Forest Green (H)

I want to forget about last night as soon as possible, so onto Saturday.

They might be top half but have been on a poor run of form recently.  We need a setup like Mansfield and Bradford and attack them from the off.  I'd go with:

Zeus (although Woods if fit)

Mills

Hamer

Piergianni

CBJ

Smith

Maouche

McCann

Nepomuceno

Rowe

Wilson (Dearnley if fit)

Last night wasn't a game for Maouche but Saturday will be, especially with McCann back in the middle.  Sylla hasn't done much wrong but I think McCann could do his role better than him.

I doubt that Wilson will get picked but we should go with 2 up front and he'd be ideal for the role.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather have Allen in Goal,  nobody can be as bad as De La Paz !!

So my team would be :-

Allen (Woods if Fit)

Mills Hamer Piergianni CBJ

Nepomuceno Sylla McCann Smith (If Fit)

Rowe Dearnley (Disireuiwe if Dearnley not fit)

After that tackle on Smith, I was dissapointed not to see a single player go to the Ref and Smith was too honest. Played the man not the ball and two footed - shopuld have been sent off and if that was at BP then I reckon he would have. Hopefully he can shake off the calf injury but doubtful in my book watching him walk last night at the end.

17 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

After that tackle on Smith, I was dissapointed not to see a single player go to the Ref and Smith was too honest. Played the man not the ball and two footed - shopuld have been sent off and if that was at BP then I reckon he would have. Hopefully he can shake off the calf injury but doubtful in my book watching him walk last night at the end.

Shithousery is a tricky one.  I'm pleased we don't do it and I don't like other teams doing it.  If that tackle was by one of our players, in most games the player down would be rolling around and the rest of the team would have swarmed around tackler and ref and it probably would have been a red.

I always thought the upside of not shithousering would be that the refs give you the benefit of the doubt.  But we don't seem to get that either - could have called goal on Wheater so no penalty or red.  And what was Missilou's goal ruled out for?!  You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

3 hours ago, Blue Feather said:

I would rather have Allen in Goal,  nobody can be as bad as De La Paz !!

So my team would be :-

Allen (Woods if Fit)

Mills Hamer Piergianni CBJ

Nepomuceno Sylla McCann Smith (If Fit)

Rowe Dearnley (Disireuiwe if Dearnley not fit)

This is where the yellow card system fails, the same for a vicious tackle like that and taking off a shirt after scoring a goal.

10 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I want to forget about last night as soon as possible, so onto Saturday.

They might be top half but have been on a poor run of form recently.  We need a setup like Mansfield and Bradford and attack them from the off.  I'd go with:

Zeus (although Woods if fit)

Mills

Hamer

Piergianni

CBJ

Smith

Maouche

McCann

Nepomuceno

Rowe

Wilson (Dearnley if fit)

Last night wasn't a game for Maouche but Saturday will be, especially with McCann back in the middle.  Sylla hasn't done much wrong but I think McCann could do his role better than him.

I doubt that Wilson will get picked but we should go with 2 up front and he'd be ideal for the role.

Same team for me. Except the keeper. I’d just play with ten men instead. That way if there is no keeper at least there’d  be nobody to chuck it in there own bet ffs. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Coward. We both know. Why the double space in your post Magi ? And you forgot your full stop yet again. Anyway, I’m going to go all BP1960 😃 and put you on ignore now. You’re a very strange man indeed. 

????.....are you ok?

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Given the imminent arrival of Storm Dennis, there must be some possibility that this game may not go ahead. Forecast is for strong winds and heavy rain. 

If they do call the game off then let’s hope it’s done early as I am planning to be up for this one. 🤔

The problem you have got with travelling up is that the heavy rain is not due to start until late morning,, Good luck

Archived