Sign in to follow this  
the_mighty_bosh

Forest Green (H)

I want to forget about last night as soon as possible, so onto Saturday.

They might be top half but have been on a poor run of form recently.  We need a setup like Mansfield and Bradford and attack them from the off.  I'd go with:

Zeus (although Woods if fit)

Mills

Hamer

Piergianni

CBJ

Smith

Maouche

McCann

Nepomuceno

Rowe

Wilson (Dearnley if fit)

Last night wasn't a game for Maouche but Saturday will be, especially with McCann back in the middle.  Sylla hasn't done much wrong but I think McCann could do his role better than him.

I doubt that Wilson will get picked but we should go with 2 up front and he'd be ideal for the role.

I would rather have Allen in Goal,  nobody can be as bad as De La Paz !!

So my team would be :-

Allen (Woods if Fit)

Mills Hamer Piergianni CBJ

Nepomuceno Sylla McCann Smith (If Fit)

Rowe Dearnley (Disireuiwe if Dearnley not fit)

After that tackle on Smith, I was dissapointed not to see a single player go to the Ref and Smith was too honest. Played the man not the ball and two footed - shopuld have been sent off and if that was at BP then I reckon he would have. Hopefully he can shake off the calf injury but doubtful in my book watching him walk last night at the end.

Edited by Blue Feather

17 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

After that tackle on Smith, I was dissapointed not to see a single player go to the Ref and Smith was too honest. Played the man not the ball and two footed - shopuld have been sent off and if that was at BP then I reckon he would have. Hopefully he can shake off the calf injury but doubtful in my book watching him walk last night at the end.

Shithousery is a tricky one.  I'm pleased we don't do it and I don't like other teams doing it.  If that tackle was by one of our players, in most games the player down would be rolling around and the rest of the team would have swarmed around tackler and ref and it probably would have been a red.

I always thought the upside of not shithousering would be that the refs give you the benefit of the doubt.  But we don't seem to get that either - could have called goal on Wheater so no penalty or red.  And what was Missilou's goal ruled out for?!  You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Shithousery is a tricky one.  I'm pleased we don't do it and I don't like other teams doing it.

Apart from when we do

(see below)

Edited by oafcmetty

3 hours ago, Blue Feather said:

I would rather have Allen in Goal,  nobody can be as bad as De La Paz !!

So my team would be :-

Allen (Woods if Fit)

Mills Hamer Piergianni CBJ

Nepomuceno Sylla McCann Smith (If Fit)

Rowe Dearnley (Disireuiwe if Dearnley not fit)

This is where the yellow card system fails, the same for a vicious tackle like that and taking off a shirt after scoring a goal.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Apart from when we do

(see below)

Ha yeah I should have clarified. I was referring to effective shithousery that the top teams do. Not that weird, pointless stuff Dino has pioneered.

10 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I want to forget about last night as soon as possible, so onto Saturday.

They might be top half but have been on a poor run of form recently.  We need a setup like Mansfield and Bradford and attack them from the off.  I'd go with:

Zeus (although Woods if fit)

Mills

Hamer

Piergianni

CBJ

Smith

Maouche

McCann

Nepomuceno

Rowe

Wilson (Dearnley if fit)

Last night wasn't a game for Maouche but Saturday will be, especially with McCann back in the middle.  Sylla hasn't done much wrong but I think McCann could do his role better than him.

I doubt that Wilson will get picked but we should go with 2 up front and he'd be ideal for the role.

Same team for me. Except the keeper. I’d just play with ten men instead. That way if there is no keeper at least there’d  be nobody to chuck it in there own bet ffs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Same team for me. Except the keeper. I’d just play with ten men instead. That way if there is no keeper at least there’d  be nobody to chuck it in there own bet ffs. 

their

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wow. Dickhead. Why you hiding behind a new username dickhead ? Dickhead. 

Username  is Phoenix. Always has been

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Allen

Mills

Hamer

Pidge

CBJ

Nepo

McCann

Sylla

Smith

Wilson

1 in 6 Dan

Is 2 in 6 Vera not available?😀

35 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Username  is Phoenix. Always has been

Coward. We both know. Why the double space in your post Magi ? And you forgot your full stop yet again. Anyway, I’m going to go all BP1960 😃 and put you on ignore now. You’re a very strange man indeed. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Coward. We both know. Why the double space in your post Magi ? And you forgot your full stop yet again. Anyway, I’m going to go all BP1960 😃 and put you on ignore now. You’re a very strange man indeed. 

????.....are you ok?

This is one to suffer and simply enjoy the beer before and after the game.  If I didn't have a season card and a bad habit I could just enjoy the beer at Mossley.

Given the imminent arrival of Storm Dennis, there must be some possibility that this game may not go ahead. Forecast is for strong winds and heavy rain. 

If they do call the game off then let’s hope it’s done early as I am planning to be up for this one. 🤔

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Given the imminent arrival of Storm Dennis, there must be some possibility that this game may not go ahead. Forecast is for strong winds and heavy rain. 

If they do call the game off then let’s hope it’s done early as I am planning to be up for this one. 🤔

The problem you have got with travelling up is that the heavy rain is not due to start until late morning,, Good luck

I have a similar problem, but I travel 100 miles down.    Forecast does look shocking, so I will leave it until the updated forecast tomorrow morning before deciding. 🤞

It will most likely be a terrible game with both sides struggling with the conditions. 

Gosh I hope he plays a number ten up top with Rowe again. And make sure everyone comes back for corners Dino!

i won’t be there. Might do some cooking or go for a walk

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

If we play shit and start getting beat can we direct any angst at the directors box first please, they deserve it more. 

• Like 2

I'd like to see Dieser given a chance up front with Rowe. He showed he could cause problems in the air with Missilou's disallowed effort.

33 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

I'd like to see Dieser given a chance up front with Rowe. He showed he could cause problems in the air with Missilou's disallowed effort.

Can he run ? Genuine question