Forest Green (H)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

How did we play? Draw fair result? I presume they were no better than the usual shite this league has to offer!

in particular, how did woods do, especially dealing with crosses?

i presume Hamer played centre half, any better there?

whats the balance in midfield like, who looks the better bet to partner  McCann?

Cheers

p.s. My guess is that dinos next deflection tactic is ‘we’re becoming hard to beat home’.

We didn't deserve the win, but we should have brought it home easily once we were in the lead. 

Woods had a good match, didn't really put a foot wrong. Hamer made some good tackles and poor passes, as usual. 

Missilou was awful today, so would go with Sylla or Maouche next to McCann next week. 

17 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Fortunate to be in the lead, and couldn't even hold on to that for 30 minutes at home, against FGR. 

Mills, Dearnley, Woods, Piergianni and McCann had decent matches. 

Missilou was awful and had to come off, but bringing Branger on was a big mistake. Again.  

Woods, Mills and Piergianni did ok. Nobody else did much. 

Smith had his worst game for a long while. 

17 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I suspect he’s going to last the season, but i certainly won’t back whilst he’s charge

Exactly, you didn't have to be Einstein to work out why we conceded late at Crewe last week, the only person who obviously didn't see it is the clueless fucker who is managing the team. I'm not normally a fan of getting rid of a manager until he has had a fair crack of the whip, but this one has to go. 

29 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

1-1. For fuck sake Dino! Why are you defending a 1-0 lead at home! Take all our attacking options off with 10 minutes to go. Clueless! Absolutely fucking clueless! 

Interesting that we think all our attacking options are off with 10 mins to go but Rowe is still on! Says something methinks

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Interesting that we think all our attacking options are off with 10 mins to go but Rowe is still on! Says something methinks

I don't deem him to be an attacking option when he has no support ie the attacking options being taken off. Along with the fact that Dino is playing him out of position and not to his attacking style for the last 10 minutes.  He is not a 1 up front striker. 

16 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I don't deem him to be an attacking option when he has no support ie the attacking options being taken off. Along with the fact that Dino is playing him out of position and not to his attacking style for the last 10 minutes.  He is not a 1 up front striker. 

What is he? I will come off the fence....looks an ordinary labouring journeyman to me

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Pretty much. BBC says they had 66% possession and 17 shots to our 9, 6 on target to our 2.

We won the foul count though, 18 to 4 🙄

If it wasn't for these stats compilers the crowd would be even lower 

Fgr like to pass it around and we chased shadows in first gear for most of the first half. Like us fgr's final ball was poor and they were open at the back. Dearnly and Smith both had decent efforts. 

2nf half we were a bit better at pressuring them and we score.. Dino who must be a complete clown makes the same mistake as he does most weeks and takes a striker off and leaves Rowe isolated.. they hit the bar and eventually because we have no one to hold the ball up for us get an equaliser. Probably  a fair result not sure how Nepo doesn't shoot late on...

But make no mistake, yet again its crap negative tactics from the manager that have cost us. Fgr were not physical, they knocked it around well but not always with end product and frequently moved into poor areas... we could have seen them off but by taking Dearnly off and not replacing him we left them room to play amd gave them time. 

Ive been jury out on Dino....If he went tomorrow we wouldn't miss him. Hes rubbish.

44 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

We played 2 upfront for the whole game When Dearnley came off Maouche came on and went up top and we were shit which somewhat blows out the water that 2 upfront is the magic formula to our problems.

It wasn't a case of us going 1 up and sitting back we sat back from minute 1 Carl Winchester was allowed to stroke the ball around the pitch. We didn't  press at all well so we didn't interrupt their game. When we got the ball we didn't make the best use of it. Woods did better than what De la paz would have done and the conditions were difficult but it was horrific performance. 

Archived