late on was cruel on us but I couldn’t begrudge them the points.

Wheater and Pidge were dominant in the air and it’s a pity for us that they couldn’t make something happen for us at the other end. We had numerous long throws, free kicks, corners. Mills I thought was excellent at LB and Missilou and Sylla (especially) worked hard. Smith disappointing today unlike him and Nepomuceno not quite on it. Maouche (who was brilliant against Bradford in this role) struggled to influence but tried hard. Rowe played the game we were advised he would, little impact, slow, lost most headers but created our goal and so worth his place for that. Branger Engone didn’t look up to the pace to me. Our issue in this game is that we couldn’t keep the ball and invited pressure.

Don’t really like the finger pointing at Dino, he picked the side we would pick and he’s making progress.

Back home now and although I agree with some of your points, I thought Missolou died too early in the second half and should have been replaced at the same time as Mouache or alternatively bring on a striker and drop Mouache into a holding midfielder but NcCann should have brought on and although Smith scored he was defending more than attacking and when he did attack 2 or 3 players closed him down on nearly every occassion so they knew who the danger was so I think you are unfair to him with that comment.

To me the problem lies firmly with Dino and his strange substitution and if he wanted to draw he could have even taken Rowe or Smith off in the last 15 as they were both worn out covering forward and defending and strengthened the midfield further....

Gutted...ruined my weekend apart from now off to Ashton to watch a Led Zeppelin tribute band!!!

Another last minute goal.Why is it I only feel confident if we are 2 up in injury time?

Time wasting  by us today cost us.

Only fun thing today was in the Cheshire  Arms when the bouncer was a dead ringer for Karl Robinson and Latics fans did not spare him.

The little cameo by Branger today summed him up as a footballer, he'd only been on the pitch 5 minutes when he gave the ball away and nonchalantly trotted back, he should have been busting a gut to cover for his mistake, I can't believe he was the best option off the bench. Nepo and Maouche were poor today, Sylla was our best player by far followed by Piergianni. Our time wasting tactics meant we got what we deserved. Poor from the manager. 

Defeat firmly down to Dino in not using subs to replace tired players, Rowe isolated and the dickhead once we are losing with zero time left then brings on a second striker - pure idiocy from the management team. Missile should have been off and Smith was absolutely knackered.

kudos to mills carrying on once his dislocated shoulder was popped back in by physio 

4 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Gutted...ruined my weekend apart from now off to Ashton to watch a Led Zeppelin tribute band!!!

Another last minute goal.Why is it I only feel confident if we are 2 up in injury time?

Time wasting  by us today cost us.

Only fun thing today was in the Cheshire  Arms when the bouncer was a dead ringer for Carl Robinson and Latics fans did not spare him.

Well I hope you will get a whole lot of love tonight. If we'd won tonight you would of been on a stairway to heaven.

I wasn't at the game today so those of you who went will know more. But it seems bizarre in the circumstances that one of our best players and best midfielder was an unused substitute. 

Surely even if Dino was playing for a point it would still make sense to bring McCann on to sure up the midfield especially as the stats show Crewe had 67% possession.

Archived