Forest Green (H)

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Well it's nothing to do with their ability. 

One of them made the top three assists in the division and can play on either wing. 

The other one regularly hoofs it into the stand under no pressure for the entirety of the second half of matches. 

Hamer is overrated by most,Nepo is vastly overrated by some !

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Have any of these players been booed off the park similar to maouche earlier in the season?

Hamer hasn’t been criticed half as much some other more talented players. 

Mills has been a crap signing but I haven’t heard hardly any one pick up on this.

I remember everyone raving about one of Eagles’ games earlier in the season yet there were a couple of better performers on the day. 

Dont get me wrong, I don’t want or enjoy every single player getting stick but on here, and writhin the ground especially, I do think some people are biased towards domestic players. At the end of the day, they’re all part of what has been a fucking shite season. 

Agree with most of that. 

Think Mills is a run of the mill League Two footballer, some good moments and some bad. Often gets back when we're facing a counter, can offer something going forward.  Offers himself as an outlet more than most. 

Given we could have had another Iacovitti or Smith-Brown, I think he's done alright. 

6 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Agree with most of that. 

Think Mills is a run of the mill League Two footballer, some good moments and some bad. Often gets back when we're facing a counter, can offer something going forward.  Offers himself as an outlet more than most. 

Given we could have had another Iacovitti or Smith-Brown, I think he's done alright. 

I would of said the same about mills two months ago. But he seems disinterested to me now (understandably so after half a season playing understudy to Hamer or being played out of position) so I’d let him go and take a chance on Mo finding someone better...I won’t be holding my breath mind. 

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

When people are saying that Nepo is one of the first they would ship out of the club, but Hamer would be first choice for a new contract, it's clear that talent has got fuck all to do with that decision. 

Nepo is 27 this is the peak of his career. Tom Hamer is 20 if hes given the right environment and if he pulls his finger out and he applies himself and improves he will get better and play at a better level than this. Thats what its down too.

Would I be racist for saying Giles Coke was a bad signing or Chris Eagles was a bad move aswell?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Really? I'm calling Poe's Law on this one.

Matt if you feel thats racist and yes I can see why it reads that way then I apologise. But ultimately I don't believe the foreign players brought in by the Lemsagams have been good enough to take the club forwards and the results on the pitch back this up.

4 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

You probably haven’t had a response because most people know that you’re fishing and trying to make this an argument about colour.

Piergianni was born in Peterborough so why would he be considered a foreigner?  Do you perhaps have a cognitive blind spot because of his surname?

Give it a rest and try to add to the conversation rather than making every post one which is clearly trolling.  If you can’t manage that, maybe consider your next reincarnation as “Dodo” and fuck the fuck off.

Time to add Phoenix to the list of ignored users  

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Well it's nothing to do with their ability. 

One of them made the top three assists in the division and can play on either wing. 

The other one regularly hoofs it into the stand under no pressure for the entirety of the second half of matches. 

Stats are deceptive. He has got a small amount of ability that is occasionally useful at this level. 

10 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Off topic, Roughyeds win in Whitehaven tonight!!!!!. Well done Yeds!!!!!

Watched it for for free on the official Rugby League website, all you have to do is sign up.  The coverage including  slow mo re runs of  incidents puts ifollow to shame. 

Two sides who put in 100% effort, if only football players could do the same.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Watched it for for free on the official Rugby League website, all you have to do is sign up.  The coverage including  slow mo re runs of  incidents puts ifollow to shame. 

A bit late with the info BP,

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don’t know why the game started at 6.15?. Great win though, they all played for the shirts tonight!!.

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I would of said the same about mills two months ago. But he seems disinterested to me now (understandably so after half a season playing understudy to Hamer or being played out of position) so I’d let him go and take a chance on Mo finding someone better...I won’t be holding my breath mind. 

Have you forgotten that he is playing with the worry of a fall or awkward movement dislocating a shoulder.  He was one of the only players playing with passion yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Have any of these players been booed off the park similar to maouche earlier in the season?

Hamer hasn’t been criticed half as much some other more talented players. 

Mills has been a crap signing but I haven’t heard hardly any one pick up on this.

I remember everyone raving about one of Eagles’ games earlier in the season yet there were a couple of better performers on the day. 

Dont get me wrong, I don’t want or enjoy every single player getting stick but on here, and writhin the ground especially, I do think some people are biased towards domestic players. At the end of the day, they’re all part of what has been a fucking shite season. 

I don’t think Mills has been a crap signing at all. He’s a good solid performer. If we had a few more as consistent as him we’d be better off.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I see it as you, he is crap. 

I wouldn’t call him crap, I think that’s a bit harsh, but the more I see of him the more I see a winger who doesn’t go past full backs with any pace and when he’s on the right wing he always always always has to cut inside into his left foot because he can’t do anything with his right foot.

Ok occasionally he’ll cut inside and get the odd goal but he looks so one dimensional. I think we need an upgrade.
Same goes for Branger-Engone as well. I’ve no idea what’s happened to him but he’s gone downhill rapidly.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Have you forgotten that he is playing with the worry of a fall or awkward movement dislocating a shoulder.  He was one of the only players playing with passion yesterday. 

This was mentioned last week after the Crewe game that Mills had popped his shoulder again. He didn't, he damaged his wrist whilst in a tackle, had treatment and carried on.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't think any are good enough. Could not get my head around the outcry when Nepo was loaned out to the Vauxhall Conference in August...

To be fair he was loaned out in sept outside the transfer window and couldn’t go anywhere else other than conference or below. 

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

He shouldn’t be playing if he’s not fit then!

He is fit, just if he falls the wrong way his shoulder is likely to dislocate again. He'll probably need an operation if that happens. 

It's be very unusual for that not to affect anyone's mentality. 

Has Mills had a bad game? He's the sort of player that will be a 5 to 8 out of 10 every game so isn't a 1 to 4 or 9 or 10. You need players like that in your squad no matter the level. He's also been pretty versatile, again an attribute needed for squads. 

I think lots of us questioned his signing in the summer given the success of Hamer. But to say he is a crap signing is way off the mark. 

Archived