Newport (H)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Would agree with that except think Tom Hamer would benefit from a fortnight off so would bring CBJ back.

Agree about giving Tom a rest, played every game, and it shows. Dino says Woods has a thigh strain, if so we'll need to score at least 3.

15 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Agree about giving Tom a rest, played every game, and it shows. Dino says Woods has a thigh strain, if so we'll need to score at least 3.

l had seen Woods a couple of times before he signed and thought he was good. Now he plays for us he is about what l thought and his injury proneness explains why he is down here 😢

Not a good attribute for a keeper.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l had seen Woods a couple of times before he signed and thought he was good. Now he plays for us he is about what l thought and his injury proneness explains why he is down here 😢

Not a good attribute for a keeper.

I think Woods is ok for this level. My concern was if he'd have to be replaced by Zeus.

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Less than 2000 total crowd tomorrow?

Nah, there are how many ST holders 2.5k? I know you always get absentees from these, say 400 from Newport plus a couple of hundred pay on the day. Going to be interesting to see. 

If you remember Blitz said in the PTB meeting that all of his advisors and Danny Gazal were telling him to press the button and put the Club into admin. He said that he cared about the club and had refused to do so,but that he didn't know how far he could be pushed until he pushed the button I expect that the closure of the North Stand and the fans reaction to the season ticket offer has left him thinking there is no hope of working a solution with these guys. Hence the application for admin.

Or maybe cynically he has let this season run with AL funding it, and has a new buyer in the wings to start next season with a clean slate and league status preserved.

1 hour ago, kev1970 said:

We have got to win this tomorrow..

But will all this have affected the players state of mind? will they down tools in protest?

What a bloody nightmare scenario and sickening to all concerned 

35 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

But will all this have affected the players state of mind? will they down tools in protest?

Well would you if you weren't being paid?

58 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

No, Macc players unpaid still gave 100%.

9 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Well would you if you weren't being paid?

Ofcourse I wouldn't work if I wasn't getting paid, I was purely stating what it's come to and with the thought of last time the players did.

It didn't end well did it?

Archived