Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobledgersheart

Athleticos relocated to front of JFS

Recommended Posts

I think the Athleticos are superb. About the only people that consistently try to create some kind of atmosphere at our graveyard of a ground. Mainly young lads, I think - and we need the youth on board for future prosperity (it will arrive again, one day).

 

Tbh, I`m a little surprised they are still going as, when I last attended BP, they were very few in number. Good luck to them though.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely if the Athleticos had wanted to move they could have chose to do so already ?.  Instead of being forced to move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I think the Athleticos are superb. About the only people that consistently try to create some kind of atmosphere at our graveyard of a ground. Mainly young lads, I think - and we need the youth on board for future prosperity (it will arrive again, one day).

 

Tbh, I`m a little surprised they are still going as, when I last attended BP, they were very few in number. Good luck to them though.

Fully understand the need to accommodate our young supporters but it'll move that bloody drum just a bit too close to bear.

 

I've been moved from my preferred seat ( Chaddy Road End ), declined to sit in the new alternative ( North/Joe Royle Stand ) due to weather issues and decided to remain where I re-located to ( Rochdale Road/Jimmy Frizzell Stand ).

 

Perhaps i'ts now time to join the rest of the curmudgeons in the Main Stand, or not bother at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fully understand the need to accommodate our young supporters but it'll move that bloody drum just a bit too close to bear.

 

I've been moved from my preferred seat ( Chaddy Road End ), declined to sit in the new alternative ( North/Joe Royle Stand ) due to weather issues and decided to remain where I re-located to ( Rochdale Road/Jimmy Frizzell Stand ).

 

Perhaps i'ts now time to join the rest of the curmudgeons in the Main Stand, or not bother at all. 

You can't come in the main stand upper, unless you are over 65, and moan a lot.   😉

Edited by 100milesaway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

You can't come in the main stand upper, unless you are over 65, and moan a lot.   😉

That's a YES and YES then !

I'm a perfect fit, even my knees won't hit the seat in front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

That's a YES and YES then !

I'm a perfect fit, even my knees won't hit the seat in front.

You'd need to be under 5ft in height for that to be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hometownclub said:

You'd need to be under 5ft in height for that to be the case.

No, currently 5'9" and shrinking every year but can manage on most rows in the Main Stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Surely if the Athleticos had wanted to move they could have chose to do so already ?.  Instead of being forced to move.  

 

They have an agreement with the club to base themselves in their current position. This gives them flexibility to stand, lay out flags/banners and use the drum with minimal disruption to the rest of the stand. The move is one that the Athleticos have asked for. Obviously the trial games have convinced the club that a more central position will improve atmosphere. It is a fairly small area of the stand in reality: Seats 70–80 on rows F, G and H in the Jimmy Frizzell Stand (Rochdale Road End). That’s 30 seats out of a capacity of 3,000 for that section of the stand. I presume that the first few rows in that area will be left empty for flags/banners. 

 

As for the atmosphere at BP in recent times...yes it’s been lacking for the most part but I have been there when even the MSU has  been rocking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, 100milesaway said:

Surely if the Athleticos had wanted to move they could have chose to do so already ?.  Instead of being forced to move.  

Why do you assume they’ve been forced to move? From what I can gather they are more than happy to move and it can only help the overall atmosphere when they move behind the goal. Good decision all round IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday was the least an Oldham match had ever felt like an Oldham match to me with so few of the songs being sung/drummed being Oldham songs. 

 

And that "shit in your bath/piss in your sink" song is an embarrassing AIDS/Ebola/CoronaVirus cocktail of absolute terrace felch. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Saturday was the least an Oldham match had ever felt like an Oldham match to me with so few of the songs being sung/drummed being Oldham songs. 

 

And that "shit in your bath/piss in your sink" song is an embarrassing AIDS/Ebola/CoronaVirus cocktail of absolute terrace felch. 

 

 

 

Agree with that second bit, that chant is truly awful and hopefully someone on here who is part of that group will get it taken off the "playlist" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l thought that the whole reason they were moved was because if people stood in the central section(s?) then it blocked the view of the wheelies at the back of the stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...