North Stand ST holders

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Even if the OEC issue was not caused by the club (that's obviously their belief) then the decent thing to do is just say they will honour the price once resolved. Simple

By not offering to honour it, it makes me think that stand won't be used again 

Yep, I don't think either party has ever had the club and fans interests anywhere near the top of their lists.... money is all the 3 Amigos care about and ego appears to be what motivates Al and Mo.... Natalie and Owen are happily following orders

After 30 years of regular attendance home and away, I will not be renewing my season ticket. It hurts me to not renew but I can not carry on just going out of habit. The overall match day experience is awful. The lack of decent facilities, being used as a pawn in some crap business argument and the less said about the footballing side of things, the better. The decline of OAFC has been going on for years but under the current regime it has accelerated to the point that it is out of control. Its painful to see but I will not hand over another penny to this totalitarian muppet who clearly doesn’t give a toss about the life and soul of a once proud club. The atmosphere around the club is depressing and as it stands, there doesn’t appear to be much of a future. He says that without the fans then the club is nothing. Never a truer word spoken as he will find out very soon. 

Does anyone know if there's any historic personal beef between senior club officials and Blitz/FLG members?  A personal grudge you can't see past might be one explanation for shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly with a rocket launcher.

11 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

After 30 years of regular attendance home and away, I will not be renewing my season ticket. It hurts me to not renew but I can not carry on just going out of habit. The overall match day experience is awful. The lack of decent facilities, being used as a pawn in some crap business argument and the less said about the footballing side of things, the better. The decline of OAFC has been going on for years but under the current regime it has accelerated to the point that it is out of control. Its painful to see but I will not hand over another penny to this totalitarian muppet who clearly doesn’t give a toss about the life and soul of a once proud club. The atmosphere around the club is depressing and as it stands, there doesn’t appear to be much of a future. He says that without the fans then the club is nothing. Never a truer word spoken as he will find out very soon. 

I took the same decision at the start of this season and haven't been to a single game in a season for the first time in decades.

First few months was a killer but whilst Latics are and always will be my only football club, I have found myself to be increasingly disillusioned with the whole game

UEFA, ticket pricing for lower league games, the £billions being spent in the Premier League whilst lower league and grassroots football struggle to survive and VAR absolutely ruining games. Then there's the EFL who sit on their hands whilst clubs with a century of history flirt with the trapdoor into oblivion, yet the EFL still arrange the madness of midweek fixtures of the likes of Latics having to travel to Exeter City on a Tuesday night with absolutely no thought for supporters.

Its an absolute shambles when you have time to really think about it

:chubb:

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I took the same decision at the start of this season and haven't been to a single game in a season for the first time in decades.

First few months was a killer but whilst Latics are and always will be my only football club, I have found myself to be increasingly disillusioned with the whole game

UEFA, ticket pricing for lower league games, the £billions being spent in the Premier League whilst lower league and grassroots football struggle to survive and VAR absolutely ruining games. Then there's the EFL who sit on their hands whilst clubs with a century of history flirt with the trapdoor into oblivion, yet the EFL still arrange the madness of midweek fixtures of the likes of Latics having to travel to Exeter City on a Tuesday night with absolutely no thought for supporters.

This completely. I've not missed it either, and to be honest, the few away matches I have attended have been pretty shite too. If I lose the will to log into OWTB I think I'll have fallen off the cliff entirely, and that won't be far off.

The standout point of that letter is that there is six months to sort out the shambles with the Joe Royle stand. If they can't sort that out within 6 months then they have little interest in getting it open, despite the lip service they're paying in their statements. It saves them money it being shut even with people not renewing because of it.

Their treatment of long-suffering supporters throughout their whole tenure is nothing short of a travesty.

27 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Totally agree with regards to the whole game.

Reading played at Leeds last Saturday and the ticket price for Away fans was £39! *

That price is in part a reaction by Leeds to the amount of money their own travelling fans are charged. Leeds inevitably take a large following and the home clubs see it as a way to make a tidy sum. It’s just wrong. As are the prices at League 2 level.

(*) btw. Reading did pay for the coaches to take their fans to Leeds as their owner has promised to pay for travel to the fifteen furthest away journeys 😮 Nice 👍 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Does anyone know if there's any historic personal beef between senior club officials and Blitz/FLG members?  A personal grudge you can't see past might be one explanation for shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly with a rocket launcher.

No idea but I find it hard to imagine Owen and Brooke being best mates

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Something like taking land, making a profit off it and then trying to charge for it twice or even three times when it doesnt exist anymore? hmmm yeah maybe..

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Then there's the EFL who sit on their hands whilst clubs with a century of history flirt with the trapdoor into oblivion, yet the EFL still arrange the madness of midweek fixtures of the likes of Latics having to travel to Exeter City on a Tuesday night with absolutely no thought for supporters.

They'd argue that they have thought about supporters, and that fans would prefer, say, Bradford away on a Saturday and Exeter away on a Tuesday, than vice versa.

And they're probably right - percentage wise, the drop off from a Bradford away Sat->Tues is likely bigger than the Exeter drop off.

I wrote back to them explaining why I wouldn't be renewing my 2 STs, which had already been forcibly downgraded from 100 club tickets this year because of this petty dick waving contest. 

It appears many others have done the same and I'm told there is genuine shock in some quarters at the reaction, because a  certain someone had convinced them  that the hardcore would just suck this up because we'll  never stop going, whatever happens!

1 minute ago, bozman said:

I wrote back to them explaining why I wouldn't be renewing my 2 STs, which had already been forcibly downgraded from 100 club tickets this year because of this petty dick waving contest. 

It appears many others have done the same and I'm told there is genuine shock in some quarters at the reaction, because a  certain someone had convinced them  that the hardcore would just suck this up because we'll  never stop going, whatever happens!

Come on AL, sack Barry, put your willy away and show us that you really can do things proper round there.

31 minutes ago, bozman said:

I think most fans by now appreciate what an awful mess we have become very quickly (and yes I know it's not been great for a few years prior - but nothing compares to this). 

A fair % will have given them the benefit of the doubt when purchasing season tickets for 19/20. The season ticket sales for 20/21 will probably reflect the true depth of feeling amongst fans now. Let's see what happens.

46 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

They'd argue that they have thought about supporters, and that fans would prefer, say, Bradford away on a Saturday and Exeter away on a Tuesday, than vice versa.

Of course they would argue that but the impact for a club to complete a 500 mile round trip midweek or a Saturday is similar.

Why are lower league clubs still having to travel these kind of distances and incur such costs for themselves and their supporters.

The EFL key strategy should be to do everything they possibly can to protect lower league football clubs and increase the match day enjoyment for supporters

The EFL for far too long have simply sat on their hands and watched football slip into serious financial decline

52 minutes ago, bozman said:

This is the problem when surrounding yourself with "yes men", it doesn't work when the answer is no ! 

I’m another who won’t be renewing 2x season tickets (in the main stand paddock).

I was going to knock it on the head at the the end of last season, but I was talked into renewing at the last minute of the early bird price, but no fucking chance now.

And the fact it’s our 125th season is incredibly sad.

4 hours ago, bozman said:

I have written in a similar way and had a response, I too feel that they have been shocked and I would hope that there will be some relaxation of the terms for North Standers. It may be too late for many of us.

7 hours ago, tGWB said:

A lot of the above was the reason I started watching Latics about 4-years ago. 

However, Abdallah and his stooges have succeeded in taking away the vast majority of the positive stuff about a team like Oldham. 

Gutted and not sure I can see a way back either given the damage that continues to be done. 

23 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I have written in a similar way and had a response, I too feel that they have been shocked and I would hope that there will be some relaxation of the terms for North Standers. It may be too late for many of us.

Can I please ask what reply you received as a matter of interest? 

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

No idea but I find it hard to imagine Owen and Brooke being best mates

I can see Barry Owen getting into beef with almost anyone. 

Archived