1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It's part of his job to instil a bit of character in those who need that though.

I appreciate some are lost causes, but not all of them surely?

Those who he can't instil any character in he shouldn't be picking, or letting his bosses pick, if he's not able to somehow compensate for what they're lacking in...

I can see a pre season army boot camp with Dino leading the charge, they won't be able to keep up with him though.😁

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What Dino said about some players lacking character is correct though, many bottle it in  

away games and you don't need those sort of players at the club. Unfortunately he's been lumbered with them so not a lot of choice unless some from the youth team are drafted in, which in itself is a risk.

Agree about team selection, but is he in control of that, allegedly other managers weren't, so if that was the case why would he be?

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It's part of his job to instil a bit of character in those who need that though.

I appreciate some are lost causes, but not all of them surely?

Those who he can't instil any character in he shouldn't be picking, or letting his bosses pick, if he's not able to somehow compensate for what they're lacking in...

Not just a question of bottling it though. It was clear at least to me that the defeat 6-0 away at Carlisle last year that was the final nail in Bunn’s coffin wasn’t just because Maouche, Missilou, Nepo and Branger bottled it, but also because they were playing to a different agenda. Difficult to motivate players like that, when they know the manager is on his way out as in Bunn's case, or may not have complete control like Dino.

Of course didn’t help that day that Taylor was at left back.

Well I've now watched Zeus 'fumble' the ball into the goal at Crewe,  rush out pointlessly, tamely knock a ball out to an approaching striker,  'fumble' another shot into the goal, pull his hand away from making a save,  watched without moving as a long range 'shot' goes unopposed for a goal.

Now that is six mistakes for six goals in two matches. "?"

I was in “ keeper lacking a bit of confidence “ group. But after seeing last nights goals, I’m in the “you are getting a bung for your shitness “ group 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Can't believe anyone would be crabbing Wheater for trying to prevent a goal.

How many times did clarke do that when on the line?

Perversely,  I am now ‘looking forward’ to the season tickets going on sale for my highlight of the season. 
I can’t see anything other than them being disastrous. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How many times did clarke do that when on the line?

Clarke used his body...  not his arm

38 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Perversely,  I am now ‘looking forward’ to the season tickets going on sale for my highlight of the season. 
I can’t see anything other than them being disastrous. 

I know exactly what you mean. I want to bottom out. Rather than limp along. 

Out of interest. Did anyone from on here travel down from Oldham?

Bob (Isaacs) did.

After the match, he complained on Facebook that Exeter didn’t serve gravy with his chips.

• Like 1

Sorry but the more I watch this, I cannot see how this isn't suspicious behaviour and something foul isn't going on. This angle shows clearly how he pulls away from saving it:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Sorry but the more I watch this, I cannot see how this isn't suspicious behaviour and something foul isn't going on. This angle shows clearly how he pulls away from saving it:

Jesus Christ. 

That looks ‘Hans Segers esque’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Or he realised he was never going to reach it so have up?

Then decides to jump into the back of the net 😂

Some pretty damning suggestions flying around on social media with regards to Zeus performance on Tuesday, have to say that is by far the worst goalkeeping performance I've seen from a professional in 40 years of watching the game and yes I was there when Segers helped chucked six into his own goal against us at BP many moons ago, Must of played his last game for the club surely?

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Jesus Christ. 

That looks ‘Hans Segers esque’

Who was the player who couldn't be bothered to jump to challenge the scorers header, that was poor too?

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Must of played his last game for the club surely?

I'd like to think so.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Who was the player who couldn't be bothered to jump to challenge the scorers header, that was poor too?

For Mills, heading the ball isn't the strongest part of his game.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Some pretty damning suggestions flying around on social media with regards to Zeus performance on Tuesday, have to say that is by far the worst goalkeeping performance I've seen from a professional in 40 years of watching the game and yes I was there when Segers helped chucked six into his own goal against us at BP many moons ago, Must of played his last game for the club surely?

Worse than Cornell v Southend?

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 11:08 PM, League one forever said:

I thought our troubles were deeper than player assessment??? 

You’re not passing comment on your football team without seeing the ‘bigger picture’ ‘root cause’ or ‘fundamental issue‘  are you. . ? 

Oh - I`m under no illusions League one - as fickle as any fecker me - well almost 😀

I thought the point was excellent - I`ve always believed that "speed" is essential in any successful football team.

17 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Worse than Cornell v Southend?

Or Goram mk 2?

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Oh - I`m under no illusions League one - as fickle as any fecker me - well almost 😀

I thought the point was excellent - I`ve always believed that "speed" is essential in any successful football team.

Absolutely.....and you can’t teach pace

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I think suggestions of match-fixing, which I have seen on social media, are way wide of the mark and, to be fair to Zeus, well out of order. I just don't think he's a very good keeper...