Athleticos relocated to front of JFS

I think the Athleticos are superb. About the only people that consistently try to create some kind of atmosphere at our graveyard of a ground. Mainly young lads, I think - and we need the youth on board for future prosperity (it will arrive again, one day).

Tbh, I`m a little surprised they are still going as, when I last attended BP, they were very few in number. Good luck to them though.

39 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I think the Athleticos are superb. About the only people that consistently try to create some kind of atmosphere at our graveyard of a ground. Mainly young lads, I think - and we need the youth on board for future prosperity (it will arrive again, one day).

Tbh, I`m a little surprised they are still going as, when I last attended BP, they were very few in number. Good luck to them though.

Fully understand the need to accommodate our young supporters but it'll move that bloody drum just a bit too close to bear.

I've been moved from my preferred seat ( Chaddy Road End ), declined to sit in the new alternative ( North/Joe Royle Stand ) due to weather issues and decided to remain where I re-located to ( Rochdale Road/Jimmy Frizzell Stand ).

Perhaps i'ts now time to join the rest of the curmudgeons in the Main Stand, or not bother at all. 

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fully understand the need to accommodate our young supporters but it'll move that bloody drum just a bit too close to bear.

I've been moved from my preferred seat ( Chaddy Road End ), declined to sit in the new alternative ( North/Joe Royle Stand ) due to weather issues and decided to remain where I re-located to ( Rochdale Road/Jimmy Frizzell Stand ).

Perhaps i'ts now time to join the rest of the curmudgeons in the Main Stand, or not bother at all. 

You can't come in the main stand upper, unless you are over 65, and moan a lot.   😉

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Surely if the Athleticos had wanted to move they could have chose to do so already ?.  Instead of being forced to move.  

They have an agreement with the club to base themselves in their current position. This gives them flexibility to stand, lay out flags/banners and use the drum with minimal disruption to the rest of the stand. The move is one that the Athleticos have asked for. Obviously the trial games have convinced the club that a more central position will improve atmosphere. It is a fairly small area of the stand in reality: Seats 70–80 on rows F, G and H in the Jimmy Frizzell Stand (Rochdale Road End). That’s 30 seats out of a capacity of 3,000 for that section of the stand. I presume that the first few rows in that area will be left empty for flags/banners. 

As for the atmosphere at BP in recent times...yes it’s been lacking for the most part but I have been there when even the MSU has  been rocking...

On 2/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, 100milesaway said:

Surely if the Athleticos had wanted to move they could have chose to do so already ?.  Instead of being forced to move.  

Why do you assume they’ve been forced to move? From what I can gather they are more than happy to move and it can only help the overall atmosphere when they move behind the goal. Good decision all round IMO. 

Saturday was the least an Oldham match had ever felt like an Oldham match to me with so few of the songs being sung/drummed being Oldham songs. 

And that "shit in your bath/piss in your sink" song is an embarrassing AIDS/Ebola/CoronaVirus cocktail of absolute terrace felch. 

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Saturday was the least an Oldham match had ever felt like an Oldham match to me with so few of the songs being sung/drummed being Oldham songs. 

And that "shit in your bath/piss in your sink" song is an embarrassing AIDS/Ebola/CoronaVirus cocktail of absolute terrace felch. 

Agree with that second bit, that chant is truly awful and hopefully someone on here who is part of that group will get it taken off the "playlist" 

Archived