North Stand ST holders

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear loyal supporter,

You may have seen our 2020/21 season ticket early bird announcement. As part of this we wanted to write to you to explain the situation and plan for your seat(s) in the Joe Royle Stand

Clearly we currently have a situation where the stand is closed on matchdays due to health and safety concerns highlighted by the Council. We are very keen that we rectify this situation through the OEC as quickly as possible. However, unfortunately it will not be done in time to be able to offer the renewal of your seat in the same timeline as other areas of the ground.

What does this mean?

• We are not able to sell you a seat in the Joe Royle Stand for next season right now.
  •  

What are my options?

1. Continue to take advantage of the Early Bird prices and purchase a season ticket in another stand. Once the situation is resolved, we can move you back into your existing seat or you can choose another available one. This will ensure you take advantage of all offers and savings we have announced.

1. Wait until the situation is resolved or a final decision is made on next season before deciding whether to renew. This would, however, mean you risk missing out on the Early Bird savings if not resolved ahead of the deadline. Unfortunately, we cannot extend the saving dates.

We very much hope you renew through 'Option 1' and we are committed to ensuring you are provided with exactly the same opportunities and benefits as supporters in the rest of the ground. As we said in our recent statements regarding the stand, it is the intention of the Club that we re-open it as soon as we possibly can. The situation is complex, but the Joe Royle Stand is integral to the future plans going forwards.

Thank you for your support over the years and understanding in this matter. Please contact us if you have any unanswered questions.

Your sincerely

Natalie Atkinson

Managing Director

For and on Behalf of Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Limited

The letter made me so angry last as it shows utter contempt for those who bought season tickets in that Stand this season. For some reason, though,  I keep coming back to that rogue bullet point. They decided to make a list but could only come up with one thing.

“Put some bullet points in the Nat, it’ll look dead professional”

”But I can only think of one thing”

”Sod it, put the bullets in anyway”.

Here’s just a few other things they could have added under “what does it mean?”

• We will hardly sell any season tickets
  • Abdallah will have to plough even more money in next year as revenue drops again
  • We haven’t made any concerted effort to resolve the issue and have decided that we don’t care about the impact on our fans/customers
  • We are putting our spat with the former owners above the fans

I don't have a ST in the JR stand so the shitbags have saved the cost of a postage stamp in not having to insult me as they have others.

I do however have a ST in the Rochdale Rd end and the chances of my renewing that are as remote as there being a heatwave here tomorrow.

What an absolute disgrace the Club,it's Owners,Directors and management staff have become.  

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

Dear loyal supporter,

You may have seen our 2020/21 season ticket early bird announcement. As part of this we wanted to write to you to explain the situation and plan for your seat(s) in the Joe Royle Stand

Clearly we currently have a situation where the stand is closed on matchdays due to health and safety concerns highlighted by the Council. We are very keen that we rectify this situation through the OEC as quickly as possible. However, unfortunately it will not be done in time to be able to offer the renewal of your seat in the same timeline as other areas of the ground.

What does this mean?

• We are not able to sell you a seat in the Joe Royle Stand for next season right now.
  •  

What are my options?

1. Continue to take advantage of the Early Bird prices and purchase a season ticket in another stand. Once the situation is resolved, we can move you back into your existing seat or you can choose another available one. This will ensure you take advantage of all offers and savings we have announced.

1. Wait until the situation is resolved or a final decision is made on next season before deciding whether to renew. This would, however, mean you risk missing out on the Early Bird savings if not resolved ahead of the deadline. Unfortunately, we cannot extend the saving dates.

We very much hope you renew through 'Option 1' and we are committed to ensuring you are provided with exactly the same opportunities and benefits as supporters in the rest of the ground. As we said in our recent statements regarding the stand, it is the intention of the Club that we re-open it as soon as we possibly can. The situation is complex, but the Joe Royle Stand is integral to the future plans going forwards.

Thank you for your support over the years and understanding in this matter. Please contact us if you have any unanswered questions.

Your sincerely

Natalie Atkinson

Managing Director

For and on Behalf of Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Limited

I received the same generic email.

You can shove your season ticket Natalie

I wont be renewing, been going to watch Latics since 1979, wont be going anymore, final nail in the coffin for me.

I am going to write to the club tomorrow.  In my letter I will state that if the JR stand is not open to fans to watch matches, and enjoy the facilities in the OE lounge pre match BEFORE the conclusion of our home fixtures, that I will not renew my Main stand seat for next season.

My passion and enthusiasm for the club is ebbing away, and it's plainly obvious that we are heading for lots more trouble soon. I have no idea where our saviour is going to come from, but I fear that that will be our only salvation. One thing for sure, is that the present regime, with it's record of abject failure at every level of running a professorial football club has been an utter and complete failure.

A disgraceful email from the club. It’s understandable that health and safety should be a priority and the issues needed sorting (the rumour is they have been) but OAFC’s message to the fans that have STs in that stand should be that the club will honour the early bird pricing and discounts  once the issues are resolved. Not a thinly veiled threat.

I understand that they have given fans the chance to purchase a ticket in an alternative part of the ground but with little reassurance that there is any resolution to this issue on the horizon - simply buy a ticket for another seat (arguably inferior) or risk losing any financial incentive.

Some may argue that this is fair enough but I think this is shocking from the least successful club in the football league with a falling gate. 

I am a ST holder in the paddock and the politics behind this Joe Royle/OEC/FLG does not impact my seating experience. I do (did) go in the OEC fans’ bar pre match and am desperate for all of the groups involved to get around a table and sort this out.

In the meantime I will not be renewing my ST because I have no doubt that Natalie and her puppet masters would treat fans in the other two available stands with the same contempt if there was financial gain to be made. They clearly don’t care about the fans. These turds need flushing out of our club and the way to do it is hit them in the pocket.

Had two 100 club season tickets for years....

I have had no email or contact what so ever . I am supposed to be a match sponsor for the Plymouth home game later in the season

No chance of me doing that, or renewing my ticket next season..........

I await my email from non league Natalie ............

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's good to see these angry responses from rightly pissed off fans, I'm sure the club monitor what is being posted on here, hopefully they will take on board what is being said. 

Lol. If only. Not a single fuck is given about us oiks by the powers that be, despite all the bollocks spouted about them learning. 

10 minutes ago, maddog said:

Lol. If only. Not a single fuck is given about us oiks by the powers that be, despite all the bollocks spouted about them learning. 

I could be wrong but I get the feeling we are reaching tipping point, the owner needs to act one way or the other. He can't keep burying his head in the sand. 

15 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Had two 100 club season tickets for years....

I have had no email or contact what so ever . I am supposed to be a match sponsor for the Plymouth home game later in the season

No chance of me doing that, or renewing my ticket next season..........

I await my email from non league Natalie ............

Jesus, the damage being done at the moment is monumental

They are pressing you to buy a ticket now because the owner needs cash now. The club could easily have a list of all North Stand ST holders and allow the discount at any time. Spending the family jewels on our non league goal machine means there is nowt left for the summer. 

The bubble is about to burst, don't lose your hard earned cash. 

Like I’ve said the longer these 🤡🤡’s are running this shit show the worse the situation will become. No matter what happens in the future for me the damage is now irreversible.

Do they actually realise what they have done to this family club and more importantly do they really care?

As a fan of 60 years I will not set foot in BP again until they are gone.

de de de de, fucking shambles!!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

Archived