Jump to content

Recommended Posts

well that was most unexpected and welcomed.

 

When was the last time we scored 5? Peterborough when we turned it around to 5-4? seemed an age ago

 

Highlight for me was at the 86th minute when a fan behind me shouted out....."you know, I think we can win this...." well we all burst out laughing

 

Got to love a latics sense of humour. Priceless

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game.Shame poor crowd but those who braved the cold saw a belter. OK Newport were crap but we played them off the park with our passing and Sylla was my Motm although Danny Rowe brace came close.Our second goal was superb and can't wait to see it again later.Well worked goal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been said previously Rowe has a good football brain in him and can pick a pass.

It was churlish for some posters to question his pedigree when he didn't score loads in his first few games.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

As has been said previously Rowe has a good football brain in him and can pick a pass.

It was churlish for some posters to question his pedigree when he didn't score loads in his first few games.  

 

Sounding pedantic here I know but I think what the majority were questioning was how he was being played rather than his pedigree. 

 

Today we got the ball to his feet and we reaped the benefits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crisis club Oldham administered a thrashing to Newport to wind up a traumatic few days. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

absolutely delighted with the lads performance today, showed quality to rise above all the shit around the club at the minute and demolish an opposition. 

 

Thanks fellas, enjoy your weekend, you may have nigh on 3000 Latics fans cold but very delighted and warm inside

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Great game.Shame poor crowd but those who braved the cold saw a belter. OK Newport were crap but we played them off the park with our passing and Sylla was my Motm although Danny Rowe brace came close.Our second goal was superb and can't wait to see it again later.Well worked goal.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, first 20 minutes a bit turgid then we turned on some proper entertainment, much appreciated by the faithful. True to say Newport weren't much of a threat, I credit our defence for being decent all game, whatever happens in the weeks to come, hopefully Pidge remains with the club.

Delighted for Danny Rowe, is a genuine goal threat when provided with chances around the box, looked fitter today, never the quickest but very alert and links play.

Mo Sylla is great for us, works hard and has quality, I chuckled when the Newport lad tried to square up to big Mo.

Zach Dearnley looks better every week, his goal was a peach.

 

Strange feeling at BP before the game, thought the turnout would be even lower, the team did us proud today amidst the soap opera which plays out between owner and landlord.

 

Please sort this out AL and Brassbank, we are long past caring who is right or wrong, just do the right thing by Friday.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Any audio of the goals?

think theyre on after the shipping forecast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newport were just the same as some of the teams that have beaten us at BP this season.

 

Good partnerships developing at centre half, centre mid and up front. Sylla needs signing up for next year asap, superb again today and doesn’t get enough credit for his quality on the ball. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed Dearnley and Rowe are rarely caught offside, signs of a good complimentary  partnership blooming.

Hope it's not broken up with administration.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time we won by five was beating Forest NYD 2007.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Has anyone else noticed Dearnley and Rowe are rarely caught offside, signs of a good complimentary  partnership blooming.

Hope it's not broken up with administration.

 

 

 

Yes look like a very good pairing.. One thing i do like about Rowe dropping deep , he does create space behind him..Very intelligent player.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

Yes look like a very good pairing.. One thing i do like about Rowe dropping deep , he does create space behind him..Very intelligent player.. 

If they take turns dropping deep with the other pushing up, they'll be a nightmare to mark. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Were there any members of the board present at today's match? 

AL, ML, BO were all in the main stand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Were there any members of the board present at today's match? 

There's more than one of us in Canada? Where are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there are still people on here comparing Sylla to Fane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

And there are still people on here comparing Sylla to Fane.

He admittedly played well yesterday. However he still went on 4-5 runs that lead to nothing, fans still cheered when he ran down the right wing and it went out for a newport goal kick and I will never understand this. But he was also massively helped by McCann who was sensational and backs up my point that for me a holding mid shouldn’t have to run around and make recover tackles if he can pass and position themselves correctly. McCann was untouchable yesterday. 
 

I will add I think Sylla and McCann compliment each other and are the best CM partnership we have. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He admittedly played well yesterday. However he still went on 4-5 runs that lead to nothing, fans still cheered when he ran down the right wing and it went out for a newport goal kick and I will never understand this. But he was also massively helped by McCann who was sensational and backs up my point that for me a holding mid shouldn’t have to run around and make recover tackles if he can pass and position themselves correctly. McCann was untouchable yesterday. 
 

I will add I think Sylla and McCann compliment each other and are the best CM partnership we have. 

The one thing Sylla definitely does is get the crowd going.

Whether it's a tackle or embarking on one of those "headless chicken" runs that invariably lead to nothing he's good for morale, for team and supporters.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, marhar said:

There's more than one of us in Canada? Where are you?

Nova Scotia, lived here for 13 years. Used to live in Vancouver 20 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

AL, ML, BO were all in the main stand

Any abuse or chants?  Or were they under security guard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

Any abuse or chants?  Or were they under security guard?

Could the Athleticos singing 'Barry Owen is a wanker' and there were a few banners. Apparently Barry was eager to get some fans kicked out but that was before I got there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...